=] 12 Months of Hobby Challenge 2021 [=

Grotsmasha

I, andes, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of January pledge to complete a Primaris Techmarine by month's end.

Brothers, I declare this vow complete!

http://i.imgur.com/xji6FFnl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/lyx4RLZl.jpg

I absolutely love this mate! Can’t wait till they’re back in stock so I can buy one.

I, LameBeard, accept the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge and vow to paint by month's end one terminator suitable for 1st edition Space Hulk

med_gallery_93054_12142_118636.jpg

I painted one of these about 30 years ago! Probably one of my first metal models. This is an atttempted ebay rescue but unfortunately a lot of the detail is lost for ever. Maybe it was the last run before they retired the mould, maybe it is even a recast. So I think it needs a darkish colour scheme. Perhaps @Grotsmasha would like to give me a D6 randomizer:

1. Dark Angels (pre-Deathwing black)

2. Flesh Tearers

3. Space Wolf (darker grey heresyish flavour)

4. Crimson Fist

5. Minotaurs

6. Grot chooses a chapter he feels doesn't get enough love

Well brothers, I have to admit to getting a pretty mighty haul of goodies at Christmas. :happy.:
Which means in practice, the Pile of Shame has, in fact, grown into a Mountain. One that can only be eroded by diligent work - and so duty calls once more.

I, Ace Debonair, hereby embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge! For the month of January, I pledge to complete One (1) Assault Intercessor of the White Hawks Chapter by month's end!

gallery_46204_9220_249257.jpg

I last actually painted a White Hawk in 2018. It's been three years. Three years since I painted a White Hawk! :eek:

Well, it's time to remedy that. I've learned a lot about painting in the last few years, so let's see how much knowledge I can apply to the sons of Talhon.

Glory awaits - Let the Hawks fly! :biggrin.:

I, Gederas,  hereby embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge! For the month of January, I pledge to complete 2 Cerastus Knight Lancers and 6 Questoris Knights of House Taranis (Adeptus Titanicus) by month's end!

v9DbRML.jpg

LET'S GET THIS YEAR GOING RIGHT!

Gonna try to paint all the models I have before getting new ones (for that type)

Gonna try to paint all the models I have before getting new ones (for that type)

I think this could be 30 years of me making and breaking that New Year’s resolution!

Great vow, brother.

I mean, I'm in a good place right now. My Dark Angels and Emperor's Spears (need to paint) have no models I care to buy or order, and my House Orhlacc is just nine models. The Titanicus stuff is the main concern for me right now.

But yeah, we all have that New Year's resolution :lol:

Edited by Gederas

I, LameBeard, accept the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge and vow to paint by month's end one terminator suitable for 1st edition Space Hulk

med_gallery_93054_12142_118636.jpg

I painted one of these about 30 years ago! Probably one of my first metal models. This is an atttempted ebay rescue but unfortunately a lot of the detail is lost for ever. Maybe it was the last run before they retired the mould, maybe it is even a recast. So I think it needs a darkish colour scheme. Perhaps @Grotsmasha would like to give me a D6 randomizer:

1. Dark Angels (pre-Deathwing black)

2. Flesh Tearers

3. Space Wolf (darker grey heresyish flavour)

4. Crimson Fist

5. Minotaurs

6. Grot chooses a chapter he feels doesn't get enough love

The dice have decided.....that I decide.....I'm going to choose the Scythes of the Emperor, a predominantly dark scheme, with yellow, inspired by that little bit of left over yellow I see on the model :tu:

The dice have decided.....that I decide.....I'm going to choose the Scythes of the Emperor, a predominantly dark scheme, with yellow, inspired by that little bit of left over yellow I see on the model :tu:

Let it be so!

(Goes away to look up colour scheme)

I, Cleon, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of January pledge to complete a bolter Aggressor squad by month's end.

Done:

Baggressors

I did however notice a small spill of gold from the skull of the Sgt's helmet - fixed but I didn't re-take the pictures...

Also add an Imperial Knight Catellan as my slow burn

IKC

Also, quick question Grot:

Can I vow the weapons for the Legio Titanicus models I have for next month? It's a large amount of them (basically the contents of the Grandmaster Edition and Starter box, and two of the Sunfury sprues) and I feel this is a good way for me to get through them all

Edited by Gederas

Can I vow the weapons for the Legio Titanicus models I have for next month? It's a large amount of them (basically the contents of the Grandmaster Edition and Starter box, and two of the Sunfury sprues) and I feel this is a good way for me to get through them all

Go for it :tu:

Go for it :thumbsup:

Perfect! I'll either vow them for next month (unlikely) or add them to my vow for this month (more likely) :lol:

So much good stuff already. That primaris tech-marine looks great, and I'm intrigued by the emo-necron, Miek - what's the story there?

Here's my own completion:

captain johannes

captain johannes detail

Captain Johannes of the Gorgons' 4th company. The purity shoulder was a late addition after I didn't like how the original pad turned out, and All I could find in the bits box to fit the curve was a bunch of seals. But I like how it turned out, so it's all good in the end. And almost got him renamed Galahad.

Lamebeard - you give me far too much credit for having thought things through properly. I'd completely forgotten about the Chaos attack on the library, for starters. My plan is, sadly, a little more generic - have sufficient terminators (of my own chapter) to cover all of the possible weapon loadouts a Hulk mission might require, and have sufficient genestealers and hybrids to cover the Genestealer expansion too. And the Grey Knights are a treat to myself because I've always wanted to just rip through a mission with guns and psychics blazing... 

So much good stuff already. That primaris tech-marine looks great, and I'm intrigued by the emo-necron, Miek - what's the story there?

Haha, yeah she is pretty emo.. basically my dynasty is based on Tsutomu Nihei's Blame manga and my phaerakh Sanakhan is based on Sanakan in the manga:

gallery_225534_16735_8411.jpeg

There's more info including my lore in the Tohakh dynasty's thread (see link in my signature). I'm not 100% satisfied with how her head turned out but it's magnetized so I might change it later.

Edit: Fun fact: I've printed about 30 heads to find the right one. The previous one was qualified as being too "Karen" for most; I had to agree (couldn't unsee it). This one is from a 2B model without the "mask" over her eyes.

Edited by Miek

Edit: Fun fact: I've printed about 30 heads to find the right one. The previous one was qualified as being too "Karen" for most; I had to agree (couldn't unsee it). This one is from a 2B model without the "mask" over her eyes.

Ah, a person who appreciates art and culture- REAL CULTURE, not the nonsense seen on Twitter!

Ah, a person who appreciates art and culture- REAL CULTURE, not the nonsense seen on Twitter!
Had to:

gallery_225534_16735_25563.jpg
Edited by Miek

I'd completely forgotten about the Chaos attack on the library, for starters. My plan is a little more generic - have sufficient terminators (of my own chapter) to cover all of the possible weapon loadouts a Hulk mission might require, and have sufficient genestealers and hybrids to cover the Genestealer expansion too. And the Grey Knights are a treat to myself because I've always wanted to just rip through a mission with guns and psychics blazing...

This is a great plan and I’m so impressed you are nearly there.

I was thinking of *starting* something similar but I’m finding just the one metal terminator a bit difficult. I mean it’s fun, but I just know the cast / damage over the years mean it won’t be what it could have been ...

And if you are tempted to do those 15 Death Guard terminators - post pics!

Vow complete!

https://flic.kr/p/2krWuLR

And while I'm here, I'll go ahead and make a plodding along vow!!

I, The_Chaplain, vow to complete the following models before December 31st, 2021 in allegiance to the Xenos faction:

50 necron warriors

5 lychguard

5 gauss immortals

5 triarch praetorians

6 skorpekh destroyers

1 skorpekh lord

2 overlords

1 royal warden

1 technomancer

1 plasmancer with 2 crypto thralls

3 ophydian destroyers

3 canoptek wraiths