Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Van Saar, Cawdor, and Xenos Necromunda Projects

van saar cawdor bounty hunters

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Smoke Frog

Smoke Frog

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 134 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars, Orks, Admech

Got my first test mini for my Van Saar gang painted up:

gallery_103048_16933_94434.jpg

gallery_103048_16933_159221.jpg

Now that he is done I can get working on the other nine. List is generally something like this:

4x gangers with Lasguns

2x gangers with Pistols (Plas and Las)

2x gangers with Plasmaguns

1x ganger with Rad Cannon

1x ganger with Las-shotgun

Any of the pistolers/plasmagunners could double as leaders; and the Rad Cannon and shotgun were included because they are just so cool. I am also magnetizing the shield so any of the special weapons can use it.

I have a converted Admech/cawdor gang next in the schute, as well as several xenos bounty-hunters I am collecting from a few different miniatures lines. The first one I painted up right before the Van Saar ganger:

gallery_103048_16933_70923.jpg

He is a Skywing Infiltrator from Reaper minis. Love his little gloves and jetpack biggrin.png

gallery_103048_16933_5799.jpg

Hope you like my start!

Edited by Smoke Frog, 11 April 2021 - 01:06 PM.

• Dosjetka, Bjorn Firewalker, walter h and 1 other like this

Squark

Squark

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,074 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves
That skywing is adorable with his twin DL-44s (Han Solo's gun). You might want the barrel and scope gleam to be a little darker in color, though
  • Smoke Frog likes this

ETL_2014_Banner_V2_03A_Custos_Fidei.jpgETL_2013_03_Custos_Fidei_02.jpg

tangoalphatwo

tangoalphatwo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 482 posts
That van saar in those bright colors isn’t my thing, I always imagined Necromunda dark and gritty, though I absolutely see the 80’ neon punk influence. That said, I think he looks awesome! Keep it up, I am excited to see the others!
  • Smoke Frog likes this

Smoke Frog

Smoke Frog

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 134 posts

Thank you for your kind words!

That van saar in those bright colors isn’t my thing, I always imagined Necromunda dark and gritty, though I absolutely see the 80’ neon punk influence. That said, I think he looks awesome! Keep it up, I am excited to see the others!

They are definitely brighter than I intended. When I started these models I made the conscious decision to not use any washes on the armor parts of the model, and worked up the color with some broad highlights. In the end I like how they turned out, though the are not the most gritty Van Saar with those bubblegum pink shoulder wires biggrin.png

gallery_103048_16933_195829.jpg

The rest of the unit still has a decent amount of work to do, but all the basecoats are finished and they are "playable" if I wanted to get in a game. I will be pausing on them to work on my Cawdor gang a bit, pictures to follow soon.

tangoalphatwo

tangoalphatwo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 482 posts
Congrats dude! They’re awesome. Finishing a gang or unit or army is always satisfying. Congrats again!
  • Smoke Frog likes this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13,771 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
Good job on the models.
  • Smoke Frog likes this
Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)

Warhammer 40,000+ Star Wars- Rian Johnson- Reylo= AWESOME! (Knights of Renaissance)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement) or the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Smoke Frog

Smoke Frog

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 134 posts

Thanks! Always more work to be done.

Went ahead and photographed the WIP status of my Cawdor gang, who are just past the basecoat-and-ugly-wash-stage:

gallery_103048_16933_277002.jpg

Each of the models has some form of kitbash with Adeptus Mechanicus parts leftover from my Ryza force.

gallery_103048_16933_132676.jpg

gallery_103048_16933_36411.jpg

Had fun incorporating extra Admech weapons too, as well as using extra bodies from my Maelstrom's Edge lost infantry. 

gallery_103048_16933_330083.jpg

The admech gang leader and two of his bodyguards/juves:

gallery_103048_16933_60636.jpg

Ganger with the crossbow:

gallery_103048_16933_308134.jpg

gallery_103048_16933_267274.jpg

When you can't afford shoes because you spent all your paycheck on a robot arm:

gallery_103048_16933_334561.jpg

They all need a lot of cleanup, to include base rim, fabric folds, and highlights. Also I need to work on the skin portions. They are just a bone color washed wtih green, but I want to work on that color a bit more too. 

Lots of fun creating this gang and painting them so far with their mismash of oranges biggrin.png

• walter h likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: van saar, cawdor, bounty hunters

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users