SM - DW lore question/help needed

Maska

Hi, (could be long post)

For quite some time I'm strungling to bulid my army fluff/lore wise around models I have.

I've tried to divide my models in one chapter 'X' to varius companies starting from 1st till 5th.

Well, so far so good. But.

I started my collection before Deathwatch, which fit my playstyle and theme perfectly. (And since each model can have uniqe loadout I like them even more).

And since Im into those 'wacky theme armys' So now I have SM and DW models, to complicate things even more, I have models for SM from multiple chapters, like BaalPredator BA.

So far I have:

-1st Company

Almost all terminators, with LR, CMD Rhino

-3rd Company DW

Almost pure DW, HQ, KillTeams, Dreadnoughts

-4th Company SM

Regular SM #1 - (Rulewise ANY) HQ, Elites, TacTeams, DevTeams, AirSupport and Pods.

Regular SM #2 - (Rulewise BA) HQ Dreadnought, TacTeam in Razorback, 2x AutoPred, 1xBaalPred,

-5th Company SM Prmiaris

Not important,

In addition I have all three uniqe Dreadnouhgt from Adeptus Custodes, Leviathan and a Dreadeo Dreadnought.

As You see mix of evrything.

And my question is, should I 'made' unique DW Chapter army with the above, even when DW does not operate as an regular army?

Should I divide them into multiple chapters?

If the first, I'm not sure how to justify it lore wise to made it belivable.

Thanks for any help

I mean you can always play crusade?? You can just take any imperium units then, It’s definitely a stretch they’d ever fight together for any length of time but you could say it’s a force from a single battle from the Indomitus crusade? or something similar...

Apart from that probably best braking them into smaller strike forces of their respective chapters and adepta

But hey they’re your models do what you wanna do man :)

I think if I were trying to make it all fit into one chapter lorewise, I'd have the chapter have extremely close ties to an admech forgeworld. Your 3rd company either helps defend the forge world or goes with them on expeditions to look for ancient tech. The entire chapter benefits from the arrangement with access to rare vehicles but the forgeworld only provides the SIA when it's in their best interests.

That said if your fitting them all into one chapter when you play you should stick to one of your subtractions at time.

Otherwise you'll probably confuse for your opponents because two models painted the same have different rules.

(...)

Apart from that probably best braking them into smaller strike forces of their respective chapters and adepta

(...)

I was thinking about that, however I'm not sure how it will look like when I will need more units for particular battle etc. Still, I play mostly at home so it should not be a big issue.

I use multiple supplements to represent the different fighting styles of the various Captains of my Chapter. Just make Deathwatch part of the first or tenth Companies.

That's nice idea, I didnt think of it this way. It's something I will explore.

I think if I were trying to make it all fit into one chapter lorewise, I'd have the chapter have extremely close ties to an admech forgeworld. Your 3rd company either helps defend the forge world or goes with them on expeditions to look for ancient tech. The entire chapter benefits from the arrangement with access to rare vehicles but the forgeworld only provides the SIA when it's in their best interests. (...)

I did have similar idea back in the days (before DW), like my 'guys' acquire by anymeans necesery tools they need, like STC for BaalPred.

Thanks, I will have to go and do some thinking, hopefuly soon I will have oportuity to share my army/models :smile.: .

Edited by Maska