Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Warhammer 40,000: Imperium Premium (Hachette)

• Please log in to reply
459 replies to this topic

mithrilforge

mithrilforge

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,452 posts
  • Faction: 40k - Orks & Deldar

One word... Australia.... dry.png  I'll never see this...  ( I'm actually surprised we were even allowed to get the App tongue.png )

Darn good luck to those in the UK that get to buy it though thumbsup.gif

Mithril

Well Australia did get Conquest: https://www.warhamme...g-to-australia/ So if this is actually a new series, it's likely you'll get this one too.

Doh let me guess it was GW store only... ermm.gif  I haven't been into a GW store in several years now...sweat.gif

Mithril

gallery_70393_10089_1851.png gallery_48988_6285_17537.pnggallery_6494_6331_8260.pnggallery_48988_15465_40221.png  gallery_48988_15465_18945.png

MajorNese-  In the grim darkness of the near future, there is only complaints. biggrin.png

WrathOfTheLion

WrathOfTheLion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,880 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels, WB & SW

Better than not at all biggrin.png

They must really want that tea back.

mithrilforge

mithrilforge

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,452 posts
  • Faction: 40k - Orks & Deldar

huh.png  HUH?...

Mithril

• Brother Adelard likes this

gallery_70393_10089_1851.png gallery_48988_6285_17537.pnggallery_6494_6331_8260.pnggallery_48988_15465_40221.png  gallery_48988_15465_18945.png

MajorNese-  In the grim darkness of the near future, there is only complaints. biggrin.png

beefeb

beefeb

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 340 posts

Well, I got both conquest and am in the process of getting mortal realms.  I had a couple of late deliveries in the middle of conquest when they were changing work premises, and a lost delivery which was more the royal mails fault than theirs and which was replaced at no cost.  When i contacted them, they did take a few days to get back to my message, but they did so and no hassles, so my experiences with them are positive...for what its worth.

If the series is books or pretty much anything non model, I'm not interested....i dont have space to collect books unfortunately, so all my reading is electronic, but if its more models based around the 9thEdition etb models then I'm a definite signup for this....fingers crossed. Thanks for the post OP!

• Axineton likes this

lhg033

lhg033

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,449 posts

I'm intrigued. 

I picked up a lot more of conquest than I'd originally planned to and have grabbed a fair share of Mortal realms stuff despite not playing/collecting AoS (pet projects/bits/test models/stuff for my kids to practice on etc)

If it is models then I will be interested and will probably end up picking up the odd 1... 10... most of them 

gallery_20758_7799_19457.jpggallery_21629_2989_32489.gif

Halandaar

Halandaar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,363 posts
  • Faction: Pretty much all of them!

It will certainly be interesting to see what's in it. Hopefully the leak will force GW's hand and we get a reveal soon. If it does end up being based on 9th Edition though, the prospect of getting that single sprue from Indomitus with the Judiciar, Chaplain, Ancient, 3 Bladeguard and 3 Eliminators on it for ~£8 is pretty tantalising.

• Sandlemad likes this

gallery_84244_11417_1545.gifgallery_84244_11417_3775.gifgallery_84244_11417_2850.gifgallery_84244_11417_880.gifgallery_84244_11417_1641.gifgallery_84244_11417_2552.gifgallery_84244_11417_215.png gallery_84244_11417_13317.jpg gallery_84244_11417_22884.png gallery_84244_16660_5008.jpg gallery_84244_11417_13552.pnggallery_84244_11417_4840.png

Axineton

Axineton

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,826 posts

Does anyone know when hatchette usually announces a new partworks? 

I’ve tried delving more into this release but there is actually nothing out there apart from this listing on hatchettes site and if you click the link it just takes you to a blank page. 

Jings

Jings

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 331 posts

Cheap scenery, Indomitus doubles without dealing with eBay scalpers and bargain bin Crons? Count me in. Won't be subscribing after the hassle of the first one though. Their incompetence has led to my credit rating taking a ding and I utterly refuse to deal directly with them again. 

Edited by Jings, 18 December 2020 - 09:41 AM.

Brother Adelard

Brother Adelard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,149 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

Does anyone know when hatchette usually announces a new partworks?

I’ve tried delving more into this release but there is actually nothing out there apart from this listing on hatchettes site and if you click the link it just takes you to a blank page.

Isn't it usually a new year thing? Trying to get on board with that new years resolution kinda thing.
  • Axineton likes this

O787td6.jpggallery_38474_6916_6036.jpg

Hfran Morkai

Hfran Morkai

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,580 posts
  • Faction: Space wolves
I'd be interested in scenery (Sector Imperialis/Mechanicus) and possibly (unlikely as it is given I'm sure it was in the previous one) Primaris Apothecary (I think there's only been the one sculpt, want the mechadandrites and gubbins for my 30K project).
QUOTE (A D-B @ Jan 10 2011, 12:45 PM)
THE CUSTODIANS AREN'T PSYCHIC OH MY GOD I HATE YOU MIKAL.

gallery_24878_5332_45982.jpg

Halandaar

Halandaar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,363 posts
  • Faction: Pretty much all of them!

Isn't it usually a new year thing? Trying to get on board with that new years resolution kinda thing.

Seems to vary; Conquest was announced towards the start of 2018 but didn't formally launch until August of that year. Mortal Realms however was announced in August 2019 but launched Jan 2020. 

EDIT - In both cases that was after successful "trial runs" of a small amount of issues being available in a small geographical area for a few weeks. I guess they might go straight to launch this time around given both Conquest and Mortal Realms have been very successful, but from what I gather these soft launches are pretty standard in the partworks industry.

Edited by Halandaar, 18 December 2020 - 10:37 AM.

gallery_84244_11417_1545.gifgallery_84244_11417_3775.gifgallery_84244_11417_2850.gifgallery_84244_11417_880.gifgallery_84244_11417_1641.gifgallery_84244_11417_2552.gifgallery_84244_11417_215.png gallery_84244_11417_13317.jpg gallery_84244_11417_22884.png gallery_84244_16660_5008.jpg gallery_84244_11417_13552.pnggallery_84244_11417_4840.png

RWJP

RWJP

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 510 posts
  • Faction: Storm Watch

One word... Australia.... dry.png  I'll never see this...  ( I'm actually surprised we were even allowed to get the App tongue.png )

Darn good luck to those in the UK that get to buy it though thumbsup.gif

Mithril

Well Australia did get Conquest: https://www.warhamme...g-to-australia/ So if this is actually a new series, it's likely you'll get this one too.

Doh let me guess it was GW store only... ermm.gif  I haven't been into a GW store in several years now...sweat.gif

Mithril

Nope, as with the subscriptions elsewhere in the world, it was available through newsagents/other retailers and GW stores initially for the first few issues, and then through direct subscription through Hachette or through newsagents and other retailers for the rest of the run.

Current Forces:

The Storm Watch - WIP Custom Space Marine Chapter

1st Atrian Rifles - WIP Astra Militarum Regiment

Ultramarines - Warhammer Conquest Subscription

Death Guard - Warhammer Conquest Subscription

WrathOfTheLion

WrathOfTheLion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,880 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels, WB & SW

huh.png  HUH?...

Mithril

We stole their tea and tossed it in the water a few hundred years back, and things haven't quite been the same since. And that is the story of why Conquest, etc. don't come to America.

• Arendious likes this

Leonaides

Leonaides

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,881 posts

huh.png  HUH?...

Mithril

We stole their tea and tossed it in the water a few hundred years back, and things haven't quite been the same since. And that is the story of why Conquest, etc. don't come to America.

Nahh - its still brewing. Should be just about steeped properly in another couple of hundred years then we'll come back for it ;)

• Firedrake Cordova, Lord Raven 19 and drogg like this

"most gamers (especially ones who frequent forums) are idiots of one form or another" Great Crusade 08

LPC 2009 LPC 2010  LPC 2011 LPC 2012 LPC 2013 ETL VII LPC 20 
gallery_19254_8784_1046.gifgallery_19254_8784_3201.gif gallery_19254_8784_3710.gifgallery_19254_8523_59626.jpggallery_48988_15465_15162.png

firestorm40k

firestorm40k

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,167 posts
  • Faction: Legion of Taurus
Something occurred to me - before they did Conquest's and Mortal Realms' full subscription release, a few months prior to that they did a 'trial run', releasing the first four issues of each. I wonder if this is what's happening with 'Imperium'? So it may be later in 2021 we get the full subscription.
  • Dark Shepherd likes this
My Chaos Marine project log, the (infamous!) Legion of Taurus: http://www.bolterand...arine-army-log/

Karhedron

Karhedron

++ RENASCITUR EX MORS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,640 posts
So, on the basis of no confirmation whatsoever, what units might we reasonably expect to see (assuming Imperium is models and not books)?

Most of the Marine and Necron units from Indomitus seem like a good bet.
The Primaris Techmarine might show up down the line a bit.
Firestrike servo turret
Invader ATV
Phobos ETB units

Was Lt Calsius a Conquest-exclusive model? The reason I ask is that there has been an image floating about of Cryptek that has not been released yet. I wonder if it might be an exclusive model to tempt people into the partworks.
  • Axineton likes this
Sanguinius stood up, stretching his wings to their full extent. He flexed his hands. "I need no blade".
It was as though Sanguinius gleamed with pale light, his face white, eyes becoming blood-red, surrounded by the golden crown of flowing hair. Guilliman had witnessed glimpses of of his brother's wrath before, but had never seen the true Blood Angel unleashed. Sanguinius surged forward on alabaster wings, half a meter from the floor, whiteness streaming from him like flames.

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,874 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines
Could throw in another Repulsor, Gladiator also.

-~Ishagu~-

Karhedron

Karhedron

++ RENASCITUR EX MORS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,640 posts

Could throw in another Repulsor, Gladiator also.

Spread across a couple of issues, I could see that as a definite possibility.
Sanguinius stood up, stretching his wings to their full extent. He flexed his hands. "I need no blade".
It was as though Sanguinius gleamed with pale light, his face white, eyes becoming blood-red, surrounded by the golden crown of flowing hair. Guilliman had witnessed glimpses of of his brother's wrath before, but had never seen the true Blood Angel unleashed. Sanguinius surged forward on alabaster wings, half a meter from the floor, whiteness streaming from him like flames.

Axineton

Axineton

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,826 posts

So, on the basis of no confirmation whatsoever, what units might we reasonably expect to see (assuming Imperium is models and not books)?

Firestrike servo turret
Invader ATV
Phobos ETB units

Was Lt Calsius a Conquest-exclusive model? The reason I ask is that there has been an image floating about of Cryptek that has not been released yet. I wonder if it might be an exclusive model to tempt people into the partworks.

Cassius was exclusive to conquest magazine mate. 

Sandlemad

Sandlemad

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,340 posts

Firestrike servo turret
Invader ATV
Phobos ETB units

The cryptek seems plausible, they've done that sort of thing before.

ETB Necron stuff seems guaranteed: the heavy destroyer and the canoptek doomstalker. Probably a fair bit of the plastic necron range really, we know they have no problem breaking up larger kits over two issues.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see some of the generic plastic terrain reappear. Same for a lot of the primaris releases that featured in Conquest, no reason they couldn't draw on them again.

Those two big Indomitus-exclusive sprues are going to be the gems of this, assuming they fit in. The marine one with the chaplain/judicar/ancient/bladeguard x3/eradicators x3 has been mentioned but that necron one... skorpekh lord/cryptek/bin-chickens x2/royal warden/canoptek reanimator, yes please.

Edited by Sandlemad, 18 December 2020 - 02:25 PM.

Axineton

Axineton

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,826 posts

How are you getting it’s going to be indomitus stuff and necrons from my picture Sandlemad? Your hyping yourself up to disappointment I think mate. I suggest just waiting until it’s announced to see what it is and what the contents will be. For all we know it could be imperium themed knitting patterns.

• firestorm40k likes this

Sandlemad

Sandlemad

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,340 posts

How are you getting it’s going to be indomitus stuff and necrons from my picture Sandlemad? Your hyping yourself up to disappointment I think mate. I suggest just waiting until it’s announced to see what it is and what the contents will be. For all we know it could be imperium themed knitting patterns.

On the basis of the last two highly successful GW collaborations with Hachette Partworks doing exactly the same thing with the contents of Soul Wars and Dark Imperium. GW likes to reuse ETB/starter set kits for magazine/promos/board games and even when those two were announced folks made pretty accurate predictions. If it is a miniature-based intro magazine like the previous two - which doesn't seem unlikely given that we're in a new edition - this is probably the model it'll follow.

No, we don't know exactly what it'll be but we know how Hachette does things. I don't think this is hyping things up, it's not a guarantee but it's a pretty reasonable inference. If it turns out not to be the case, so be it, I won't be disappointed. If it does, great, affordable minis.

Edited by Sandlemad, 18 December 2020 - 03:45 PM.

• Felix Antipodes and Axineton like this

Karhedron

Karhedron

++ RENASCITUR EX MORS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,640 posts

No idea at all. I was simply indulging in some entertaining speculation.
  • Axineton likes this

Vassakov

Vassakov

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,113 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves

I suppose the only caveat I would attach is that "Warhammer 40,000: Imperium Premium" is not what I would have come up with for a Conquest sequel. It sounds more like some other type of product - though I can't for the life of me think what. 

• firestorm40k likes this
The darks greatest gift is the light itself: as days are defined by the nights that divide them, as stars are defined by the infinite dark through which they wheel, the dark embraces the light, and brings forth from the center of itself. With each victory of the light, it is the dark that wins.

The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.

Karhedron

Karhedron

++ RENASCITUR EX MORS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,640 posts
Hopefully we will find out soon in the new year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users