Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Imperial Fists ready to defend the walls.

Imperial Fists Siege of Terra 30k

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

spinitron

spinitron

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 99 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard

So as part of the current IF challenge being held in the IF forum i have finished the start of a small Siege of Terra force, and thought i should post it down here for you all.

This army started out as a idea to do a kill-team based on one of the ones in Saturnine (which if you haven't read is great), and i settled on the one lead by Garro. While this plan was a starting point i have soon started adding more models which don't quite fit into a ZM ideology, so the currant plan is to do a 2500 point centurion list and then start adding vehicles, and as such i am currently halfway there with the first 1250 points:

gallery_33945_4970_186188.jpg

Breacher squad 1

gallery_33945_4970_183663.jpg

Breacher squad 2

gallery_33945_4970_174597.jpg

Terminators

gallery_33945_4970_54816.jpg

Dreadnought

gallery_33945_4970_415997.jpg

Apothecary

gallery_33945_4970_441866.jpg

Delegatus

gallery_33945_4970_368389.jpg

Champion

And finally a group shot of them all:

gallery_33945_4970_1259476.jpg

Next up in the painting table is a 15 man Phalanx warder Squad, a 5 man support squad, and Garro himself which will bring it up to 2000 points. After that i will do a 10 man autocannon heavy support squad, and 3 quad rapiers. Following that a Caestus assault ram (for the terminators) a rhino (for the support squad) a defense line (for the heavy support) and a Sicaran Arcus (for the lol's). This will have me at 3000 points if i don't use Garro, and my plan then is to add some White Scars and some Blood Angel allies.

Hope you like them and any comments and criticism is gratefully received.

For Dorn and the Emperor!

Edited by spinitron, 08 March 2021 - 09:19 AM.

• Brother Tyler, Azaiel, Noserenda and 21 others like this

gallery_21629_1792_12867.gifgallery_45765_12339_61967.png

battle captain corpus

battle captain corpus

++ CENTURIO COHORS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,961 posts
  • Faction: Black Legion

Great job! The blood is spot on as well, nice and minimal just to enhance the minis not detract from them. Lovely!

BCC

• spinitron likes this
BCC's Hobby Guide:
- Be Grim Dark not Grim Derp
- Hobby for 15 minutes a day
- Your miniatures are always the best painted in the room
- Game with your heart and don't care about losing
- Make sure your opponent is having fun 

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,909 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment
Really, really well done!
  • spinitron likes this

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

Gorgoff

Gorgoff

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,342 posts
  • Faction: IVth Legion

Awesome work.

• spinitron likes this
Bring back Psycho Dad!
gallery_48988_10980_12646.png

Pearson73

Pearson73

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,295 posts
  • Faction: Iron Hands Legion

Really solid work on these chaps, I particularly like all the gore and grime. The Apothecary really looks the business.

• spinitron likes this

Jareddm

Jareddm

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,251 posts

Studded terminator pauldrons! eek.gif

Gorgoff

Gorgoff

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,342 posts
  • Faction: IVth Legion

I'd give it another like, if I could.

Those terminators look ace. The studded shoulderpads, the shields- great work.

Seeing your painted dreadnought makes me excited to paint mineteehee.gif

• spinitron likes this
Bring back Psycho Dad!
gallery_48988_10980_12646.png

Bung

Bung

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 886 posts

Studded terminator pauldrons! eek.gif

Have look at Pop goes the Monkey for such bits. At least the shields are from that shop.

Hfran Morkai

Hfran Morkai

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,579 posts
  • Faction: Space wolves
Glorious!

Love the Dreadnought especially! Such a good model.
  • spinitron likes this
QUOTE (A D-B @ Jan 10 2011, 12:45 PM)
THE CUSTODIANS AREN'T PSYCHIC OH MY GOD I HATE YOU MIKAL.

gallery_24878_5332_45982.jpg

DigestPantheon

DigestPantheon

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 11 posts

I really like the blood and gore on their shields, it looks great.

• spinitron likes this

spinitron

spinitron

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 99 posts

Thanks everybody! The studded shoulder pads are from a small company called Master Crafted Miniatures who can be found at mastercrafted.co.uk give them a look as they have some other equally excellent bits?

• Gorgoff likes this

Mogsam

Mogsam

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 361 posts
  • Faction: Emperors Children, Salamanders
These are nice! Love the flamestorm choice!

I noticed master crafted last week and should have some decals coming this week!

Prim

Prim

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 47 posts
Those Fists look fantastic. Really nice work on all of them, from the bases to the weathering.

Marshal Vespasian

Marshal Vespasian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,419 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars
Saw them on fb, great stuff!
Proper gritty.
I like the amount of blacks you have added to break up the yellows

Edited by Marshal Vespasian, 09 March 2021 - 05:07 AM.

uqpKirY.jpgsml_gallery_48988_16053_22483.png

LameBeard

LameBeard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 371 posts

Seeing your painted dreadnought makes me excited to paint mine. teehee.gif

I’m so jealous of both of you having that dreadnought model. And jealous of the painting skills on display here too.

infyrana

infyrana

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,803 posts

Wonderful stuff !  MkIII, boarding shields, dreadnought, studded shoulder pads and grit n grime, all the hallmarks I can enjoy despite the colour hehe, shame I can't double like :)

Mind if I ask where the shields and arms are sourced from please?  Mastercrafted is a great source for spiked shoulder pads!

gallery_51316_15965_6348.pnggallery_51316_15965_21147.png

spinitron

spinitron

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 99 posts

Seeing your painted dreadnought makes me excited to paint mine. teehee.gif

I’m so jealous of both of you having that dreadnought model. And jealous of the painting skills on display here too.

Thanks dude, this was originally part of my old Iron Hands army but when I sold it I kept a few bits and this was one of them, along with two standard MKIV ones which I will also repaint at some point. Such a shame they stopped doing these as they were lovely models especially all the legion specific ones.

Wonderful stuff !  MkIII, boarding shields, dreadnought, studded shoulder pads and grit n grime, all the hallmarks I can enjoy despite the colour hehe, shame I can't double like smile.png

Mind if I ask where the shields and arms are sourced from please?  Mastercrafted is a great source for spiked shoulder pads!

Thank you so much! The shields are from Pop Goes The Monkey, they’ve got a couple of different versions and sizes.

The arms are standard GW plastic ones but altered quite a bit. The left arms are just the plastic storm shield arms just trimmed to fit the new shields. With the right arms I had to do a few conversions which included swapping the thunder hammer head for the head from the limited edition FW praetor, taking a right handed lightning claw and trimming all the claw bits off before adding a chainfist cut from a left handed powerfist, and with the axes crafting the heads out of plastic card and attaching them to trimmed down thunder hammer shafts. Quite a lot of work which isn’t really noticeable but I’m happy I did it.

• infyrana and LameBeard like this

Brother Pheidias

Brother Pheidias

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,526 posts

These are fantastic, up there with the best of Dorns' sons!

• spinitron likes this

spinitron

spinitron

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 99 posts

So continuing on with this force i have base-coated the next 20 models for this army. As i already have two squads of Breachers i can now add a 15 man unity of Phalanx Warders to my troop slots, as i will be playing using Stone Gauntlet. Alongside this i am adding a five man support squad who will be armed with either meltaguns or plasma depending on what i am planning on doing with them. I have also made a start on Garro but don't have a photo of him. Once these are all done i will have a 2000 point force for Zone Mortalis, or Centurion rules.

gallery_33945_4970_273671.jpg

At the same time (because i like/hate painting in batches) i have started on two slightly different items which are also IF based. First we have a larger scale bust:

gallery_33945_4970_120773.jpg

and then a 1:10,000 scale Battle Fleet Gothic Sword class frigate:

gallery_33945_4970_173114.jpg

which for some reason looks a slightly different colour but is in fact the same as the others!

Anyway as always comments and criticism is welcome. Cheers!

• Marshal Vespasian, LameBeard, Denton25 and 1 other like this

Marshal Vespasian

Marshal Vespasian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,419 posts
Great stuff!
Feels like there is at least three IF projects put there that make me rethink my colour and stylistic choices.
Where is the bust from? I saw these around on facebook I think

Edited by Marshal Vespasian, 18 March 2021 - 07:56 PM.

spinitron

spinitron

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 99 posts

Great stuff!
Feels like there is at least three IF projects put there that make me rethink my colour and stylistic choices.

I am constantly re-evaluating my colour choice especially as i have made it so complicated, and the are a lot of easer better looking ones out there. This is the way!

As for the bust i picked it up of a guy over on Facebook as you guessed, i would say who but as GW are quite C&D at the moment i don't want to link them up in a public forum (the guy who made the BFG ship had to stop this week sadly). Sorry!

Marshal Vespasian

Marshal Vespasian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,419 posts

Great stuff!

I am constantly re-evaluating my colour choice especially as i have made it so complicated, and the are a lot of easer better looking ones out there. This is the way!

As for the bust i picked it up of a guy over on Facebook as you guessed, i would say who but as GW are quite C&D at the moment i don't want to link them up in a public forum (the guy who made the BFG ship had to stop this week sadly). Sorry!

Jeah I chose the vince venturella recipe and it takes me a AGES to get anything yellow. Theres a bunch if cool recipes out there that go WAY faster.
Then again I feel like I learn a lot about airbrushing this and like the look. So there is that .

Boooo! At the C&Ds
  • spinitron likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Imperial Fists, Siege of Terra, 30k

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users