Renegades & Heretics <regiment>
Chaos Space Marine Detachments:
- Lost and the Damned: Replace the Imperium keyword with Chaos, replace the Astra Militarum keyword with Lost and the Damned, replace the <Regiment> keyword with <Mark Of Chaos> and <Legion>. Add Lost and the Damned to the list of Mere Mortals. Lost and the Damned characters may not be given any Artefacts of Chaos and cannot be chosen as your Warlord.
In addition Lost and the Damned Infantry units receive the Chaos Cultists and Traitor Guardsmen keywords.
This was my take on how to bring back the old 3rd edition Lost and the Damned, basically lets you take any <Regiment> units directly in a Chaos Space Marine detachment, as well as being able to work with Traitor Commissars from Black Stone Fortress. It also brings back the old days when Iron Warriors could take Basilisks.
Not truly Renegades and Heretics, and these rules would need to be adjusted once codex Chaos Space Marines is updated.
Oh yeah, on that note...useful Commissars. XD
This is my ideas for Commissars:
- Increase to 4 attacks base. Makes them more viable as melee units with their power sword, an actual option to upgrade with a power fist or relic.
- Add ability "I Am Assuming Command". The first time your Warlord is slain, provided they are an Astra Militarum Character, this model can now be nominated as your Warlord. Generate a Warlord trait for them, either the one specified if they are a named character or generate one from them from the Astra Militarum warlord trait table. This would be lore friendly as typically if the units commander is killed a Commissar will take over until a replacement is found.
- Give them carapace armour (4+ save).
- Give them a refractor field (5++ save).
- Evanfall: Change Strength characteristic to +1 and add ability; Each time the bearer fights, it can make 1 additional attack with this weapon.
- Give her a refractor field (5++ save).
- Summary Execute: The first time an Astra Militarum unit fails a Morale test during the Morale phase whilst it is within 6" of any friendly Commissars, you can execute a model. If you do, one model (or D3 models if it is a unit of Conscripts) of your choice in that unit is slain and the morale test is automatically passed.
This should make Commissars better at fighting and more survivable than Commanders, while also having great morale buffs.
Edited by jarms48, 14 June 2021 - 11:12 PM.