Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Warhammer 40,000: Imperium Premium (Hachette)

• Please log in to reply
459 replies to this topic

Halandaar

Halandaar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,363 posts
  • Faction: Pretty much all of them!

Mine also came today. I only poked through the first one so far but there's not anything surprising in the fluff bits. There are crusade roster cards for the units though which is nice, I guess. It occurred to me that it feels kind of questionable to have advertised all the freebies that it turns out we can't get because they've canceled it for a year.

It's not "cancelled for a year", they did a limited trial run with the intent to roll it out later if the trial was a success. This is how Imperium, Mortal Realms and Conquest have all run in the UK for the past three years.

Subscriber gifts come with your deliveries once the collection launches in full.
  • beefeb and Dark Shepherd like this

gallery_84244_11417_1545.gifgallery_84244_11417_3775.gifgallery_84244_11417_2850.gifgallery_84244_11417_880.gifgallery_84244_11417_1641.gifgallery_84244_11417_2552.gifgallery_84244_11417_215.png gallery_84244_11417_13317.jpg gallery_84244_11417_22884.png gallery_84244_16660_5008.jpg gallery_84244_11417_13552.pnggallery_84244_11417_4840.png

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,490 posts

have barely been keeping up wtih this, is that one issue that would have that unique captain out yet?

Doghouse

Doghouse

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,215 posts

Not yet, it sounds like the first four issues were a trial run and the Captain is issue 5.

• Dark Shepherd likes this

Truescale MKIII Tutorial

Lord_Ikka

Lord_Ikka

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 573 posts
  • Faction: DA/Knights/Eldar/Inq
My first two issues came in last night when I was at work. 'Tis a nice surprise.

Nemesor Tyriks

Nemesor Tyriks

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,647 posts

Mine also came today. I only poked through the first one so far but there's not anything surprising in the fluff bits. There are crusade roster cards for the units though which is nice, I guess. It occurred to me that it feels kind of questionable to have advertised all the freebies that it turns out we can't get because they've canceled it for a year.

It's not "cancelled for a year", they did a limited trial run with the intent to roll it out later if the trial was a success. This is how Imperium, Mortal Realms and Conquest have all run in the UK for the past three years.
Subscriber gifts come with your deliveries once the collection launches in full.
What they advertised when I signed up was not a trial run, it was a subscription. The first indication it was not an ongoing subscription was the email they sent recently. Nowhere did it say it was a trial run. I would not have bothered to sign up if they had.
  • Master Commander Ajax and quasistellar like this

excelite

excelite

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 40 posts
This is still their normal procedure... they do not want folks to know that this is a trial since it would falsify the evaluation
  • Noserenda, beefeb and Halandaar like this

rookie40K

rookie40K

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 253 posts
I was at the hospital for the last 2 days for the birth of my daughter. I just returned home to find the Salamander & Imperial Fist Bandai action figures delivered and the first 2 issues of Imperium Premium. Everything is coming up Milhouse!

The magazines were damaged (bent up) pretty bad, but very cool coming with the models.

Edited by rookie40K, 24 April 2021 - 09:14 PM.

• Doghouse, Black_Knight, Dark Shepherd and 1 other like this

Black_Knight

Black_Knight

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,882 posts
  • Faction: AdMech, DW, IK, Blood Ravens

Congrats only a few years before you can build them with your daughter :D

gallery_48988_15465_45080.pnggallery_48988_15465_8206.pngETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_01.gif

Lord_Ikka

Lord_Ikka

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 573 posts
  • Faction: DA/Knights/Eldar/Inq

What they advertised when I signed up was not a trial run, it was a subscription. The first indication it was not an ongoing subscription was the email they sent recently. Nowhere did it say it was a trial run. I would not have bothered to sign up if they had.

Everyone signed up for a subscription, yes. Nowhere did they state when the subscription would start- the recent email saying that it would start (in the US) in early 2022 was the only time that Hachette actually gave a timeline. No one has not been charged (unless you managed to get in early and get the first two issues), so you are out of pocket no money. Everyone will get the subscriber gifts when the subscription starts. 

The trial run was for the 4-issue run that was done in the UK, not anything to do with the US subscription- unfortunately it looks like Hachette didn't change their email explanation from what was sent to the UK trial-run recipients for the US subscribers, which is where some confusion may come from. It looks like anyone in the US who got in early enough to get the first two issues was sent the email that talked about the "limited regional run" being over that was similar to what UK trial run participants got after their 4 issue run- at the same time those that subscribed but didn't get in early enough also got an email that mentioned the limited being over without being charged. My thoughts would be that someone at Hachette just copy-pasted the earlier UK email and changed it to say USA. Nothing shady, just a company that is most likely having to re-evaluate the amount of interest they got (way more than they thought) and didn't send out the best email they could to inform potential subscribers. 

Halandaar

Halandaar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,363 posts
  • Faction: Pretty much all of them!

Nowhere did it say it was a trial run. I would not have bothered to sign up if they had.

Which is sort of the point; they wouldn't have got accurate numbers if they'd advertised it being a trial and people like you had opted not to sign up.

Anyway, this is how Hachette operates and the only difference between the US and the UK trials is you got some product for signing up and we didn't (although obviously we also were not charged).
  • Dark Shepherd likes this

gallery_84244_11417_1545.gifgallery_84244_11417_3775.gifgallery_84244_11417_2850.gifgallery_84244_11417_880.gifgallery_84244_11417_1641.gifgallery_84244_11417_2552.gifgallery_84244_11417_215.png gallery_84244_11417_13317.jpg gallery_84244_11417_22884.png gallery_84244_16660_5008.jpg gallery_84244_11417_13552.pnggallery_84244_11417_4840.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users