Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Rise of the First Prince

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
288 replies to this topic

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,358 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children

The word "Supplement" pretty clearly excludes it being in a codex, no?

Not necessarily, they use the terms interchangeably from time to time, and using supplement here rather than codex might just be a way of avoiding a codex announcement

bRxSYDV.png

Xenith

Xenith

++ NETATOR FEROCIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 12,471 posts

Blood Angels etc are classed as "Codex Supplements". Might be a Codex Supplement: Legions of Be'Lakor.

• Black Blow Fly likes this

Redcomet

Redcomet

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 581 posts

Blood Angels etc are classed as "Codex Supplements". Might be a Codex Supplement: Legions of Be'Lakor.

Highly unlikely

Xenith

Xenith

++ NETATOR FEROCIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 12,471 posts

The name was plucked from thin air, although seeing as AoS just got exactly that, something similar for 40k might not be too far off the mark. 

Halandaar

Halandaar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,343 posts
  • Faction: Pretty much all of them!

Only if you choose to ignore that Codexes literally have the phrase "A Supplement for Warhammer 40,000" printed on the back of them.
  • Rik Lightstar likes this

gallery_84244_11417_1545.gifgallery_84244_11417_3775.gifgallery_84244_11417_2850.gifgallery_84244_11417_880.gifgallery_84244_11417_1641.gifgallery_84244_11417_2552.gifgallery_84244_11417_215.png gallery_84244_11417_13317.jpg gallery_84244_11417_22884.png gallery_84244_16660_5008.jpg gallery_84244_11417_13552.png gallery_84244_11417_5535.png

Scribe

Scribe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,035 posts
  • Faction: Khorne
All I know, is that I may be tempted to put a little display Army together with him as the centerpiece.

I don't play anymore (hate what they have done with templated unit load outs + Covid lock downs being well...yeah) but a few units and this guy in a case?

What's one more CSM army?

Edited by Scribe, 14 April 2021 - 09:43 PM.

• Marshal Loss and PJ1933 like this

DISOBEY

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,358 posts

What's one more CSM army?

I stopped asking myself that three Legions ago :P

• Scribe, Arkhanist, LetsYouDown and 4 others like this

bRxSYDV.png

Putrid Choir

Putrid Choir

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 851 posts
I see alot of people thinking he is going to mesh with chaos space marines. In 8th he was in the chaos daemons codex. Is this wishful thinking or has there been info to suggest otherwise?
  • Marshal Loss likes this

mithrilforge

mithrilforge

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,438 posts
  • Faction: 40k - Orks & Deldar

@Putrid Choir-  TBH I think we're reaching for something ..simply because he's a cool model and we'd like to have an excuse to buy him to put with our Chaos marines... sweat.gif 

cause if he's demons only ...well that means some of us have to go buy a whole load of deamon models...laugh.png  (which isnt a bad thing really)

Mithril

p.s. apologies for being a bit over the top with the Nurgle rant blush.png  , i just wants me some Khorne Berzerkers yes.gif   

gallery_70393_10089_1851.png gallery_48988_6285_17537.pnggallery_6494_6331_8260.pnggallery_48988_15465_40221.png  gallery_48988_15465_18945.png

MajorNese-  In the grim darkness of the near future, there is only complaints. biggrin.png

Putrid Choir

Putrid Choir

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 851 posts

@Putrid Choir- TBH I think we're reaching for something ..simply because he's a cool model and we'd like to have an excuse to buy him to put with our Chaos marines... sweat.gif
cause if he's demons only ...well that means some of us have to go buy a whole load of deamon models...laugh.png (which isnt a bad thing really)

Mithril

p.s. apologies for being a bit over the top with the Nurgle rant blush.png , i just wants me some Khorne Berzerkers yes.gif

All good, we all want some noise marine and bezerker love! I hope Be'lakor has all 4 marks instead of none. He's model of the year material for sure.
  • mithrilforge, Marshal Loss and ThePenitentOne like this

dice4thedicegod

dice4thedicegod

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 894 posts

@Putrid Choir- TBH I think we're reaching for something ..simply because he's a cool model and we'd like to have an excuse to buy him to put with our Chaos marines... sweat.gif
cause if he's demons only ...well that means some of us have to go buy a whole load of deamon models...laugh.png (which isnt a bad thing really)

Mithril

p.s. apologies for being a bit over the top with the Nurgle rant blush.png , i just wants me some Khorne Berzerkers yes.gif

All good, we all want some noise marine and bezerker love! I hope Be'lakor has all 4 marks instead of none. He's model of the year material for sure.

Yes, it would be great if he went the Abaddon route with marks... or at least didn’t break mono god detachment bonuses!
  • Putrid Choir likes this

Cheex

Cheex

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,112 posts

I see alot of people thinking he is going to mesh with chaos space marines. In 8th he was in the chaos daemons codex. Is this wishful thinking or has there been info to suggest otherwise?

Wishful thinking, mainly. Although, if he's a LoW then he would be pretty easy to add to any CHAOS army.

Scribe

Scribe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,035 posts

No idea, no worries. It's just to have really.
  • Black Blow Fly likes this

DISOBEY

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Rik Lightstar

Rik Lightstar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,380 posts
  • Faction: Astral Claws, Mantis Warriors

This model may finally push me to the mixed God Daemon army I've been wanting to do for ages but couldn't decide on what was appropriate to lead it with.

I like to keep stuff reasonably fluff appropriate so I just couldn't really reconcile the idea of a Bloodthirster leading Slaanesh units or any other of the opposed combos.

Rik

• Dark Shepherd likes this

The Codex Astartes: Taking Away The Freedom Of The Astartes To Pigeonhole Themselves, 
And Restricting Them To Supreme Flexibility Since M31

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,358 posts

Be'lakor datasheet leak!

xtUUMLY.png

There's a mistake here, as the GW article showed the piercing strike as being at +4S and this sheet shows it as being +2S.

Edited by Marshal Loss, 16 April 2021 - 07:50 PM.

• Prot likes this

bRxSYDV.png

Scribe

Scribe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,035 posts

Was there a shot of the 2nd arm angle?

DISOBEY

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Prot

Prot

++ EQUES AEDITUUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 15,841 posts

The model just looks incredible. I just can't figure out what it will... fit in with armywise.

Click to see....
gallery_2760_14273_30255.jpg
Instagram: @Prot40k

Plaguecaster

Plaguecaster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,134 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard
Awesome model with hopefully awesome rules as well
Hope GW gives him some rule that prevents him ever being fielded in the same army as the daemon primarchs to stop annoying soup abusers and since doesn't make sense fluff wise to ever work alongside the major champions of the gods

I have a feeling he will be daemons only and not available to CSMs which will make sense
Nurgle Abominarions: A Host of Decay Revived for 8th​.
UPDATED 29/07/17

Tokugawa

Tokugawa

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 660 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars
Glad to see the big guys suffering less from bad damage charts, in recently rules. E.g. new KoS has 6/5/4 attacks, Morty has 7/6/5. Feel much more comfortable than downgrading to only 1 or 2 attacks.

Cheex

Cheex

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,112 posts

Preorder is up on NZ and AU pages.

https://www.games-wo...ark-Master-2021

I've been staring at the 360° image for a while now. Such a great model!

Interestingly, GW noted that there were some errors in the construction booklet and so have the corrected version up for download:

https://www.games-wo...tionBooklet.pdf

• Prot, Scribe and Emicus like this

ThePenitentOne

ThePenitentOne

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,139 posts
  • Faction: Sisters of Battle

Wishful thinking, mainly. Although, if he's a LoW then he would be pretty easy to add to any CHAOS army.

It is mostly wishful thinking, I agree... But... In the Book of Rust, while Typhus and the majority of the invasion force focus on the Obolis Subsector, the send a splinter fleet into the Lirac Subsector to prevent House Raven from coming to the aid of the Imperial forces under siege.

But the splinter fleet betrays Typhus because they are busy with their own goals... Mysterious rituals of their own. I suspect those rituals will awaken Be'Lakor in Charadon Act 2, which expand on the action in the Lirac subsector.

And if CSM woke him, he's likely to find a home in their dex.

I know, pure conjecture. But it does fit, right?

Time will tell.

Scribe

Scribe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,035 posts

Preorder is up on NZ and AU pages.

https://www.games-wo...ark-Master-2021

I've been staring at the 360° image for a while now. Such a great model!

Interestingly, GW noted that there were some errors in the construction booklet and so have the corrected version up for download:

https://www.games-wo...tionBooklet.pdf

Ooo boy. That rocks.

DISOBEY

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Closet Skeleton

Closet Skeleton

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,689 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

I have a feeling he will be daemons only and not available to CSMs which will make sense

If he's a lord of war/supreme commander he goes in his own detachment so can ally in easily.

Emicus

Emicus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,721 posts
He could be in both books? And it only matters regarding 'army purity' bonuses, right?

Crix

Crix

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 303 posts
What’s with instruction errors necessitating addendums two releases in a row? Good on them for providing rapid and honest fixes, but QA suffering or what?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users