Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

9th Ed. Wishlist?

• Please log in to reply
291 replies to this topic

jarms48

jarms48

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 180 posts

Yeah I could see conscripts disappearing entirely this time around. Their size has already been cut in half(used to be able to take 60, now it's 30 max, or something like that) and if infantry squads go up to 20....what's the point? They are already practically the same points. And aren't all infantry raw recruits with a 13 second life expectancy anyways? Fluffwise infantry squads are already conscripts is what I'm getting at. There might be blowback from the longbeards, but...who knows, maybe infantry squads will go up to 30man blobs as a way to "meet in the middle".

Then you put vets back in the troops slot, and they become the new infantry squad. And maybe a special rule like with command squads, only one per officer. Otherwise it will just be vet spam all over again. And tempestus scions...can stay as troops as well.

50 not 60. 

Also, Guard troops are taken from the best soldiers of the PDF. They're in no way conscripts. Conscripts in a Guard force means they're in desperate need of additional soldiers. 

• Shamansky and Expendable_Aquanaut like this

Commisar Necros

Commisar Necros

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 112 posts
  • Faction: Astra Militarum

Fluff wise there lots of talk of poorly trained guardsmen and penal legion conscript regiments. For conscripts to work they'd have to have a points drop and stat drop I think. Because now they're just kinda worse than infantry squads. If they move basic squads to 20 or 30 man they lose their place entirely. Conscripts/infantry/veterans are really similar and its hard to distinguish them, both on the field and rules wise. The equipment restrictions are about what you can do without stormtrooper like 4+ armor on vets to further split them apart, but that would keep them firmly in elite territory.

The_Athenian

The_Athenian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Guard

Bring back Attilan Rough Riders from 5th Edition so I have a reason to use my old as heck models! If Krieg gets horses they should be used as well.

• SteveAntilles, Ldorte and jarms48 like this

jarms48

jarms48

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 180 posts

Bring back Attilan Rough Riders from 5th Edition so I have a reason to use my old as heck models! If Krieg gets horses they should be used as well.

Bring back Mogul Kamir as a unique character who gives Rough Riders Obsec when within 6 inch of him!

• Brainpsyk and walter h like this

Brainpsyk

Brainpsyk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 83 posts
  • Faction: Astra Militarum of Cadia

Bring back Mogul Kamir as a unique character who gives Rough Riders Obsec when within 6 inch of him!

We should have a generic 'cavalry' entry, which encompasses Rough Riders, DKoK riders, etc.  Then we can create custom riders, like 'Fenrisian guard' that ride wolves wub.gif

Inquisitor_Lensoven

Inquisitor_Lensoven

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,780 posts
  • Faction: Paenito Angelus, Black Dragons

We should have a generic 'cavalry' entry, which encompasses Rough Riders, DKoK riders, etc. Then we can create custom riders, like 'Fenrisian guard' that ride wolves wub.gif
that invites 3rd party models too much.
GW doesn't seem to support creativity as much as they did once upon a time.
Any unit entry will require them to produce a kit they think will appeal to a wide range of players and thus be profitable
The answer is on the floor -Shihan John Roseberry

Diagramdude

Diagramdude

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 475 posts
With the CA super heavy auxiliary rule, do you spend 3CP on the super heavy aux and then get +2 for a net spend of 1cp? Or do you just gain two CP instead of spending 3CP

sitnam

sitnam

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 655 posts

I think we could see Rough Riders return, but I'd be suprised if they went full-on Hun. I want Tallarn Mukaali to return

Posted Image
The Order of His Amethyst Heart
The Dancing Scythes Chapter

jarms48

jarms48

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 180 posts

With the CA super heavy auxiliary rule, do you spend 3CP on the super heavy aux and then get +2 for a net spend of 1cp? Or do you just gain two CP instead of spending 3CP

Pretty sure it said refunded, just like how a warlord refunds the CP cost of a Patrol/Battalion/Brigade

sairence

sairence

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 814 posts
You effectively spend 3CP and regain 2CP for a net 1CP cost.
  • jarms48 likes this
gallery_30308_9518_8251.png

Excessus

Excessus

++ APPORTO FERMENTUM ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 6,758 posts
  • Faction: Alpha Legion, Thousand Sons
Renegades & Heretics <regiment> :P
  • jarms48 likes this
"Deception IS the point. Any fool can calculate strength. That one has been doing it from the moment he´╗┐ saw us. Now, he has to calculate what he can't see. And fear what he doesn't know."

Alpha Legion Cell #379, Thousand Sons and other friends - The corruption of cell #379
The Serpent's Lair - Alpha Legion Forum
+++ DIU AD BELLI - Legion War! +++ (2017 ETL replacement)

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

sairence

sairence

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 814 posts

Oh yeah, on that note...useful Commissars. XD
  • Brainpsyk, Lord Raven 19 and Commisar Necros like this
gallery_30308_9518_8251.png

duz_

duz_

++ REPREHENSOR FECTUM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,297 posts

Out! :lol: <_<
  • Brainpsyk likes this

jarms48

jarms48

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 180 posts

Renegades & Heretics <regiment> tongue.png

Chaos Space Marine Detachments:
- Lost and the Damned: Replace the Imperium keyword with Chaos, replace the Astra Militarum keyword with Lost and the Damned, replace the <Regiment> keyword with <Mark Of Chaos> and <Legion>. Add Lost and the Damned to the list of Mere Mortals. Lost and the Damned characters may not be given any Artefacts of Chaos and cannot be chosen as your Warlord.

In addition Lost and the Damned Infantry units receive the Chaos Cultists and Traitor Guardsmen keywords.

This was my take on how to bring back the old 3rd edition Lost and the Damned, basically lets you take any <Regiment> units directly in a Chaos Space Marine detachment, as well as being able to work with Traitor Commissars from Black Stone Fortress. It also brings back the old days when Iron Warriors could take Basilisks. 

Not truly Renegades and Heretics, and these rules would need to be adjusted once codex Chaos Space Marines is updated. 

Oh yeah, on that note...useful Commissars. XD

This is my ideas for Commissars: 

Lord Commissars/Yarrick: 

- Increase to 4 attacks base. Makes them more viable as melee units with their power sword, an actual option to upgrade with a power fist or relic. 

- Add ability "I Am Assuming Command". The first time your Warlord is slain, provided they are an Astra Militarum Character, this model can now be nominated as your Warlord. Generate a Warlord trait for them, either the one specified if they are a named character or generate one from them from the Astra Militarum warlord trait table. This would be lore friendly as typically if the units commander is killed a Commissar will take over until a replacement is found.

Commissar:

- Give them carapace armour (4+ save).

- Give them a refractor field (5++ save).

Severina Raine:

- Evanfall: Change Strength characteristic to +1 and add ability; Each time the bearer fights, it can make 1 additional attack with this weapon.

- Give her a refractor field (5++ save).

All Commissars: 

- Summary Execute: The first time an Astra Militarum unit fails a Morale test during the Morale phase whilst it is within 6" of any friendly Commissars, you can execute a model. If you do, one model (or D3 models if it is a unit of Conscripts) of your choice in that unit is slain and the morale test is automatically passed. 

This should make Commissars better at fighting and more survivable than Commanders, while also having great morale buffs.

Edited by jarms48, 14 June 2021 - 11:12 PM.

• SteveAntilles, Inquisitor_Lensoven, Brainpsyk and 4 others like this

jarms48

jarms48

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 180 posts

Just had a good look at the Ad-Mech codex and the FAQ that just dropped for them. I really do think a lot of my suggestions aren't pushing Guard enough to whatever bar GW is aiming for. 

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if our most basic weapons became, partially inspired by both Ad-Mech and Gaunts Ghosts datasheets:

- Lasgun: Rapid Fire 2.

- Lascarbine: Assault 3.

- Laspistol: Pistol 2. 

- Hotshot Lasgun: 24 inch, Rapid Fire 2.

- Hotshot Lascarbine: 18 inch, Assault 3.

- Hotshot Laspistol: 12 inch, Pistol 2. 

With these stats I'd imagine GW would likely remove First Rank Fire, Second Rank Fire because we're getting weapons that essentially have it already built in. Maybe it could be made a stratagem (kinda like Galvanic Volley Fire). 

Edited by jarms48, 01 August 2021 - 10:54 PM.

• walter h, Shamansky, Lord Raven 19 and 1 other like this

Lord Raven 19

Lord Raven 19

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 553 posts

Only problem I have with the above is how to differenciate model wise between lascarbines and lasguns, because the 'updated' cadian kit doesn't come with any new las weapons, so either they're the same, which makes differenciating between them ingame a nightmare if you're taking both, or the kit that was supposed to give all the options immediately is missing one of them.

Lord Raven19

Lord of Deliverence; Scion of Albion; Baron of Camelot; Champion of Mortarion; Lord under Abaddon; Emissary of Szarekh.

Victorus aut Mortis

duz_

duz_

++ REPREHENSOR FECTUM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,297 posts
One of the recent KT DKOK cards had the option for a lasgun to over charge to increase to AP1 at the risk of Hot.
No idea how ap works in new KT or if Hot is the same as gets hot but either way it's an expanded option.

Personally I wouldn't assume whatever the new rules might be are dependant on the current Cadian kit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users