Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Kill Team - Killzone Expansion Sets

Kill Team game

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
116 replies to this topic

Dark Shepherd

Dark Shepherd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,370 posts
Could the problem be they have nobody in web design working/on call over the weekend*? And warcom peeps dont have the authority or codes or whatever, so this stays up til Monday?
Explanation no excuse btw

*unless theres a major release

Edited by Dark Shepherd, 28 February 2021 - 06:27 PM.

gorg_graggel

gorg_graggel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 66 posts
  • Faction: Salamanders, AdMech

Could the problem be they have nobody in web design working/on call over the weekend*? And warcom peeps dont have the authority or codes or whatever, so this stays up til Monday?
Explanation no excuse btw

*unless theres a major release

If they wouldn't have their heads in the 90's butt still in regards to marketing strategy they could at least acknowledge it and tell people exactly this, but alas...it hasn't occured to them that some transparency is used as good will currency nowadays...people understand that things can go wrong, but don't particularly fancy this kind of dishonesty.

Edited by gorg_graggel, 28 February 2021 - 06:32 PM.

• AenarIT likes this

mithrilforge

mithrilforge

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,446 posts
  • Faction: 40k - Orks & Deldar

Well i checked the Mechanicus one and gee it's not worth it without the ferratonic furnace, i'd be better off getting the alchomite stack by itself (that's the main part of what i wanted)

so a big pass from me...even though they're oop till now  I have enough pipes to drown the imperium in plasma sweat.gif ..

Mithril

• Dark Shepherd likes this

gallery_70393_10089_1851.png gallery_48988_6285_17537.pnggallery_6494_6331_8260.pnggallery_48988_15465_40221.png  gallery_48988_15465_18945.png

MajorNese-  In the grim darkness of the near future, there is only complaints. biggrin.png

Master Sheol

Master Sheol

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,757 posts
It's dissapointing that all three sets seem to have less scenery for a higher price
I want to evaluate better before i get the Fronteris one cause at this point having already one plus the ryza ruins included in the AdMech and GSC killteams and the ones from conquest i could pass and use different mats for 1K points games with ryza ruins scenery

Edited by Master Sheol, 01 March 2021 - 05:51 AM.

“Battles are won by courage, by standing firm in the face of overwhelming adversity, by advancing into certain death when every instinct is screaming at you to turn.”

lhg033

lhg033

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,447 posts

And... again I will be voting with my wallet on this. I was serously considering getting the mechanicus set but without the platforms and furnace no chance. They are what made this kit and gave it the height.

I do not need more of the alcomite stack (other than the domed part). Between sets of renegade and the current kill team set I have several of whatever the vat piece is and I already have a set of pipes. 

I have gone from being excited about getting some of these even with a £10 price hike to now not thinking I will spend anything on them. I still like the Fronteris kit but have a generally bad taste in my mouth over this release now and probably wont get around to getting any of this. 

gallery_20758_7799_19457.jpggallery_21629_2989_32489.gif

Xenith

Xenith

++ NETATOR FEROCIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 12,480 posts

Rarely one to speak on item price, GW really needs to get a grip on its pricing structure. at £40 each, these sold instantly, and probably a great earner. It would make sense just to do that again, rather than change two things at once (price and content). It's purely scientific, messing with two variables at once doesn't let you know which affects the outcome, and it'll cripple the sales of these now and forever - as we know once a price is hiked, never can it diminish. 

Edited by Xenith, 01 March 2021 - 09:48 AM.

• Lucerne, Bryan Blaire, Dark Shepherd and 1 other like this

Halandaar

Halandaar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,346 posts
  • Faction: Pretty much all of them!

Rarely one to speak on item price, GW really needs to get a grip on its pricing structure. at £40 each, these sold instantly, and probably a great earner. It would make sense just to do that again, rather than change two things at once (price and content). It's purely scientific, messing with two variables at once doesn't let you know which affects the outcome, and it'll cripple the sales of these now and forever - as we know once a price is hiked, never can it diminish. 

Sorry to nitpick, but they weren't ever £40, they were £50 (you can see a listing at Element Games for the old version here). Obviously it's still a hefty price increase, but "only" 25%, rather than 50%. 

I'm a bit torn on this now because although I find the combination of a price hike and a reduction in kit size for the Kill Zone sets utterly gross, the only set I was actually interested in (Sector Fronteris) isn't any smaller than it was before, so my original position that i'd be prepared to pay the new price for it still stands. 

• Xenith and beefeb like this

gallery_84244_11417_1545.gifgallery_84244_11417_3775.gifgallery_84244_11417_2850.gifgallery_84244_11417_880.gifgallery_84244_11417_1641.gifgallery_84244_11417_2552.gifgallery_84244_11417_215.png gallery_84244_11417_13317.jpg gallery_84244_11417_22884.png gallery_84244_16660_5008.jpg gallery_84244_11417_13552.pnggallery_84244_11417_4840.png

Black_Knight

Black_Knight

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,879 posts
  • Faction: AdMech, DW, IK, Blood Ravens

If its a good deal for you get it, hopefully if everyone goes and buys the Fronteris one and leave the others, GW will get the message...  I have wanted the Fronteris one since the last time and its seems to be the sameish but no one can tell because GW decided to send out pics that have nothing to do with what you actually get. Because of that I cannot trust even GWs pictures on their website from this stage forward, well done GW.

• Slave to Darkness likes this

gallery_48988_15465_45080.pnggallery_48988_15465_8206.pngETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_01.gif

gorg_graggel

gorg_graggel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 66 posts
And, as predicted, they have stealth edited the 'Pre-order now!' news with the correct images, but no acknowledgement or changing of the other news posts that still contain the old ones.

I won't get any of them either. I planned to get the Mechanicus one and another Fronteris one, but due to their intransparent information politics I won't bother. Even though the Fronteris one might have more plastic (or not) and less unneeded paper/cardboard.

'Luckily' my local FLGS got kind of abandoned (zero communication by GW) this run and they couldn't order me the boxes I had asked them for. So at least we both got spared the awkwardness of having to go back on the order. They also seem to slowly get fed up by GW's shenanigans of favoritism in regards to which LGS gets prefered treatment. So I might have to look for a new one in the near future. Great, more driving around...

ThePenitentOne

ThePenitentOne

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,143 posts
  • Faction: Sisters of Battle

The worst part is the assumptions that can/ will be made by the company:

"Hmmm. Kill Team isn't selling. People must not like Kill Team; maybe we should let it die rather than giving it the same level of support we give to our AoS tie-in games."

Instead of:

"Gee, we only included twelve models and mediocre scenery, and it didn't sell; then we released support boxes with fewer items for higher prices and they didn't sell either. Maybe we should go back to including full kill teams and real scenery in starter box equivalents and put the missing content back into our support boxes."

• mithrilforge, firestorm40k, Dosjetka and 5 others like this

gorg_graggel

gorg_graggel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 66 posts
Nah,I doubt that this will be their takeaway.

They knew full well what they were doing in regards to content and pricing. I assume it is just one last 'hoorah' of the current edition (just like Psychic Awakening was for 8th) to milk the die hards and those who desperately wanted those models in the Pariah box. They did tease the 'next evolution of Kill Team' in the last news article for a reason.

The initial pricing of the app and its business model in general showed me what they must be thinking of the 40k community. 'Those idiots will just gobble up anything with the 40k label or anything adjacent to it. We can do whatever we want.' They really seem to be testing how far they can go.

I'm glad there was enough backlash for them to have to slash the app price. And I hope this one will tank at least a little for them to see that they're slowly reaching the limit of how far people will let them go.

PJ1933

PJ1933

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,179 posts

Did anyone get a response from GW to the emails sent in complaining about box contents? 

They don't seem to be doing themselves any favours with the community right now with some seriously off the wall price hikes on re-issued or repackaged kits

gorg_graggel

gorg_graggel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 66 posts

Did anyone get a response from GW to the emails sent in complaining about box contents?

They don't seem to be doing themselves any favours with the community right now with some seriously off the wall price hikes on re-issued or repackaged kits

A response to that will probably take a few days. It takes them at least a week to reply to actual support issues currently, so I'd assume this will have lower priority.
And the reply people will get will likely be along the lines of 'We take this kind of feedback seriously and I have forwarded this to the appropriate people. Thanks for taking your time to tell us.' At least that's what I got some time ago about a different issue.

I personally don't think the pricing and the contents are that big of an issue here. If people know what they're buying, they can make an informed decision if it is worth it to them. I think their information policy is what is problematic with regards to what looks like false advertizement as long as they don't address it. Although I do hope people take issue beyond this and that it is not worth it to them.

Edited by gorg_graggel, 01 March 2021 - 10:17 PM.

Bryan Blaire

Bryan Blaire

++ EXPLORATOR BIOLOGIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 8,044 posts
  • Faction: Imperium, Chaos, Xenos
I'm going to actually have to see the boxes in store first - if the boards are still the eight-fold boards, then it just isn't as worth it to me. I'd like to have another Fronteris set, and I could always use more plasma conduits (they are just better than the currently offered Manufactorm pipes, IMO), but I don't like the eight fold boards as much as the two quad fold ones I've got - don't know but the quad ones just seem nicer to me - maybe it's just the extra fold crease in there.

Comparing the image shown to my quad fold Mechanicus board from the Kill Team starter, it does look like these are still the eight-fold boards though, the image line should up very, very closely to where the last fold would be on the eight-fold board.
My DA Successor Chapter DIY - Stoneburners: Index Astartes Stoneburners; Images: Stoneburners WiP - DA Forum
Completed Squads: Stoneburners - Hall of Honor Forum
Drakeslayers, Bellicose Monster Hunters of the Fang: Drakeslayers - Space Wolves Forum
Other Material Here (Angels on both sides of the Long War): PCA WiP Forum
gallery_59244_7045_11084.jpggallery_59244_7045_3768.jpggallery_59244_7045_10256.jpg

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,292 posts

I've had an email back acknowledging receipt and that it's been sent to relevant people
Signature not compliant with forum rules.
Hidden Content

MegaVolt87

MegaVolt87

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,884 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors

I think GW knows it can get away with what it does with terrain due to the fact its hard for third parties online to sell it + ship themselves cheaper. Free postage on terrain is quite the incentive to buy from GW direct. GW terrain is also something most LGS don't want to buy a lot of or even stock, taking up shelf space and not being a fast moving commodity compared to other products for tabletop wargaming. 3D printing poses a threat to GW's terrain line more than its miniatures. If you look around, you can find the relevant files for 1:1 copies of smaller GW styled scatter terrain/ smaller terrain pieces already. GW's management of its terrain products is in line with a pure smash and grab of customer wallets for a failing product line. 

• D3L and Dark Shepherd like this
gallery_154982_15362_23624.jpg

My Iron Warriors Project   Guns for the guns god!, Bullets for the Brass throne!

battle captain corpus

battle captain corpus

++ CENTURIO COHORS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,957 posts
  • Faction: Black Legion

These are now up for general release so....

=][= This topic is now closed =][=

BCC

• Black Blow Fly likes this
BCC's Hobby Guide:
- Be Grim Dark not Grim Derp
- Hobby for 15 minutes a day
- Your miniatures are always the best painted in the room
- Game with your heart and don't care about losing
- Make sure your opponent is having fun 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Kill Team game

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users