Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[AT] Loyalist Legios

• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

Lord Marshal

Lord Marshal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,919 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Guard

Do we know if the Battleforce will be limited?

gallery_30308_9518_1272.jpggallery_30308_9518_1551.pngsml_gallery_48988_16308_9366.png

Noserenda

Noserenda

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,511 posts
  • Faction: Scythes of the Emperor

It seems unlikely, but then given the GW production v demand  problems at the mo i would jump on it if you want it. :/ 

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,888 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment
If you buy 3 of the battle forces you can build every maniple in the game except the one with 4 warlords. That’s not a bad way to start.

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

SkimaskMohawk

SkimaskMohawk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,220 posts
  • Faction: Raven Guard and VIII Legion

If you buy 3 of the battle forces you can build every maniple in the game except the one with 4 warlords. That’s not a bad way to start.

Lol that's a little over the top "to start" with. One battle force is more than enough to start; you get the equivalent of a 2000 point 40k army in one shot.
  • Firedrake Cordova and fire golem like this

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,888 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment
I meant from the angle of the product line. You can buy in individual specific Titans, or buy multiple battle boxes over time and if you do the latter you open up multiple maniples. I got two starter sets and was able to use a warhound maniple I hadn’t planned on and that was really nifty.

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

InKaras

InKaras

++AQUILA CÆRULEUS++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,080 posts

Really tempted to enter AT. I don't know if anyone in my area actually plays it. I guess that doesn't matter right now as no one around me is even open for play. Very cool looking and it's tempting. I never know which legion I would want to paint

• Noserenda likes this
April 14th / 2010 A New Kidney for me, yeay!

Captain Taelos

Captain Taelos

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 178 posts
I appreciate that not every area will have players, but I've been playing GW games for more than 25 years now and I honestly think that Titanicus is the best game they've ever done. The models are absolutely brilliant as well, great fun to paint and model. It's highly recommended.
  • InKaras, Noserenda, Master Commander Ajax and 8 others like this

InKaras

InKaras

++AQUILA CÆRULEUS++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,080 posts

Is AT played like 40k and KT in a tournament setting at all?

clanfield

clanfield

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,144 posts
  • Faction: ironhands clan khargul

yes it is and its probably the best rule set gw have produced in years check out the face book groups great comunity

• InKaras and GalaxyChief like this

InKaras

InKaras

++AQUILA CÆRULEUS++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,080 posts

I refused to use facebook but I appreciate it, thank you

yes it is and its probably the best rule set gw have produced in years check out the face book groups great comunity

DanPesci

DanPesci

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,237 posts
  • Faction: Adeptus Mechanicus

Really tempted to enter AT. I don't know if anyone in my area actually plays it. I guess that doesn't matter right now as no one around me is even open for play. Very cool looking and it's tempting. I never know which legion I would want to paint

I got into it this year during lockdown as had finished my admech and wanted something new to paint.

The models are awesome and a joy to build/paint, Ive only managed to play 1 game so far but was great fun/easy to pick up the basics. Boy does it make you wish they had an alternate activation ruleset for 40k though rolleyesclean.gif

May well pick the new book up, ive so far only got the rulebook, and wont be playing any campaigns anytime soon, so cool to have all the legios in one place (and i play loyalist already).

The maniple is awesome but ive just finished 2 reavers, 4 warhounds and 6 knights, so just bad timing on my part for that one haha.

The new titan is a BIG LAD. Was going to be adding a Wallord to my collection this week but now not sure I should wait out for this fella instead. Mental amount of guns (although also, are those anti air weapons on the carapace?)

Edited by DanPesci, 05 April 2021 - 08:36 AM.

• InKaras likes this
Posted Image

30Geek - Freelance web development & Digital Design

DVNE - Post-Metal straight out of the eye of terror.

Redcomet

Redcomet

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 581 posts

The other boxes with savings for Titanicus have been limited so I fully expect this one to be too.

SkimaskMohawk

SkimaskMohawk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,220 posts

The game is incredibly fun and heavily rewards good strategy and tactics as opposed to 40k. So as a wargame it's a great set of rules. But from a technical writing perspective, the rules are a mess and basically operate on the hope players will make assumptions; 9th is a much better written set of rules in comparison.
  • InKaras likes this

Redcomet

Redcomet

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 581 posts

The game is incredibly fun and heavily rewards good strategy and tactics as opposed to 40k. So as a wargame it's a great set of rules. But from a technical writing perspective, the rules are a mess and basically operate on the hope players will make assumptions; 9th is a much better written set of rules in comparison.

That was my takeaway too. The rulebook could use the touch of a good editior and second writer.

Black_Knight

Black_Knight

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,879 posts
  • Faction: AdMech, DW, IK, Blood Ravens

There are too many Genestealers in this thread, anyone who said the models are a joy to build are correct but we all know you need a third hand for those legs... omg the posing of the legs!

• Firedrake Cordova likes this

gallery_48988_15465_45080.pnggallery_48988_15465_8206.pngETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_01.gif

Redcomet

Redcomet

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 581 posts

There are too many Genestealers in this thread, anyone who said the models are a joy to build are correct but we all know you need a third hand for those legs... omg the posing of the legs!

I bungled my first Warlord. Posed the legs in such a way that I couldn’t get the front armor panels on

Black_Knight

Black_Knight

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,879 posts

Did the same on my Reiver but I was lucky enough to be able to sand just enough off to fit them on.

Note to everyone, when you are going for the crush the building pose, test it with the panels on...

• Redcomet likes this

gallery_48988_15465_45080.pnggallery_48988_15465_8206.pngETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_01.gif

fire golem

fire golem

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,061 posts
  • Faction: XVth Legion, Loyal Siege force

I bungled my first Warlord. Posed the legs in such a way that I couldn’t get the front armor panels on

My Warlord is in a fairly conservative slightly stepping forward pose, and the back leg armour panels just fit. It definitely seems quite easy to go a bit far on posing and the armour not fit properly. 

I don’t really agree with them being a joy to paint either but I don’t enjoy painting in general :P great models though!

• Black_Knight likes this

Brother Adelard

Brother Adelard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,130 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

Did the same on my Reiver but I was lucky enough to be able to sand just enough off to fit them on.

Note to everyone, when you are going for the crush the building pose, test it with the panels on...

The worst bit is having to wait until everything is painted to be absolutely sure it's all going to fit. You can blu-tac the panels in place all you like, but it's never the same as the final build.
I have a rather dynamically posed Reaver on the table right now, which I have dry fitted to death, purposefully built wrong in places to make space and rebuilt the foot. But I still don't know it will all work until the very end...

The adrenaline man.
  • fire golem and Black_Knight like this

O787td6.jpggallery_38474_6916_6036.jpg

Redcomet

Redcomet

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 581 posts
The Warmaster is quite the beast. Looking forward to painting it.

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,969 posts

Price confirmation, book is 50, Warmaster is 160, Battleforce is 185 (USD)

e9c230f0a6253fc7b08b879100abaf9b.jpg

Edited by Gederas, 05 April 2021 - 04:03 PM.

SkimaskMohawk

SkimaskMohawk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,220 posts
What currency is that? I'm assuming usd?

Brother Adelard

Brother Adelard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,130 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

I certainly hope so!

O787td6.jpggallery_38474_6916_6036.jpg

Spinsanity

Spinsanity

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 915 posts
Looks to be USD, 9$ is the price of the Dwarf in the US...

Black_Knight

Black_Knight

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,879 posts

Five Titans for 185 or one for 160... Urm the ****?

Actually I am glad it looks like it wont go above £100 which makes me cry inside.

Edited by Black_Knight, 05 April 2021 - 04:19 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users