Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

White Scars vs. Death Guard Tactics

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

SanguinaryGuardsman

SanguinaryGuardsman

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,038 posts

It may be the case that this matchup is so awful that a new supplement is the only fix.  For tournament players, if  DG turns out not to be a meta threat it might be best to design lists as if they didnt exist and just take the L should you face them but hopefully maximize your efficiency vs everyone else.  

Edited by SanguinaryGuardsman, 12 February 2021 - 07:22 PM.

Prot

Prot

++ EQUES AEDITUUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 15,841 posts

That's true. It's a different take but a lot of people will probably just do that; play your own game, and if you face DG, it's just an L and move on.

I am having fun trying to shift my 'ideal' White Scars into something different that can evolve into a better all comers type list.

Personally, I always found myself a bit... too aggressive with my White Scars. In those match ups where I faced something that was very good at handling a charge, or simply just dishing out a lot of close range/close combat damage, I would be too quick to get in with the Scars and often I'd nearly lose as a result or suffer a very unnecessary loss. 

Lots of what 'clicks' with White Scars is not even necessarily tied to Close Combat. I've realized this over the past year or two. Having speed, and strats that assist with speed, and even their Psychic powers have great utility.

I should be able to make a list that can concentrate on softening up targets just using marine based units that do this well for every chapter. Then capitalize on the stuff that Scars do well in T3+. 

• Black Blow Fly and Aarik like this

Click to see....
gallery_2760_14273_30255.jpg
Instagram: @Prot40k

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users