Imperial Fists ready to defend the walls.

So as part of the current IF challenge being held in the IF forum i have finished the start of a small Siege of Terra force, and thought i should post it down here for you all.

This army started out as a idea to do a kill-team based on one of the ones in Saturnine (which if you haven't read is great), and i settled on the one lead by Garro. While this plan was a starting point i have soon started adding more models which don't quite fit into a ZM ideology, so the currant plan is to do a 2500 point centurion list and then start adding vehicles, and as such i am currently halfway there with the first 1250 points:

gallery_33945_4970_186188.jpg

Breacher squad 1

gallery_33945_4970_183663.jpg

Breacher squad 2

gallery_33945_4970_174597.jpg

Terminators

gallery_33945_4970_54816.jpg

Dreadnought

gallery_33945_4970_415997.jpg

Apothecary

gallery_33945_4970_441866.jpg

Delegatus

gallery_33945_4970_368389.jpg

Champion

And finally a group shot of them all:

gallery_33945_4970_1259476.jpg

Next up in the painting table is a 15 man Phalanx warder Squad, a 5 man support squad, and Garro himself which will bring it up to 2000 points. After that i will do a 10 man autocannon heavy support squad, and 3 quad rapiers. Following that a Caestus assault ram (for the terminators) a rhino (for the support squad) a defense line (for the heavy support) and a Sicaran Arcus (for the lol's). This will have me at 3000 points if i don't use Garro, and my plan then is to add some White Scars and some Blood Angel allies.

Hope you like them and any comments and criticism is gratefully received.

For Dorn and the Emperor!

Edited by spinitron

Wonderful stuff !  MkIII, boarding shields, dreadnought, studded shoulder pads and grit n grime, all the hallmarks I can enjoy despite the colour hehe, shame I can't double like :)

Mind if I ask where the shields and arms are sourced from please?  Mastercrafted is a great source for spiked shoulder pads!

Seeing your painted dreadnought makes me excited to paint mine. :teehee:

I’m so jealous of both of you having that dreadnought model. And jealous of the painting skills on display here too.

Thanks dude, this was originally part of my old Iron Hands army but when I sold it I kept a few bits and this was one of them, along with two standard MKIV ones which I will also repaint at some point. Such a shame they stopped doing these as they were lovely models especially all the legion specific ones.

Wonderful stuff !  MkIII, boarding shields, dreadnought, studded shoulder pads and grit n grime, all the hallmarks I can enjoy despite the colour hehe, shame I can't double like :smile.:

Mind if I ask where the shields and arms are sourced from please?  Mastercrafted is a great source for spiked shoulder pads!

Thank you so much! The shields are from Pop Goes The Monkey, they’ve got a couple of different versions and sizes.

The arms are standard GW plastic ones but altered quite a bit. The left arms are just the plastic storm shield arms just trimmed to fit the new shields. With the right arms I had to do a few conversions which included swapping the thunder hammer head for the head from the limited edition FW praetor, taking a right handed lightning claw and trimming all the claw bits off before adding a chainfist cut from a left handed powerfist, and with the axes crafting the heads out of plastic card and attaching them to trimmed down thunder hammer shafts. Quite a lot of work which isn’t really noticeable but I’m happy I did it.

So continuing on with this force i have base-coated the next 20 models for this army. As i already have two squads of Breachers i can now add a 15 man unity of Phalanx Warders to my troop slots, as i will be playing using Stone Gauntlet. Alongside this i am adding a five man support squad who will be armed with either meltaguns or plasma depending on what i am planning on doing with them. I have also made a start on Garro but don't have a photo of him. Once these are all done i will have a 2000 point force for Zone Mortalis, or Centurion rules.

gallery_33945_4970_273671.jpg

At the same time (because i like/hate painting in batches) i have started on two slightly different items which are also IF based. First we have a larger scale bust:

gallery_33945_4970_120773.jpg

and then a 1:10,000 scale Battle Fleet Gothic Sword class frigate:

gallery_33945_4970_173114.jpg

which for some reason looks a slightly different colour but is in fact the same as the others!

Anyway as always comments and criticism is welcome. Cheers!

Great stuff!

Feels like there is at least three IF projects put there that make me rethink my colour and stylistic choices.

Where is the bust from? I saw these around on facebook I think

I am constantly re-evaluating my colour choice especially as i have made it so complicated, and the are a lot of easer better looking ones out there. This is the way!

As for the bust i picked it up of a guy over on Facebook as you guessed, i would say who but as GW are quite C&D at the moment i don't want to link them up in a public forum (the guy who made the BFG ship had to stop this week sadly). Sorry!

Great stuff!

Feels like there is at least three IF projects put there that make me rethink my colour and stylistic choices.

Where is the bust from? I saw these around on facebook I think

I am constantly re-evaluating my colour choice especially as i have made it so complicated, and the are a lot of easer better looking ones out there. This is the way!

As for the bust i picked it up of a guy over on Facebook as you guessed, i would say who but as GW are quite C&D at the moment i don't want to link them up in a public forum (the guy who made the BFG ship had to stop this week sadly). Sorry!

Jeah I chose the vince venturella recipe and it takes me a AGES to get anything yellow. Theres a bunch if cool recipes out there that go WAY faster.

Then again I feel like I learn a lot about airbrushing this and like the look. So there is that .

Boooo! At the C&Ds

• 1 year later...

Copying my post from the IF forum so that the pictures are all here as well.

Scrapping in at the last minute my vow is done! As well as the original models pledged (Caestus Assault Ram, 5 Tactical Marines, 10 Heavy Support Marines, and a Aegis Defence Line) I picked up Fafnir Rann a little while again, so I have added him in as well. Really happy with these and it brings my army to 4K in total (at some point I will get pictures of it all together) and this means it is done. Just in time for a new edition to invalidate half of it…

Anyway enough of the chat, here are the pictures which is all anybody really wants to see!

gallery_33945_4970_495635.jpeg

Fafnir Rann and the Tacticals

gallery_33945_4970_683366.jpeg

Heavy Support and the Aegis

gallery_33945_4970_129785.jpeg

Caestus Assault Ram (such a beautiful model, really hope they rerelease it)

gallery_33945_4970_254745.jpeg

And everything all together!

Edited by spinitron

Outstanding work and the visual proof that nice pauntjob does wonders. That and using HH poweraxes on Rann and not those comic ones.

THank’s! Wasn’t happy with the axes or some of the bling on him so removed it. Also I suck at painting skin so a helmet was the obvious choice