Now I need to figure out if I am using all the extra rules from the Vehicle Manual and Battle Manual of if I am just using the core rules and the WD armylists. Pre Vehicle manual Rhinos cost 370points, after they cost 25 :laugh.:... 

I think to ease myself into it I may start with the core rules and no other additional stuff just until I wrap my head around these rules again. So for starters I may refight the Battle for the Farm and some of the scenarios from the first chapter approved book. 

Seems like Eldar will be facing the Squats first then. :biggrin.:

Also downloaded the Warhammer Siege book, oh Im gonna have so much fun playing Rogue Trader :wub: You guys can keep your 9th ed power creep less bloat = more books stratagem reliant mess of a system. Ill keep this clunk pieca crap. 

Edited by Slave to Darkness

Either would be amazing. I don’t remember the earliest Eldar army list, but the Ork army list in White Dwarf 123 still had some random tables for things like kustom weapons, adds a nice extra dimension.

Just about to roll up my Khorne Ork Freebooter mob, hopefully I roll up some good dakka!!!!

Now I need to figure out if I am using all the extra rules from the Vehicle Manual and Battle Manual of if I am just using the core rules and the WD armylists.

Might be best to skip the vehicle manual for now, unless you still have one of those plastic targeting sheets hanging around. Weren’t they bonkers?

I was gonna print the plastic targeting grid out on paper then put a sheet of plastic over the top and mark it out with sharpie. Only thing I lack is a printer or access to one due to the nearby library being closed. :sad.: I might just buy myself a cheap ass printer as I am also gonna papercraft the old Rhinos and Landraiders. The vehicle targeting back in the day was a bit silly, luckily when I was a kid we couldnt afford many vehicles so we didnt have to worry about the madness, you would be lucky if you saw a Rhino on the tabletop, another reason why Im gonna build a fleet of cardboard tanks. :biggrin.: Oh so many Spartans, Vindicators and Whirlwinds with square base launchers... 

RTB01 will be expensive!

I have a mate who still has some on the sprue. I just need to butter him up enough to part with them. But for the ones I am painting atm are newer sculpts to see if I can still freehand flames. Might actually use the FW Mk6 marines instead of the RTB01 guys, will be a lot cheaper and easier to get hold of. 

the FW Mk6 marines ... will be a lot cheaper and easier to get hold of.

Just gonna quote this out of context so everyone can enjoy the thought of forge world being the cheap option.

Even cheaper if you buy from ebay. :D

The vehicle targeting back in the day was a bit silly, luckily when I was a kid we couldnt afford many vehicles so we didnt have to worry about the madness, you would be lucky if you saw a Rhino on the tabletop, another reason why Im gonna build a fleet of cardboard tanks...

This sounds epic. When I was a kid I had a battlewagon - it felt massive compared to the other models of the time. And we played with the new rules with targeting grid and you had to load the actual models it was transporting, and there was no legal limit but if one fell off during movement that model counted as having fallen off in game. It was fun the first few times but then was quietly rested until 2nd edition came along when it came back out of retirement.

Edit: too many uses of “actually”

Edited by LameBeard

Id love to get my hands on one of those old Battlewagons, If I ever get one Ill have to start playing Gorkamorka again so I know all my boys wont fall off due to all the space. :D 

Got my bike and Ancestor from Ramshackle Games today.

Pile on the right is what I paid for and was what I expected, did not expect all that on the left, I have a whole ass biker for free and a fair few spares.

med_gallery_75911_16900_278486.jpg

Squats used to 'skid turn' to get around the battlefield, so I thought Im gonna need some skiddy Squats, got one so far.

med_gallery_75911_16900_983492.jpg

''Hey Gandalf, I bet you cant explode that Screamer Killer with your MiNd BuLlEtS''

''Hold my Ale you little Milk Drinker''

med_gallery_75911_16900_436916.jpg

Boring group shot.

med_gallery_75911_16900_148001.jpg

Gonna order the 5 bike pick n mix deal on friday, then all I will need is another bike and two more Einherjar to get the squads legal and I have my Squat army. :) Well TECHNICALLY I just need the 2 Einherjar but I want bikes damit!!!! Im gonna re read the rules and run a few test games to see how things work again before I decide if I want Tarantulas, Rapiers, Mole Mortars or Heavy Weapon Trikes, although I am leaning towards the Moles and Trikes as they are more 'Squattier' than the others I think.

Bikes are ordered, should be here in a couple of weeks. That gives me time to paint 22 Squats, 2 Bikes, a Living Ancestor and finish the Rhino. I have roughly 1000 points of Eldar so I have enough to get some small games on the go soon, I just need to make more scenery. *looks at pile of polystyrene and cocktail sticks and cries in procrastination* 

Beep Boop Bop done...

Annoyingly the sand was peeling off the base as I was drybrushing them, seems like Gorilla Glue is great for hair, crap for bases :D Next time Ill paint them without the arms attached, getting the armpits was bloody annoying. Other than that these minis paint up really fast, I forgot how much fun it was to paint something thats not covered in Aquila's, Purity Seals and Skulls for once.

med_gallery_75911_16900_797042.jpg

med_gallery_75911_16900_160749.jpg

med_gallery_75911_16900_459578.jpg

med_gallery_75911_16900_896452.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Was sat up all night trying to fit my current armies into 1st edition forces, I have worked out a 2k Emperors Children and 2k World Eaters list using RoC, and between my Space Wolves and not Templars I can muster 2k of Marines as well. Got me some more Squat Bikers on the way as well so tht should round my Squats out nicely at 2k as well. 

I just need to sort some more scenery and then I can crack on with some games and batreps.  

Got me bikes :D 

They even threw in a free trike as well. Now I got tons of spare heads so I can pop a few off my Einherjar and put some resin ones on to mix it up a little. 

Just picked up one of these off ebay for a few quid. Looks good enough for a Squat Thudd Gun. Might even get some for my Krieg if they scale well next to Guardsmen. 

161650996_280106290190616_80578758558025

Painted some bikes, just need to finish the hair and beards.

med_gallery_75911_16900_883441.jpg

As a little break from Squats I am dipping my toe into a 2nd ed project a little early. Any guesses?
med_gallery_75911_16900_659793.jpg

Been a while since I posted a comment here.

This is an excellent project- I've really enjoyed following it. I also want to let you know that I've been a little inspired by this.

I have some old OOP models- some old metal Noise Marines, the old metal GSC stuff that I've put up in other threads, the Ordo Malleus Terminator and an old Librarian with a single visor in his helmet rather than a pair of eyes. After watching this thread, I think I need to get all that stuff on the table.

Oh... Also an old Chaos Dread with a head like an H.R. Giger alien!

@ThePenitentOne - now you’re giving me the bug! I have some metal terminators next on the list. I sold my ancient metal Chaos Dread a while ago - I just had him so long, so scared to start him.

@Slave to Darkness - keep up the good work

Oh... Also an old Chaos Dread with a head like an H.R. Giger alien!

You lucky bastard!!!! I would literally drown my own mother for one of those. 

Feels weird knowing I have inspired people, thanks guys. But seriously Im no Apologist or Doghouse, now their work is inspirational. :wub: 

Oh I forgot to mention, the quad launcher turned up. It looks a little bit smaller and thinner than the FW version (a Guardsman is slightly taller) but looks perfect next to the Squats, I think if I put it on a base and increase the height by adding milliput to the base before I add sand it should look right next to my Krieg. Totally worth the few ÂŁÂŁ and they do a heavy Mortar variant as well.

The seller even threw in a few miscast bits as well for free, I got 7 'wooden' palettes that I will stick oil barrels and crates on for objective markers or random scatter scenery for Necromunda and 10 Chainaxes (handy as I need chainaxes for my Khorne army and I dont wanna start popping arms off of my Space Wolves).