Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

White scars squad markings Forgeworld Transfers

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Prot

Prot

++ EQUES AEDITUUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 15,842 posts

So I decided like some others have that I like the FW white scars transfers better than the GW ones. 

the thing I also noticed is the GW squad markings for the right shoulder pad is almost pink compared to the deep red FW transfers. 

So I considered using the cool glyphs for marking the squads out but I don’t know which is which...or if these squad markings glyphs have any actual meaning or are random. Does anyone know? I tried researching this but can’t seem to find something that deciphers the transfer markings. 

Click to see....
gallery_2760_14273_30255.jpg
Instagram: @Prot40k

SanguinaryGuardsman

SanguinaryGuardsman

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,038 posts

Horus Heresy book 8 page 151 has some example markings and what they mean but the fluff describes WS heraldry as being a bit difficult for outsiders to discern.  They use Chogorin script and the heraldry is not uniform between brotherhoods.  The only marking that is consistent is the legion marking but even that comes in white, red, gold, or black.    

• Prot likes this

Prot

Prot

++ EQUES AEDITUUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 15,842 posts

Thanks for that. That is one HH book I don't own. At the end of the day I just went with the "V" for the fifth. Plus it allows a little bit of cross unit usage of sergeants I suppose.

Click to see....
gallery_2760_14273_30255.jpg
Instagram: @Prot40k

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users