Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

My Adeptus Titanicus Plog

Adeptus Titanicus Blog

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Master Commander Ajax

Master Commander Ajax

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 684 posts
  • Faction: Black Castellans
It’s long been a pipe dream of mine to one day own a Forge World Titan. I love the design of Imperial Titans in general and really enjoy the lore side of them too. Sadly the Challange of painting something that large has always put me off (Not to mention the price!). With the new edition of Adeptus Titanicus however I finally have to opportunity to scratch that Titan itch, albeit on a smaller scale! I plan on creating my own Legio and already have a solid idea of what colour scheme I’m gonna use. I’m waiting on getting a permeant painting station set up before tackling the Titans themselves but in the meantime I’ve made a start on some terrain.

gallery_33348_16891_2014431.jpeg

gallery_33348_16891_1542586.jpeg

Edited by Master Commander Ajax, 06 February 2021 - 06:02 AM.

• HorrOwl and Brother Dallo like this

They shall be my finest warriors, these men who give of themselves to me. Like clay I shall mould them, and in the furnace of war forge them. They will be of iron will and steely muscle. In great armour shall I clad them and with the mightiest guns will they be armed. They will be untouched by plague or disease, no sickness will blight them. They will have tactics, strategies and machines so that no foe can best them in battle. They are my bulwark against the Terror. They are the Defenders of Humanity. They are my Space Marines and they shall know no fear.

Inktopus

Inktopus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13 posts
  • Faction: Legio Fureans, Carcharodons

That terrain piece looks really good. How did you do the streaking?

Master Commander Ajax

Master Commander Ajax

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 684 posts

That terrain piece looks really good. How did you do the streaking?

Thank you! I painted small, vertical streaks of Windsor and Newton Burnt Umbar oil paint thinned with white spirit. Then I came back with a large, soft brush and lightly brushed over the streaks, softening them. In real life they’re actually a bit starker than what they appear in the pictures, I might go back and tinker with them a bit more tomorrow.
  • Inktopus likes this

They shall be my finest warriors, these men who give of themselves to me. Like clay I shall mould them, and in the furnace of war forge them. They will be of iron will and steely muscle. In great armour shall I clad them and with the mightiest guns will they be armed. They will be untouched by plague or disease, no sickness will blight them. They will have tactics, strategies and machines so that no foe can best them in battle. They are my bulwark against the Terror. They are the Defenders of Humanity. They are my Space Marines and they shall know no fear.

Master Commander Ajax

Master Commander Ajax

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 684 posts
I added some chipping to the shield generators today. My first time doing so with 8mm scale models.

gallery_33348_16891_1275241.jpeg

Overall I’d say I’m pleased. Feel like they’re a little “off” though, maybe I’ve just been staring at them for too long. Below is a before and after comparison.

gallery_33348_16891_145811.jpeg

Brother Dallo

Brother Dallo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,688 posts
  • Faction: Angels Encarmine
Lovely terrain.

ETL_2014_Banner_V2_03B_Custos_Fidei.jpg 

So yeah, long story short.

Dallo <- Blame that guy.

Obscura, on 08 Mar 2016 

schoon

schoon

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 826 posts

First of all, those are great! Oil paints adds a whole new dimension to shading and weathering.

As for the chipping, to my eye it seems like a little too much of it. It draws the eye away from the great streaking you did and makes things seem a bit "cluttered."

(Meant as constructive criticism, and I acknowledge that there's a lot of personal preference involved...)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Adeptus Titanicus, Blog

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users