Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Alpharius

• Please log in to reply
196 replies to this topic

Knockagh

Knockagh

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,360 posts
I’m reading this, far too slowly as I’m not getting reading time at the moment but it’s brilliant so far. This series has largely been a massive let down bar three or four exceptions and so far this is one of the exceptions
  • Kelborn likes this

b1soul

b1soul

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,461 posts
Falsehoods were first mentioned in Blood Games by Abnett IIRC

Custodes used the tech to infiltrate Hy-Brasil

Lucerne

Lucerne

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,298 posts

...Wasn't the whole point of the Dorn and Alpharius guessing game that Dorn accurately guessed based on Alpharius's personality?

• Sons of Horus, DarkChaplain and StrangerOrders like this

https://twitter.com/...318432949927938

"The Alpha Legion has- in spirit if not in body- remained much the same since its creation."

"Agents of stealth and misrule they may be, but when the Alpha Legion unleash their martial might, worlds shake at their tread."

StrangerOrders

StrangerOrders

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 799 posts
  • Faction: 40k: CW, SW, BA. 30k: EC, TS

...Wasn't the whole point of the Dorn and Alpharius guessing game that Dorn accurately guessed based on Alpharius's personality?

Spoiler

• mc warhammer, Noserenda, Ramell and 11 others like this

Have a lovely daybiggrin.png

mc warhammer

mc warhammer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,719 posts
that sounds great to me

It always amused me that the GW Mail Order ‘Trolls’ as we (starting with me) had always styled ourselves insisted as being rebranded ‘Space Marines’. Why anyone would want to be associated with semi-lobotomized, hypnotically indoctrinated slave-soldiers in thrall to an uncaring (and possibly non-existent) god I couldn’t imagine. - Rick Priestley

Lucerne

Lucerne

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,298 posts

Do we get anything more about Legion internal culture or commentary from non-Alpharius legionaires?

"The Alpha Legion has- in spirit if not in body- remained much the same since its creation."

"Agents of stealth and misrule they may be, but when the Alpha Legion unleash their martial might, worlds shake at their tread."

StrangerOrders

StrangerOrders

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 799 posts

Do we get anything more about Legion internal culture or commentary from non-Alpharius legionaires?

Spoiler

• mc warhammer, Sandlemad, Noserenda and 11 others like this

Kelborn

Kelborn

++ LECTOR HOSPITIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 5,313 posts
  • Faction: Do bookmarks count?
I start to regret not getting the LE.

Nonetheless, THIS is a must-read, even if I'm not that into Warhammer these days.

Thank you, guys, for sharing your thoughts. :tu:
  • Mechanicus Tech-Support likes this

Lost Legion, the Predators                                                     Liber Astartes Swap Challenge 2019   

tn_gallery_87379_12273_68539.jpg gallery_26154_15777_13780.png 

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

This is my mod voice. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My mod voice is a means to an end.

Let us avoid it, alright?

Preliminary Bombardment

Preliminary Bombardment

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 233 posts
Spoiler

• Cerbero666, Lucerne and Taliesin like this

Lucerne

Lucerne

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,298 posts

Honestly now we just need a "so what were they doing during and after the Heresy" to finish their arc.

• Noserenda likes this

Sviox

Sviox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 340 posts

Still waiting for my copy. According to customer service it has not even shipped yet censored.gif

StrangerOrders

StrangerOrders

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 799 posts

Spoiler

Anyhow:

8 Twins/10 Shards of the Pale Plot Device. (9.5/10 for the first 60%)

• nusphigor, Kelborn and Roomsky like this

Moonreaper666

Moonreaper666

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 608 posts
Spoiler

Will all the information that we know which side benefitted the most from the AL during the Heresy?

Is it possible that despite the intention of the Twins their entire Legion has fallen to Chaos post-Heresy because without their two leaders the AL joined Chaos to give them a purpose?

aa.logan

aa.logan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 585 posts
  • Faction: Kartash’s pious stink
So I woke up this morning with the question of whether
Spoiler
rattling round my head. Which fits the everything is a lie angle of the AL and is pretty nifty.
  • Arendious likes this

Crix

Crix

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 326 posts
All of A’s talk has me almost convinced he is actually lying and is blowing smoke up all our rears because of legitimate hubris. And I don’t think anything in the book can contradict that sentiment haha.

Carach

Carach

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 317 posts

when is this supposed to be up for wider release? Is there a date set? 

Aramis K

Aramis K

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 653 posts
  • Faction: Ω XX Ω
I really dislike these staggered releases.

That said, I'd love it if the limited edition had subtle differences to the full release. Just a few details changing to make the truth even further out of reach. That would seem properly XX.
I'm on Instagram as Aramis_esq

Mentor Legion, Deathwatch, and bastard geneseed log
"Officially, they were designated the Unnumbered Sons of the Primarchs, but they called themselves the Greyshields. They were the new sons of old science, and they had no fraternity but their own."

My Heresy Alpha Legion log - XX in progress

Knockagh

Knockagh

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,360 posts
Finished this at last. Firstly I didn’t get to give this anywhere near the attention it deserved, and I certainly needs a reread but that said it’s a throughly enjoyable read. As I’ve said before I’ve found this series incredibly disappointing there have been very few really good books in here but this is definitely one of them. This was always going to be a difficult task, the twins were going to be tough to write and keep the mystique. Loved it all. Well except the fighting but at the end, hard to think of the aliens kicking primarch ass like that. But ignoring that and I do need to reread it so I might have missed something, it’s a fabulous book.
  • Lucerne and Ingo Pech like this

Taliesin

Taliesin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,360 posts

Amazon is now listing the regular hardcover for April, looks like that comes out mid April from BL.

Sviox

Sviox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 340 posts

Anyone else still waiting for your copy?

MegaVolt87

MegaVolt87

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,015 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors

I would really like to know more on why Alpharius/ Omegon insisted on being James Bond/ Agent 47 in secret missions when in the majority of times they did this, someone else in the legion could have achieved the same ends. That always kinda conflicted with their "hard mode" style of warfare in my mind by doing that themselves personally. I was always under the impression "the plan" was more important than who executes it for the AL. What's the point of boosting that ego if most people won't know/ or find out about it? I hope the reasoning is more complex than primarch cope. 

• aa.logan likes this
gallery_154982_15362_23624.jpg

My Iron Warriors Project   Guns for the guns god!, Bullets for the Brass throne!

aa.logan

aa.logan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 585 posts
  • Faction: Kartash’s pious stink
All the Primarchs are far more involved in frontline action than really makes sense, but this book establishes the fact that Alpharius
Spoiler

Scribe

Scribe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,147 posts
  • Faction: Khorne
Read the spoilers. I enjoy that everything AL is a mess. :D
Q:  Is there room for hope in the grim dark future of Warhammer 40,000?
A:  I do hope not because then it won't be the 40k universe anymore.
- Dan Abnett -

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

GAZ_AV_NZ

GAZ_AV_NZ

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 162 posts
  • Faction: Various
For those of you trashing the author I suggest you read the book
Best Primarch book written
It would appear he's read and likely talked to Dan Abnett about his take as it feels linked in completely

Spoiler comment also contains spoiler from Alpharius

Spoiler

Well done Dan

Edited by Kelborn, 02 April 2021 - 03:12 PM.

Darkwrath121

Darkwrath121

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 477 posts

For those of you trashing the author I suggest you read the book
Best Primarch book written
It would appear he's read and likely talked to Dan Abnett about his take as it feels linked in completely

Spoiler comment also contains spoiler from Alpharius

Please use [**spoiler**] TEXT [**/spoiler**] to hide those spoilers. Removing the asterisks

Edited by Darkwrath121, 01 April 2021 - 07:52 PM.

• Brother Lunkhead, DarkChaplain, Kelborn and 2 others like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users