Got some more LotD stuff done, gonna do a Commander and Ancient next, and a kitbashed Vet Sgt Centurius.

med_gallery_75911_16900_126803.jpg

med_gallery_75911_16900_626562.jpg

med_gallery_75911_16900_168028.jpg

Got a few more sprues of Einherjar in the post so I can finish off the Khorne Hearthguard squad, and I have got some of the nasty plastic Eldar Guardians with the metal shuriken catapults to go with my oldstyle Eldar army so I have a playable Xenos force now. They will show themselves here at some point soon when I slap a bit more paint on them. .

• 2 weeks later...

Wargames Atlantic Einherjar's, banner arm is one of the gun holding hands repositioned, trimmed etc. Brass rod for the banner pole and the banner came from one of the old Fantasy Dwarf kits. After building the Khorne Hearthguard squad I will have two Einherjar minis spare, and I did say Ill do Tzeentch Squats as well so Ill convert up a Tzeentch Lord and may as well do a Slaanesh one as well. Because everybodys mini collection needs a one breasted drunk bearded midget with anger issues. 

• 4 months later...

Been out the loop hobby wise recently, real life and all that stuff. As I have neglected my mandollies I need to play catch up, especially as I have missed a few months of the 12 months of hobby challenge thingy, so I have vowed to finish what I started, do vows for the missing months and as I am moving in a week and wont have internet right away I vowed ahead for September as well. So my current to do list is...

June vow - Games table  (Cityfight, roughly 4 foot by 5 foot) 
July vow - Khornate Squat Hearthguard (x4), Khornate Renegade Guardsmen x20 (assorted) and some scratch built Chaos/Khorne scatter terrain (min 1 big bit and 4 small). 
August vow - Slaaneshi Genestealer Patriarch, Chaos Spawn, Slaaneshii Vindicator and a Slaaneshii Land Raider.

September vow - 35ish  Guardsmen, Mix of Whiteshields, Veterans, Heavy Weapons teams and Characters.

That lot should keep me busy for the next 5 weeks. 

• 4 months later...

Im still alive, just been busy trynna paint more Guardsmen, only got 60 ish to finish now and thats all done (yay).

So soon Ill crack on with more Squats. 

I do have one head scratcher you guys could help with, in the WD Squat list it has biker squads and trike units with weapon options and the vehicle manual only has basic squat biker and trike datafax's with no weapon options and a points value per mini, but it doesnt say the min - max unit size for bikers, and I assume the points is for the bike, rider and any weapons making them rather cheap. Because of this I dont know if I wanna bother using the updated vehicle rules or just use the ones in the book. 

I have a vague memory back in the day of the vehicle manual coming with a smaller booklet with instructions for converting some marine and ork vehicles and I cant remember if that covered vehicle units and how they are organised, and my pdf I have downloaded was just the cover and datafaxes, does anybody have the vehicle manual still that may be able to help? Did I imagine the extra booklet (cheap black and white 'magazine' style like the 1st ed space hulk books)? 

Tbh this is the only thing stopping me from doing bat reps, dont wanna report something if its wrong, Im not a journalist. 

• 3 weeks later...

Just ordered this beauty...

med_gallery_75911_12239_1204038.png

Now the important question though, Legion of the Damned or my Space Wolves... Choices Choices...

Well it said on the ebay listing its scaled to the boxnaught, damn son this bad boy is taller!!! Only downside was the power fist thumb had a misprint and the tip of the thumb isnt there, but the OG metals had tons of casting issues (never had one that was good, let alone perfect) and its only a thumb, that geezer from Black Sabbath gets by with half of his fingers missing so Im sure my dread will be fine. 

Already assembled and primed, even if I did have a replacement arm Im not pulling this one apart now :lol:

I will be ordering another soon so Ill just mention to him about the thumb, not sure if its something that would happen on other prints or I may have been unlucky but at least he can keep an eye on things. I am also going to try sculpting over one as well to convert into something similar to the 1st ed Chaos Dreadnought as well, ahh these old dreads give me happy feels in my tummy. :wub:

For those that may be interested, heres a pik of it in bits and one next to a current Dread and a Daemon Prince.

med_gallery_75911_12239_346915.jpg

med_gallery_75911_12239_764776.jpg

Ahh yes, scaled to the current Dread indeed :lol: Cant wait to get one of the larger ones scaled to Primaris dread sized, I think that one will be the Chaos one.

• 1 month later...

Still need to add another biker to fill the squad out, so for the time being his stand in is gonna be something based on this chappy.

gallery_75911_16900_79669.png

Nothing fancy, literally gonna be a WGA Einherjar duel wielding axes on a bit of cardboard. :lol:

Gonna run through the rules for 1st ed over the weekend and have a me vs me 500pt game just to jig my memory back god knows how many years. Im not bothering with any of the supplement rules etc from the Compendiums etc. Just pure core rulebook lists, so expect marines with a str of 3 and 4+ saves :biggrin.:

Forces are (roughly, may tweak a little)... 

Marines. 

Major Hero 

Bolt Gun, Bolt Pistol, Power Axe, Frag Grenades, Displacer Field, Power Armour

Champion 

Bolt Gun, Bolt Pistol, Power Axe, Frag Grenades, Chainsword, Power Armour.

10 Marines

Bolt Guns, Bolt Pistols, Power Fist, Flamer, Missile Launcher (frag and crack), Frag Grenades, Suspensors, Power Armour.

5 Marines 

Bolt Guns, Bolt Pistols, Frag Grenades, Power Armour.

vs

Imperial Army (Guard)

Major Hero

Plasma Pistol, Power Sword, Flak Armour, Mesh Armour, Frag Grenades.

Champion

Needler, Flak Armour, Mesh Armour. 

10 Guardsmen

Las Guns, Las Pistol, Flamer, Flak Armour. 

10 Guardsmen

10 Guardsmen

10 Guardsmen

Las Guns, Las Pistol, Grenade Launcher (frag and crack), Flak Armour. 

10 Guardsmen

Las Guns, Las Pistol, Grenade Launcher (frag and crack), Flak Armour. 

52 Guardsmen vs 17 Marines should be interesting. :biggrin.: I may even take some pictures even though Ill be playing on the side in the kitchen on unpainted scenery. 

Edited by Slave to Darkness

• 4 months later...

Watching some Vet Sgt Centurius minis on Ebay, not happy with my kitbash and cant be bothered re converting him, Im that lazy Id drop £££ for one just so I know its gonna look good. Also contemplating a box of the new Mk6 for more flamey boys, and may as well get the LoTD novel as well for inspiration.

Im also out of Einherjar coms packs and I need more for my British trench Guard army, so Ill grab another box of not Squats for the bits I need then Ill stash the rest until I crack on with my Khorne midgets. 

Just got me two of the lovey ltd ed Vet Sgt Centurius off ebay, one doesnt have the chainsword but he will be a CSM conversion at some point. 

Also got myself some Conquest Games Normans, Norman Knights and Medieval Knights, and some random fancy Knight mini to use as a lord for games of Warhammer Siege set on a medieval world. Im working out a quick army list now (using the Bretonnia list in Warhammer Armies). These guys will be written into the lore for my 'not Templars' homeworld eventually. Ill pop up a rough draft of the list later when I figure it all out. 

Also just grabbed some plastic Vikings. Gonna run a campaign hopefully set on a Medieval World. Medieval Knights vs Norse raiding party and Khorne Daemons. Eventually my not Templars will show up (this planet will eventually be their homeworld in the lore) and some World Eaters will show their face just because. Also planning a castle made up of various pringles tubes, mini cheddar tubs and cardboard so I can get some siege games in as well.

Busy busy busy... 

Just added some stuff to my cart for the next lot of Vikings 1 Shield Maiden Warlord, 12 Shield Maiden Berzerkers and 16 Shield maiden Warriors. Also grabbed another 44 Viking Warriors (will be 88 in total)  and 8 dudes with Dane axes (to use as Berzerkers), a character with a Dane axe to lead them and a random character with Sword. 

Just realised I can also run some games of Viking vs Viking raids set on Fenris, any models that  do particularly well over a series of games gets raised up to the ranks of the Space Wolves and one of my Marines takes their name. That way I can follow their glory from basic spear boy to Wolf Lord. 

Working on some rough lists now for the Norse and Bretonnians, would be easy if it wasnt for a banging headache and and a confusing book (Warhammer Armies). 

• 2 weeks later...

Well I got my haul for my Chapters recruitment world natives and their enemies...

Also got 2 sexy spooky boys and a metal Mephiston, one Centurius will be for my LotD and the other one and Mephy will be for my Chaos army (those of you who remember John Blanches Khorne army in the 2nd ed Chaos dex know where Im going with this). 

2022-09-15 13.45.18.jpg

I have also grabbed 10 of the new HH Mk6 for my LotD as well. Damn they bring back the happy squishy feels I had back in the 90s when I got my first beakies, only thing I dont like about them is the weird nipple on the back of the lower leg, it doesnt need to be there and serves no purpose but no biggie, at least I wont have to continue the flames all the way around because of it so silver linings and all that. So far I have just stuck one together and it was quite a painless experience. Next purchase for the LotD will be a Rhino, Id love to see the new 'old' Rhino done up in the flames, when I was a nipper my mates dad painted up the old 1st ed Predator in LotD colours and it looked amazing and I vowed one day to have tanks painted in the awesome flames in my collection, but I cant afford a Predator yet so Ill settle for the cheaper option. 

Oh I also have some Black Adder goes forth minis, but if you wanna see those then you will have to look in the Guard forums.

Sorry about poor pik quality, cant get a decent shot today for some reason.

Decided to give Centurius a Mk6 power pack to match with his squad and bumped his height up a little, he still looks tiny compared to his mates though.

image.thumb.jpeg.061a7bc9c1f7aafbc589ef599aa76286.jpeg

One thing that does bother me about Centurius, lore wise that is. In the LotD novel (when the empty caskets were dropping from orbit) his casket said he was 1st company. Id rather they kept it unknown, seems odd a 1st company vet sgt rocking a bolt pistol and chainsword. Its nothing major, I just preffered the mystery surrounding him and his legion, I dont want too many details or things explained, I like the element of the unknown. I think the heresy has lost a lot of its shine now we even know what kind of socks Horus wears in bed. 

Still building the Chapter homeworld natives and the 'Viking' invaders, but dont really have much to show atm, I build a couple between actual 40k minis, should have something to show soon hopefully. 

Have built some 'Brit' Guardsmen with the Wargames Atlantic Bulldogs, including a coms pigeon (was cheaper than buying coms packs and fits the theme). If anyone wants some more guard goodness check out my stuff in the Guard area. 

image.thumb.jpeg.2c30f6a54067378968d1799f9c16621c.jpeg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/ukwarforged

Trynna find the actual listing, going through my old orders and the links dead. But this is the ebay sellers store. If you have a 3d printer or access to one the STL file is all over the interwebs. 

++EDIT++

I just messaged the seller to see if he  is still making them. Ill letcha know what he says when I hear back from him.