Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Rise of the First Prince

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
288 replies to this topic

Jukkiz

Jukkiz

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,036 posts
  • Faction: Sinners

What’s with instruction errors necessitating addendums two releases in a row? Good on them for providing rapid and honest fixes, but QA suffering or what?

same thing with codexes and core rulebooks too, it´s pretty conserning on such a large scale to happen

"Every world is under Emperors might, then why i feel empty..."

15th tactical marine 6th company, Ermus. Sinners chapter

fire golem

fire golem

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,061 posts
  • Faction: XVth Legion, Loyal Siege force

There’s quite often mistakes in institutions, the new part is them actually correcting them. 

• Black Blow Fly and Dark Shepherd like this

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,358 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children

Frankly I think they should put instructions on their website for every release anyway, mistakes or no

• Jack of the Pelt and Nemesor Tyriks like this

bRxSYDV.png

Redcomet

Redcomet

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 581 posts

Frankly I think they should put instructions on their website for every release anyway, mistakes or no

Why? I am just wondering what you think it will accomplish?

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,358 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children

Why on earth not? Saves people having to email them for individual PDFs when one goes missing/they pick up a kit from elsewhere, shows you how things go together prior to purchasing/while you're waiting for your kit to arrive, putting more resources in one place encourages more traffic to the GW site instead of to instructions subreddit, etc. There's no good reason not to have the instructions easily available online.

• Jack of the Pelt, fire golem, Scribe and 6 others like this

bRxSYDV.png

Black Blow Fly

Black Blow Fly

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 15,584 posts
  • Faction: TODESKOMPANIE
Things to add to the To Do list is infinite. You can get them via email is good enough for me.
  • Dark Shepherd likes this
=][= fortis Fortuna adiuvat . =][=
my 40k FB Page:
https://m.facebook.com/Terminus6Est
Terminus Est
Blood and Honor!

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,291 posts
They have all the AoS warscrolls on the site 🤷
Signature not compliant with forum rules.
Hidden Content

The Observer

The Observer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,456 posts
  • Faction: The Legions of Yore

Why on earth not? Saves people having to email them for individual PDFs when one goes missing/they pick up a kit from elsewhere, shows you how things go together prior to purchasing/while you're waiting for your kit to arrive, putting more resources in one place encourages more traffic to the GW site instead of to instructions subreddit, etc. There's no good reason not to have the instructions easily available online.

Hell at the end of the day this would be an easy way to do away with printed instructions as a whole. That'll save heaps of paper and ink.

• Azaiel, Marshal Loss and 01RTB01 like this

People like to whinge and moan about "the good old days," when things "were cool" and now somehow aren't.
One would think that this energy would be better invested in pursuing things one finds more to one's liking.
Then again, common sense doesn't seem to be all that common.

Seahawk

Seahawk

++ OSSIFRAGUS PRAECURSORIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 9,420 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines
A little clearer.

FB-IMG-1618868281083.jpg

Fluff: Naval Operations of Ultramar. Also includes all known named ships for all chapters, as well as ship sizes and assorted information.

Personal: The Renegade Hobbyist. This is where I do things! Also, follow me on Twitter at @Atomic_Hamsters.

Post link for all the instances in which Reanimation Protocols doesn't activate, but should. 

Cheex

Cheex

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,111 posts

Thinking about it, that statline is quite nice. 16W @ T7, enemies are at -1 to hit with no rerolls, ranged attacks are at -1 to wound, and he has a 4+ invul save. He's likely lost his rerollable saves (that was the old Shadow Form ability), but all those together are still quite good.

For context, these are the rules that have been revealed so far:

https://www.warhamme...a-tank-in-half/

Now, one thing that I found interesting was that Immortal Vigor and Shadow Form are separate abilities. You would think that if these were going to be unique abilities for Be'lakor, GW would simply roll all of the defensive effects together into a single ability. I wonder if this means that we'll see Immortal Vigor on other units, like Greater Daemons? That would be a very welcome change.

Emicus

Emicus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,721 posts

Thinking about it, that statline is quite nice. 16W @ T7, enemies are at -1 to hit with no rerolls, ranged attacks are at -1 to wound, and he has a 4+ invul save. He's likely lost his rerollable saves (that was the old Shadow Form ability), but all those together are still quite good.

Now, one thing that I found interesting was that Immortal Vigor and Shadow Form are separate abilities. You would think that if these were going to be unique abilities for Be'lakor, GW would simply roll all of the defensive effects together into a single ability. I wonder if this means that we'll see Immortal Vigor on other units, like Greater Daemons? That would be a very welcome change.

It's a fluff reason, not a 'USR' reason. He has Immortal Vigour and Shadow Form because those are his special characteristics, not because of the rules.

If it was just rules they wouldn't have names at all, just bulletpoint modifiers

Cheex

Cheex

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,111 posts

Thinking about it, that statline is quite nice. 16W @ T7, enemies are at -1 to hit with no rerolls, ranged attacks are at -1 to wound, and he has a 4+ invul save. He's likely lost his rerollable saves (that was the old Shadow Form ability), but all those together are still quite good.

Now, one thing that I found interesting was that Immortal Vigor and Shadow Form are separate abilities. You would think that if these were going to be unique abilities for Be'lakor, GW would simply roll all of the defensive effects together into a single ability. I wonder if this means that we'll see Immortal Vigor on other units, like Greater Daemons? That would be a very welcome change.

It's a fluff reason, not a 'USR' reason. He has Immortal Vigour and Shadow Form because those are his special characteristics, not because of the rules.

If it was just rules they wouldn't have names at all, just bulletpoint modifiers

Except that fluff-wise, all of those effects could easily be described as being due to his "shadowy form". I don't think fluff is a reasonable explanation on its own for these to be separate abilities.

I won't lie, this is entirely just speculation based on wishful thinking. It could just be that the designers decided it was easier to explain or remember as two separate abilities instead of one.

Closet Skeleton

Closet Skeleton

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,689 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

Haven't quite finished him yet, but seems most of Belakor's size is in the wings and base. He's pretty close in size to the multi-build plastic daemon prince, just better proportioned so its more like the difference between old marines and the new chaos marines or Deathwatch Kill team than the difference between the metal and plastic greater daemons.

Brother Tyler

Brother Tyler

++ FIDELIS MILITUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 22,722 posts
  • Faction: VIIth Legion
The model is in the hands of hobbyists now, so please take further discussion about the First Prince up in the Realm of Chaos forums (such as here).
  • Black Blow Fly likes this

gallery_26_548_13550.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_548_4494.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_6764_14592.pnggallery_26_6764_3621.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users