Jack Burton's Daemon Express: The Beginning

Jack Burton

I've been playing Sisters of Battle since before some of you were born, most likely.  I've got points upon points of SoBs, and recently a novel thought occurred to me: why not buy something that's not a Sister of Battle?  I know, right?  Sounds ridiculous but hear me out.  I picked up some of Raging Heroes' line of Definitely Not Daemonettes and here is the very beginning of what I hope to be a rather small but coherent Daemon army.

IMG 7358 (2)

IMG 7379 (2)

IMG 7381 (2)

So far I have twenty of these, and some of their Furianns, which maybe could be used as Bloodletters?  Not sure about that but I'm excited to paint something new and figure out a use for it later.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

So I got the Harvester of Flesh from Raging heroes, but I have to say I'm not thrilled with how it came out and I'm not sure why....maybe her main body is just the wrong color or needs more?  Any suggestions on this mini?

Also I was thinking of using it as a Greater Daemon but now I think it's just not big enough....and ideas on what she could be in the army?

IMG 7796

IMG 7797

IMG 7798

IMG 7799

IMG 7800

When you say main body do you mean the torso? I think it might be the strong contrast between that and the lower half and how it forms a hard line. Perhaps mixing up the patchwork with different skin colours can help here, as well as help differentiate between that and the rest of the "legs". As for sizing the base is the main thing when you get models that are this large, as Tallarn says a raised base goes far here and is pretty easy :)

• 3 weeks later...

What a coincidence, I was only thinking about if I should get another KoS for Shalaxi :P Great colours, especially on the claws and robes such a centre piece model needs the attention and colours :tu: When in doubt taking a break or swapping projects is always a good idea as this shows :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all my fellow disciples of the True Gods, I went ahead and did some more work on the Harvester of Flesh.  I blended in the flesh coat up to her torso and I think it looks quite a bit better than before.  I've also though about what to use her as, and she just isn't going to work as a Keeper.  She's too small in frame and her arms and weapons are not even close.  So I was considering her as the Contorted Epitome.  What do you all think of that counts-as?  The base size is right and 'coiled tentacles' seem to match pretty well.

IMG 8148

IMG 8149

IMG 8150

IMG 8151

Ok I'm throwing a lot of minis at the forum right now, but I had both the time and the inspiration to get these painted.  I had this daemon prince done from a while back, but I really wasn't planning to include a prince in any of my Slaanesh daemon lists.  I did have my eyes on a Syll'Esske though, so I picked an unpainted Raging Heroes Herald stand-in and put together this prototype.  How do you like the paint job?  How would you feel seeing this on the table as a Syll'Esske?  Totally ridiculous?  Roll-eyes-but-ok-sure?  Yeah I can see that, it works?

IMG 8153

IMG 8154

IMG 8157

IMG 8158

• 2 weeks later...

Your Syll'Eske stand in doesn't really work for me as:

a )  Syll'Eske is on a smaller base; and

b )  Syll'Eske doesn't have wings.

Neither are such that I wouldn't play against it (though, the larger base gives bigger coverage for the +1 Strength aura), but I feel the model is a much better fit for a demon prince.

The paint job is very nice, though I would quibble that the wings are too close in colour to the ruins.

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui