Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

9th Ed. Wishlist?

• Please log in to reply
284 replies to this topic

jarms48

jarms48

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 134 posts

Yeah I could see conscripts disappearing entirely this time around. Their size has already been cut in half(used to be able to take 60, now it's 30 max, or something like that) and if infantry squads go up to 20....what's the point? They are already practically the same points. And aren't all infantry raw recruits with a 13 second life expectancy anyways? Fluffwise infantry squads are already conscripts is what I'm getting at. There might be blowback from the longbeards, but...who knows, maybe infantry squads will go up to 30man blobs as a way to "meet in the middle".

Then you put vets back in the troops slot, and they become the new infantry squad. And maybe a special rule like with command squads, only one per officer. Otherwise it will just be vet spam all over again. And tempestus scions...can stay as troops as well.

50 not 60. 

Also, Guard troops are taken from the best soldiers of the PDF. They're in no way conscripts. Conscripts in a Guard force means they're in desperate need of additional soldiers. 

• Shamansky likes this

Commisar Necros

Commisar Necros

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 82 posts
  • Faction: Astra Militarum

Fluff wise there lots of talk of poorly trained guardsmen and penal legion conscript regiments. For conscripts to work they'd have to have a points drop and stat drop I think. Because now they're just kinda worse than infantry squads. If they move basic squads to 20 or 30 man they lose their place entirely. Conscripts/infantry/veterans are really similar and its hard to distinguish them, both on the field and rules wise. The equipment restrictions are about what you can do without stormtrooper like 4+ armor on vets to further split them apart, but that would keep them firmly in elite territory.

The_Athenian

The_Athenian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Guard

Bring back Attilan Rough Riders from 5th Edition so I have a reason to use my old as heck models! If Krieg gets horses they should be used as well.

• SteveAntilles, Ldorte and jarms48 like this

jarms48

jarms48

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 134 posts

Bring back Attilan Rough Riders from 5th Edition so I have a reason to use my old as heck models! If Krieg gets horses they should be used as well.

Bring back Mogul Kamir as a unique character who gives Rough Riders Obsec when within 6 inch of him!

• Brainpsyk and walter h like this

Brainpsyk

Brainpsyk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 67 posts

Bring back Mogul Kamir as a unique character who gives Rough Riders Obsec when within 6 inch of him!

We should have a generic 'cavalry' entry, which encompasses Rough Riders, DKoK riders, etc.  Then we can create custom riders, like 'Fenrisian guard' that ride wolves wub.gif

Inquisitor_Lensoven

Inquisitor_Lensoven

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,649 posts
  • Faction: Paenito Angelus, Black Dragons

We should have a generic 'cavalry' entry, which encompasses Rough Riders, DKoK riders, etc. Then we can create custom riders, like 'Fenrisian guard' that ride wolves wub.gif
that invites 3rd party models too much.
GW doesn't seem to support creativity as much as they did once upon a time.
Any unit entry will require them to produce a kit they think will appeal to a wide range of players and thus be profitable
The answer is on the floor -Shihan John Roseberry

Diagramdude

Diagramdude

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 470 posts
With the CA super heavy auxiliary rule, do you spend 3CP on the super heavy aux and then get +2 for a net spend of 1cp? Or do you just gain two CP instead of spending 3CP

sitnam

sitnam

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 603 posts

I think we could see Rough Riders return, but I'd be suprised if they went full-on Hun. I want Tallarn Mukaali to return

Posted Image
The Order of His Amethyst Heart
The Dancing Scythes Chapter

jarms48

jarms48

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 134 posts

With the CA super heavy auxiliary rule, do you spend 3CP on the super heavy aux and then get +2 for a net spend of 1cp? Or do you just gain two CP instead of spending 3CP

Pretty sure it said refunded, just like how a warlord refunds the CP cost of a Patrol/Battalion/Brigade

sairence

sairence

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 786 posts
You effectively spend 3CP and regain 2CP for a net 1CP cost.
gallery_30308_9518_8251.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users