Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Kill Team - Killzone Expansion Sets

Kill Team game

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
116 replies to this topic

Dosjetka

Dosjetka

++ TUTATOR MONTEM ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 13,675 posts

01RTB01: Which e-mail address did you send that to? The customer service one?

• 01RTB01 likes this

gallery_45765_15430_13020.pnggallery_45765_15430_13241.pnggallery_45765_15430_20687.pnggallery_45765_15430_11578.pnggallery_45765_15430_1287.pnggallery_45765_15430_34763.pnggallery_45765_15430_18580.pnggallery_45765_15430_18989.png

Black_Knight

Black_Knight

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,879 posts
  • Faction: AdMech, DW, IK, Blood Ravens

I have sent a complaint to the ASA about this and I am thinking of doing one for the Pariah missing rules issue but I am not 100% informed on that yet.

If anyone else wants to you can here. Unfortuneatly it takes 30 minutes but I think GW for whatever reason are now thinking they can do whatever they want to customers and I hope that is not true.

Edited by Black_Knight, 27 February 2021 - 03:34 PM.

• Firedrake Cordova, Marshal Loss, Zebulon and 6 others like this

gallery_48988_15465_45080.pnggallery_48988_15465_8206.pngETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_01.gif

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,292 posts

01RTB01: Which e-mail address did you send that to? The customer service one?

I sent the email to GW customer service email address yup.

I've also complained to the ASA via the link above and it didn't take long at all.

I fully expect GW to ramp prices up but false advertising is another layer. I should probably get some perspective but it really has galled me. I normally just grumble on here but on this occasion I've done something.

Hopefully if many do then something may change.
  • firestorm40k, Dosjetka and Widowmaker82 like this
Signature not compliant with forum rules.
Hidden Content

Halandaar

Halandaar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,346 posts
  • Faction: Pretty much all of them!
First off I 100% acknowledge that the contents being different from the preview is annoying.

BUT

Would this actually be in the remit of Advertising Standards, given that the products in the preview weren't ever available for sale, and that the images that accompanied the product you're able to buy are correct?

gallery_84244_11417_1545.gifgallery_84244_11417_3775.gifgallery_84244_11417_2850.gifgallery_84244_11417_880.gifgallery_84244_11417_1641.gifgallery_84244_11417_2552.gifgallery_84244_11417_215.png gallery_84244_11417_13317.jpg gallery_84244_11417_22884.png gallery_84244_16660_5008.jpg gallery_84244_11417_13552.pnggallery_84244_11417_4840.png

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,902 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment
Yeh, it’s not false advertising but damn. Dirty, dirty move.

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

Black_Knight

Black_Knight

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,879 posts

I understand it looks gray especially with the naming changes but for me this is the one thing that went over the line. Find below the advertising of three boxes comming this week and they are using the old promo pictures.

1s9jAAam.png

Edited by Black_Knight, 27 February 2021 - 04:44 PM.

• Dosjetka likes this

gallery_48988_15465_45080.pnggallery_48988_15465_8206.pngETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_01.gif

Firedrake Cordova

Firedrake Cordova

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,441 posts
  • Faction: Salamanders

Would this actually be in the remit of Advertising Standards, given that the products in the preview weren't ever available for sale, and that the images that accompanied the product you're able to buy are correct?

If it's classified as "bait and switch", it'd come under Trading Standards.

Yeh, it’s not false advertising but damn. Dirty, dirty move.

Have a look at the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations, specifically the banned practices list (bait and switch) [assuming it's not a genuine mistake!]

Edited by Firedrake Cordova, 27 February 2021 - 05:09 PM.

gorg_graggel

gorg_graggel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 66 posts
  • Faction: Salamanders, AdMech
https://www.warhamme...eld-in-minutes/

LDUmm3u.png

Original Killzone post, before GW can stealth edit it.

Edited by gorg_graggel, 27 February 2021 - 05:45 PM.

Bryan Blaire

Bryan Blaire

++ EXPLORATOR BIOLOGIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 8,044 posts
  • Faction: Imperium, Chaos, Xenos
Guys - if you are upset and able to do something about it, that is great! Let's not devolve this thread into arguing amongst ourselves what this legally may be, and also we need to take into account that laws do vary amongst the different jurisdictions of the world.

There's still value (not a ton) in the new sets, looks like maybe a $10-20ish U.S., plus the new board (which does appear to be less folded than the ones that came in the original Kill Zone boxes) - it just isn't as good as the savings you got from the original kits - except for the Fronteris one, which does appear to be better than the original box, even though it's more pricey.

The Mechanicus one still is the only way to get plasma conduits outside of the Necromunda: Dark Uprising box.

Now I'm back to hoping there's a Sector Imperialis Kill Zone, because I really liked those buildings and it appears they are being removed, with the Basilicanum and the Sanctum now both being gone/No Longer Available Online.
My DA Successor Chapter DIY - Stoneburners: Index Astartes Stoneburners; Images: Stoneburners WiP - DA Forum
Completed Squads: Stoneburners - Hall of Honor Forum
Drakeslayers, Bellicose Monster Hunters of the Fang: Drakeslayers - Space Wolves Forum
Other Material Here (Angels on both sides of the Long War): PCA WiP Forum
gallery_59244_7045_11084.jpggallery_59244_7045_3768.jpggallery_59244_7045_10256.jpg

gorg_graggel

gorg_graggel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 66 posts

The Fronteris one is not a better deal than before, it does not have more sprues in it, just the 4 original ones. This is the only 'just more expensive' offering. (Edit: Although it also seems to lack the paper content, apart from the board.) The other ones are the bait and switch ones.

Also, the new terrain (Vertigus and what's in the Command edition) is very similar to the Imperialis stuff. I assume, the Imperialis stuff is not available anymore, because it was produced in China, and the new version is UK produced, just like the Mechanicus stuff. The pipes are nearly identical. I wish they'd reprint the 'Promethium Relay Pipes'. They had an actual different design.

Edited by gorg_graggel, 27 February 2021 - 05:43 PM.

ThatRedOne

ThatRedOne

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 310 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

They've used the wrong pictures again today:

https://www.warhamme...eks-pre-orders/

I'm not usually the first to criticise GW, but this is outrageous. There are links to the shop that direct you to a different and inferior product.

Halandaar

Halandaar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,346 posts
  • Faction: Pretty much all of them!

There's still value (not a ton) in the new sets, looks like maybe a $10-20ish U.S., plus the new board (which does appear to be less folded than the ones that came in the original Kill Zone boxes)

I think the number of folds is dictated by the box size. The boards that came with the original Kill Team starter set (and presumably the current one too, although I didn't buy it so can't be sure) only folded into 4 because they came in big boxes, whereas the Killzone ones folded into 8 to fit into those sprue-sized boxes. I don't suppose these ones will be any different because they're still constrained by the box size.

gallery_84244_11417_1545.gifgallery_84244_11417_3775.gifgallery_84244_11417_2850.gifgallery_84244_11417_880.gifgallery_84244_11417_1641.gifgallery_84244_11417_2552.gifgallery_84244_11417_215.png gallery_84244_11417_13317.jpg gallery_84244_11417_22884.png gallery_84244_16660_5008.jpg gallery_84244_11417_13552.pnggallery_84244_11417_4840.png

Maschinenpriester

Maschinenpriester

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 410 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children
Well this is bad news. Also for the acessabilyty for kill team as a game in my opinion as you need a lot of terrain. A buddy of mine which got into kill team recently was pretty exited about the Re release of those sets. Now I think his excitement has dampened down and I will probably make some homemade terrain with him. The mechanicus killzone is literally useless now for kill team in my opinion thanks to the lack of any LOS blocking terrain.

Edited by Maschinenpriester, 27 February 2021 - 06:24 PM.

Black_Knight

Black_Knight

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,879 posts

I can maybe understand the crane going missing at a rules level as its just something that looks good but its a really iconic piece of kit to take out of the box. The amount of projects I have seen that have done wonderful things with that crane makes that decision bizzare.

The Mechanicus set removing the massive LOS blocking cylinder is the most baffeling, it makes the set and is one of, if not the most important sprue in all of GWs library, when it comes to making an industrial setting. I have seen some people use literally 10+ of them to create oil rigs.

• mithrilforge likes this

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,902 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment

I can maybe understand the crane going missing at a rules level as its just something that looks good but its a really iconic piece of kit to take out of the box. The amount of projects I have seen that have done wonderful things with that crane makes that decision bizzare.

The Mechanicus set removing the massive LOS blocking cylinder is the most baffeling, it makes the set and is one of, if not the most important sprue in all of GWs library, when it comes to making an industrial setting. I have seen some people use literally 10+ of them to create oil rigs.

The basic Sector Imperialis kits have all gone out of stock and the Sector Mechanicus kits are Direct Only too. No one can really build a board from just the foot print ruins you can get in GW stores. I'm terrified for the future of the ZM terrain. They barely even try to stock it as is. 

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

Black_Knight

Black_Knight

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,879 posts

Yeah I never tried to get the ZM terrain I love the carboard tiles from the original starter set too much, I know its carboard but the art is great. I had noticed that alot of scenery has become GW only, which is a shame when it can cost several hundred to kit out a full board :(

Bryan Blaire

Bryan Blaire

++ EXPLORATOR BIOLOGIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 8,044 posts
  • Faction: Imperium, Chaos, Xenos

The Fronteris one is not a better deal than before, it does not have more sprues in it, just the 4 original ones. This is the only 'just more expensive' offering. (Edit: Although it also seems to lack the paper content, apart from the board.) The other ones are the bait and switch ones.

The Fronteris one would have to have an additional sprue to have three of the Inquisition ammo crates.

The materials listed in the contents requires an additional sprue the original didn't have - I know, I bought that one and have it sitting right here in front of me assembled. I only got two small ruined walls, two ammo boxes, two medium ruined walls, and two large ruined walls, plus the bunker set.

The new kit is listed as three ammo boxes, three small ruined walls, three medium ruined walls, and three large ruined walls, plus the bunker style building.

You can see the content of the old set here: https://www.warhamme...eks-pre-orders/ for comparison (with its two small ruined walls, two ammo boxes, etc.), since they continue to bollocks up what is displayed for these, since they aren't the same sets.

I think the number of folds is dictated by the box size. The boards that came with the original Kill Team starter set (and presumably the current one too, although I didn't buy it so can't be sure) only folded into 4 because they came in big boxes, whereas the Killzone ones folded into 8 to fit into those sprue-sized boxes. I don't suppose these ones will be any different because they're still constrained by the box size.

Definitely - it was that they were showing a larger area that didn't appear to have a fold in the images that gave me hope that these would be less folded, but if the box sizes aren't any different, that is probably in vain.

The new board that came out with the new terrain kit (grey ash waste on one side, Martian red waste on the other) are less folded than the original Kill Zone boards too, more like the boards in the Kill Team starters.

Wish GW had been more forthcoming on what all these items are, but it was not to be.
My DA Successor Chapter DIY - Stoneburners: Index Astartes Stoneburners; Images: Stoneburners WiP - DA Forum
Completed Squads: Stoneburners - Hall of Honor Forum
Drakeslayers, Bellicose Monster Hunters of the Fang: Drakeslayers - Space Wolves Forum
Other Material Here (Angels on both sides of the Long War): PCA WiP Forum
gallery_59244_7045_11084.jpggallery_59244_7045_3768.jpggallery_59244_7045_10256.jpg

gorg_graggel

gorg_graggel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 66 posts

The Fronteris one would have to have an additional sprue to have three of the Inquisition ammo crates.

The materials listed in the contents requires an additional sprue the original didn't have - I know, I bought that one and have it sitting right here in front of me assembled. I only got two small ruined walls, two ammo boxes, two medium ruined walls, and two large ruined walls, plus the bunker set.

The new kit is listed as three ammo boxes, three small ruined walls, three medium ruined walls, and three large ruined walls, plus the bunker style building.

Check the Fronteris entry in GW's store. It only shows two sprues. It's got two of each of those. Unless of course they screwed that one up as well and don't list a new sprue that's included...

Edit: I think I get what you mean. It might actually include 5 sprues (2 of one and 3 of the other). I just checked and compared my own unbuilt box from back then.

Edit2: On the other hand, there's this image, which kinda contradicts the image where everything is layed out built:

https://www.games-wo...isFeature01.jpg

Edited by gorg_graggel, 27 February 2021 - 08:19 PM.

Dark Shepherd

Dark Shepherd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,368 posts
I have a bad feeling theyre going to try to justify this as killteam amounts of terrain for killteam people...and do some obscene Strike Force sized terrain boxes

None of the terrain kits launched today are sold out yet anyway, which is slow by the standards of the last 12 months

quasistellar

quasistellar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 429 posts
Even though the bait and switch is legit real, the fronteris set actually looks good still. I was very close to grabbing it (I have the old one) but I'm behind on building terrain and have a 3d printer, so I really just can't justify GW terrain prices anymore.

I did go against what I originally said and bought the pariah nexus box. One if my regular online sellers had it for 15% discount so that actually made it worth it since I want every model in it.

Lord Nord

Lord Nord

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 940 posts

I can defend the decision in terms of practicality, if not any other basis - it looks like the new Munitorum set's terrain is simply the contents of two of the repackaged "Battlezone Manufactorum" sets: The Armored Containers box and the Conservators box.

Edited by Lord Nord, 27 February 2021 - 10:27 PM.

I wouldn't even gatekeep you.

Black_Knight

Black_Knight

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,879 posts

I can defend the decision in terms of practicality, if not any other basis - it looks like the new Munitorum set's terrain is simply the contents of two of the repackaged "Battlezone Manufactorum" sets: The Armored Containers box and the Conservators box.

But last year the Conservators box used to have the crane in it... :(

Edited by Black_Knight, 27 February 2021 - 11:14 PM.

Lord Nord

Lord Nord

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 940 posts

But last year the Conservators box used to have the crane in it... sad.png

No, the Galvanic Servohaulers set had the crane (and no Armored Container). The Conservators set is different.

Edited by Lord Nord, 27 February 2021 - 11:57 PM.

I wouldn't even gatekeep you.

SufficientAnonymity

SufficientAnonymity

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 728 posts
  • Faction: Templars, SoBs, Custodes

They've used the wrong pictures again today:

https://www.warhamme...eks-pre-orders/

I'm not usually the first to criticise GW, but this is outrageous. There are links to the shop that direct you to a different and inferior product.

They did the same on their Instagram stories too, well into the day yesterday, and after there had been plenty of opportunities to unschedule those posts after community pushback.

Edited by SufficientAnonymity, 28 February 2021 - 02:54 PM.

Fighting Company Grimaldus: http://www.bolterand...pany-grimaldus/

The Order of the Iron Veil: http://www.bolterand...-the-iron-veil/
Instagram: https://instagram.co...g.for.my.sanity

Twitter: https://twitter.com/SanityPainting

sml_gallery_48988_15094_4327.pngsml_gallery_48988_15094_2322.pngsml_gallery_48988_15094_5489.pngsml_gallery_48988_15094_6481.pnggallery_48988_15094_1684.pnggallery_45765_12339_1203.png

Previous Trophies

Spoiler

AenarIT

AenarIT

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 352 posts
  • Faction: Tau Necrons SM

My local retailer here has the wrong pictures on its online store. GW have probably made available the old ones to retailers as well.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Kill Team game

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users