I am trynna get a unit of each type available included, so there will be one armed with assault weapons, one with lasguns and one with bolters. Heres a pic of one with a lasgun. 

Preview-Image-Of-Wargames-Atlantic-Space

The lasguns are a bit on the small side, thats fine but boltguns will look massive on these, unless I try find some RTB01 bolters from somewhere. Ill figure something out anyway. 

I have settled on the green and red, now I have that issue out the way I have now got to figure out what design I want to use for my Brotherhood banner. 

Would Sisters of Silence boltguns be an alternative and smaller option ? 

I did not think of that. Tbh I keep forgetting they are a thing because I never see them out in the wild. 

The red and green makes them look like holly bushes, now I have seen it I cant unsee it. Still, I have made up my mind and theres no going back now. 

I have got the greens, reds and silver down on the Warlord and two Hearthguard so far, just need to do the flesh, gloves, belts and pouches etc and the first 3 minis are finished. 

have you considered making the normal las guns into carbines.  just cut the barrels off of the normal lasguns, then just glue the "compensator" lens on the end where you cut the barrel off.  I like to hollow out that little bit on the top of the upper receiver then add a bit of plasticard over it. so it looks like a carry handle.  Almost like a German G36 rifle. ....hope all that made sense. 

Yeah that made sense. Tbh I have not thought about the weapons since I thought the colour scheme makes them look like christmas decorations. May as well just go with it and add snow to the bases as well.

Turns out the normal Marine bolters dont look too bad on the Einherjar. I got three bolter boys done and converted a heavy stubber from the body of  the Einherjar flamer and the barrel from the WGA WW1 German machine gun. Also built and got the basecoats down on the Khorne Squat lord and started on the first Khornate Hearthguard. Ill add pictures later when I get in. 

The red and green makes them look like holly bushes, now I have seen it I cant unsee it. Still, I have made up my mind and theres no going back now. 

I have got the greens, reds and silver down on the Warlord and two Hearthguard so far, just need to do the flesh, gloves, belts and pouches etc and the first 3 minis are finished.

Alot of good paint schemes are wasted by christmas comparisons for me (red gold, red green etc.) best bet is remind yourself about other real world examples (like type in red green insignia in google images)

Also pictures please!

Yeah I keep meaning to post pictures but when I remember the lighting is crap and they never work out. Ill have another go later when I charge my phone.

I got the bolter squad built, the current bolters did seem a tad too big at first until I remembered the size of the weapons GW gives things these days, and slightly out of scale weapons does remind me of my 1st ed days and the purpose of this army is to try and bring back some of the shine of the hobby I once had so meh, it may look goofy but I have a squad of Squats with bolters, and they kill things good. :D 

In other news I did come across some pretty good bikes and Eggbots (both normal and Chaos). Cant remember where I saw the Eggbots so Ill have to go looking again but these are the bikes I have my eye on. 

https://shop.ramshacklegames.co.uk/50-pick-and-mix-dwarf-bikers

plant-blank.jpg

I may purchase a singular model this week just to see how they look and scale with the Einherjar, and they are priced low enough that I can run a minimum sized Squat biker army without spending the rest of my life eating trash (again like the foot Squats this is a Lord, 4 Hearthguard and 3 units of 8 bikers). 

med_gallery_75911_16900_313313.jpg

med_gallery_75911_16900_365781.jpg

med_gallery_75911_16900_304102.jpg

med_gallery_75911_16900_948045.jpg

Warlord and Hearthguard.

med_gallery_75911_16900_26282.jpg

Bolter squad.

med_gallery_75911_16900_127623.jpg

Close up to see how the bolter looks on such a smol dude.

med_gallery_75911_16900_285210.jpg

Engineer, first two chaps from my assault squad and a battered old Rhino.

med_gallery_75911_16900_69773.jpgmed_gallery_75911_16900_209613.jpg

Khorne Warlord and the first of the Hearthguard.

Good lord that bolter is huge, i agree you are probably going to want to downsize to SoS or battle sister bolters, or older-gen SM bolters, which have the styling you want anyways. Hard to see how the CC weapons stack up, but i like the old chaos warrior bits on the khornate warlord.

The chainswords are Cadian sgt ones, still look kinda long but hey, this is Warhammer. If I start questioning why a Dwarf cant carry a huge ass sword then I have to question a lot more about this game :lol: The bolt pistols are a bit shorter than the lasguns the Einherjar come with. 

I have found a few more bits to bling up the Khorne Lord, and I have even found the Hero Quest Gargoyle head that I wanna try use as well, I may use it as some form of brass decoration on the banner pole. 

Naturally, I was hoping for countless original monopose plastics when I opened the thread... but this is exciting! :wink:

Will be following with interest!

If I  had the cash I would be all over the old Squats, and Orks. They are the only plastic kits I never got as a kid. I am eyeing up some sculpts that look like the old plastics, I think they were sculpted by our very own Inso, I may do a second Brotherhood using just his stuff for 2nd ed. 1st ed Squats were able to carry bolters but their heavy weapons were restricted to all heavy bolters and one other heavy weapon, 2nd ed Squats cant use bolters but were able to mix heavies. 

Hope those bikes are the right scale for you- they look great!

Just took the plunge and ordered these. The biker is to see the scale compared to the WGA Einherjar, the ninja looking Gandalf will be on foot. If they scale well with my army and the casts are good Ill be ordering a squad next time I get paid, I usually spend more than that on takeaway so Ill ditch the pizza for once and get something to show for my money other than high cholesterol and a dodgy stomach. 

barclay.jpgbattle-mage.jpg

Found the Exo Armour Eggbot minis again.

https://www.wereweevilminiatures.com/shop

Just check out this beaut!!!

150739602_145352770741821_69274665864935

They have Eggbots for all the Chaos Gods and Imperial ones, the bikers look a bit cheesy (seen better looking bikes in kinder surprise eggs ngl) but a lot of the stuff I am really vibing with.

Edited by Slave to Darkness

After a good old think I have decided to switch Gods for the Stealer Cult from Slaanesh to Nurgle. I already have Slaaneshi Marines and Daemons for 40k and a Gang for Necromunda and fancied a change, and because I have a ton of bits that need using up.

Another Idea I'm contemplating as well.
med_gallery_75911_16900_130056.png

One of your bikes has an Ancestor! That is freakin cool!

I don't remember all the squat rules, but Ancestors were my favourite part of the list- ESPECIALLY the ones on Trikes! They are why I want GW to revisit Squats- I would LOVE to Crusade until one of my squad leaders grew to Ancestor status; I'd love to just kit one of those out with Warlord traits and Relics and upgrade strats- so many possibilities...

Looking so forward to seeing more.  

Bolter squad.

med_gallery_75911_16900_499116.jpg

Assault suad.

med_gallery_75911_16900_327690.jpg

Heavy support squad.

med_gallery_75911_16900_590172.jpg

Group shot.

med_gallery_75911_16900_463166.jpg

Deviated from my initial list a bit due to what stuff I had laying about. Thought I needed some bigger guns so made some heavy weapon guys instead of the lasgun squad, I still need to add two more Squats to that unit but that will have to wait until I buy another box of Einherjar.

Next week I am going to order a couple more Einherjar sprues, I need two more Squats for the heavy weapon squad, and I need 4 crew for the Rapiers/Tarantulas that I will be making from the Les Grognard hvy wpn sprues. May take the plunge and get a squad of bikes as well.  :) Then Ill have some decent firepower in my backline and Ill squeeze some meltas into the bikes for some cheeky anti tank firepower as well. 

As most of my 1st ed stuff will end up as batreps here, what would people wanna see first, Squats vs Orks or Squats vs Eldar?