Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[BC]: Magellan's Devils (OOC Thread).

Black Crusade Traitors RPG Magnus Did Nothing Wrong Fan Club OOC

• Please log in to reply
1419 replies to this topic

Necronaut

Necronaut

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 348 posts
  • Faction: Adeptus Mechanicus

Well, Broken Chains does give the Party a common cause in the fact you all start as prisoners, covered only by a loincloth and armed with foul language.

MR.

Well, at least I do not have to worry about selecting equipment much....
Then afain, this time I have to worry about what he looks without it :P

The prison thing does ease getting the party together though

Most of my favorite adventures, regardless of system, have started off with my character naked and in a cage with nothing to his name.

Trokair

Trokair

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,586 posts

Most of my favorite adventures, regardless of system, have started off with my character naked and in a cage with nothing to his name.

Yes, indeed.

Spoiler

Edited by Trokair, 13 March 2021 - 09:08 PM.

My Assorted Projects
Facing the Unknown , Facing the Unknown II

Be advised, that unprotected Warp exposure is not covered by Travel Insurance.  Imperial Space-lines is indemnified against all losses of soul, internal organs, external organs, undeclared organs, Psyber-organs, Ecclesiarchy Pipe Organs, or carry-on luggage.  Passengers are advised to keep all limbs inside the superstructure at all times.  No Warranty or Buybacks are available on this Line.  Please be respectful, no foul language.

Necronaut

Necronaut

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 348 posts
Oh another idea I just remembered:

Renegade Iron Hand (chosen or forsaken) who was found drifting in space by Dark Mechanicus and revived to wage war in the name of the (dark) Omnissiah.

Mazer Rackham

Mazer Rackham

++ SCLOPETATOR SIMULAMINIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 3,547 posts

Oh you select gear, it just gets taken off you.

I hope with the new information this doesn't lead to a hand-drawn Tinder profile! :P

Spoiler

Ok, joking aside, how about this - the party are the whittled down survivors of a big blag in a sector somewhere where some Inspiring Leader manages to persuade everyone that there's a big treasure, lots of loot, slaves, gear, special crystals that melt on your tongue - whatever.

Unfortunately, the Imperium decides they don't like this very much and beats everyone up.  The Lord flees with the goods, leaving you without transport off-world.  A dwindling crew of survivors, you get closer over the course of sieges, hit-and-runs, street fighting, and are killed off in batches, with the PC's captured individually over the course of several weeks.  The Imperium re-takes the planet and a Lord Inquisitor of the Hereticus pulls strings to get you aboard the prison ship.  When you wake up, you know each other from the experience, so there's a little friction, but otherwise, being from different warbands and legions doesn't matter.

You are the Survivors.

Thoughts?

Oh Necronaut, the bike thing - I'm tempted to agree to that (should we proceed) but only on the condition that the bike is sentient and vampiric, and you have to power it with your life force, no matter how much fuel you put in it.  Either one of your hands or feet MUST be bare so the bike will function.

MR.

• Trokair, TechCaptain and Necronaut like this

Necronaut

Necronaut

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 348 posts
Uh very yes to the sentient (daemonic?) bike!
  • Mazer Rackham likes this

Mazer Rackham

Mazer Rackham

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 3,547 posts

Combined with:

Uh very yes to the sentient (daemonic?) bike!

Equals:

Hmmm.....

MR.

• Necronaut likes this

Necronaut

Necronaut

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 348 posts
Praise Slaanesh bro
  • Steel Company likes this

Mazer Rackham

Mazer Rackham

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 3,547 posts

That vampire bike only comes with bolters though - no melta or plasma.

MR.

• TechCaptain and Necronaut like this

Necronaut

Necronaut

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 348 posts
A fair trade

Steel Company

Steel Company

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,936 posts
Doing a quick look at the classes, I'm thinking I'd like to rock the following:

Champion

Command
Scholastic lore (any one)
Charm
Intimidate

Iron Discipline
Air of authority
Lesser minion of chaos (cultist)

What do you think MR?
To all you Space Wolf Players... Its called a Razor and the Soap isn't a Daemon.
--Dremen

The Iron Hands, they are the real emo marines. Seriously. The Dark Angels aren't the ones who sit around cutting off bits of themselves, wearing black, and complaining about weakness and ennui...

--Octavulg

Ancient_Sobek

Ancient_Sobek

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 87 posts
  • Faction: Salamanders, 5th co.

Wish I could, but I don’t have access to the rule book.

Mazer Rackham

Mazer Rackham

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 3,547 posts

I've spoken to the RPG Nook vets and they're prepared to go all in, so I'm going to pull some of the restrictions.

As they say in certain quarters "censored.gif it - we'll do it live!"

I'll revise the initial post, but now we're at this point:

Interested Players:

Steel Company 

Xin Ceithan

Llagos_Tyrant

Trokair

Grailkeeper

TechCaptain

Necronaut

Ancient_Sobek

That's double the players I envisioned, but ok. biggrin.png

Steel - with regards to your Minion - TechCaptain said he was interested in a Mechanicus type Mortal, and your Minion gives us an opportunity to fit this in.  Could we drop him in as your minion or otherwise follower?  What do you guys think about that?

With your Champion, I'll skim the choices just so I know what he's capable of, but on his build, my instinct (and our mutual experience) says it's not a problem, so looks fine. thumbsup.gif

I think what we'll do is our first posts will be leading up to your capture, so I'll put together a setting and we can take it from there, but it will likely be based on "A Bridge Too Far" where the British Paras are being encircled and cut off by the German troops, so city-fight against numerically superior odds.

Thoughts?

MR.

• Trokair and TechCaptain like this

Xin Ceithan

Xin Ceithan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,846 posts
  • Faction: The Obsidian Coil, XXth Legio

“We ‘re Airborne. We need to be boxed in.”  :P

or Space Marines , for that matter.

I’d like to look  at a  to have a more upbeat character this time around. So it’s good we are limited to the core book types and there is no siren call to put in a foul mouthed Warpsmith. ;)

I am toying with a sort of jovial blade dancer / wandering blade here looking for a challenge. Outside of combat he travels with an entourage of cultist / servo thrills who carry his stuff and blast out his praise and exploits to everyone (think Sigvald in Space ). Might be WS / successor but anything works 

Or a Mischievous Raptor who likes to ply with his prey... maybe a former Apothecary who can check up on his prey ,,,uh,,patients...from above and sets off to collect  supplies and spare specimens in between...

on that regard I always tinkered the idea of burgle aligned ex Mantis Warrior who is touring the galaxy to find the most beautiful and toxic plants and life forms.  

or I might go the easy way and have a boastful space viking out for plunder and a stiff drink from Skyrar Dark Wolves... and have an excuse to deface the new Ragnar model :P

Call_of_Chaos_7_Banner_01c.jpgCall_of_Chaos_9_Banner_01b.jpg

Steel Company

Steel Company

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,936 posts
Sounds good to me CM, if Tech is on board with it.

Xin, I know that phrase, rather well.
To all you Space Wolf Players... Its called a Razor and the Soap isn't a Daemon.
--Dremen

The Iron Hands, they are the real emo marines. Seriously. The Dark Angels aren't the ones who sit around cutting off bits of themselves, wearing black, and complaining about weakness and ennui...

--Octavulg

Mazer Rackham

Mazer Rackham

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 3,547 posts

Okay gang - the big question:

Pre-Cicatrix, or Post-Cicatrix?

I could do both if you wanted, where you guys are frozen for 1000 years and wake up in the new world order...

That would give me Primaris Marines to beat you up, and Roboute Guilliman for you to take down...? (Long term)

MR.

Necronaut

Necronaut

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 348 posts
Pre-cicatrix gets my vote

Edit: but I would play in either

Edited by Necronaut, 14 March 2021 - 02:01 PM.

Steel Company

Steel Company

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,936 posts

In regards to the build, I'm setting up, I'm trying to build him towards having a cult of underlings to get a real black crusade rolling, maybe with a long-term goal of usurping the current Warmaster or getting to the status of a Prince of Chaos undivided.

--Dremen

--Octavulg

Mazer Rackham

Mazer Rackham

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 3,547 posts

@ Steel, I thought you might :)

Since this is our timeline, anything is possible.

Necro, cheers, gives me room.  Anyone else got any views on Pre/Post Cicatrix?

MR.

Steel Company

Steel Company

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,936 posts
:)

Well it's going to be challenge trying to stay undivided, maybe dipping in just enough to get a reward or four from each God.
--Dremen

--Octavulg

Mazer Rackham

Mazer Rackham

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 3,547 posts

Beware the attention of the Dark Gods - for they are fickle and treacherous, and I love offering players Faustian Bargains! devil.gif

MR.

• Necronaut likes this

Steel Company

Steel Company

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,936 posts
Perfect! I want something challenging and well, it wouldn't be a BC game with out faustian bargains.
--Dremen

--Octavulg

Trokair

Trokair

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,586 posts
I am fine with either pre or post, though post may give me a cruel and nasty narrative option for my character if MR will accept it that is.
My Assorted Projects
Facing the Unknown , Facing the Unknown II

Be advised, that unprotected Warp exposure is not covered by Travel Insurance.  Imperial Space-lines is indemnified against all losses of soul, internal organs, external organs, undeclared organs, Psyber-organs, Ecclesiarchy Pipe Organs, or carry-on luggage.  Passengers are advised to keep all limbs inside the superstructure at all times.  No Warranty or Buybacks are available on this Line.  Please be respectful, no foul language.

Mazer Rackham

Mazer Rackham

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 3,547 posts

I am out of likes for you all.

Instead, please accept this.

Spoiler

MR.

• Ancient_Sobek and Necronaut like this

grailkeeper

grailkeeper

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 877 posts
  • Faction: Vylka Fenrika

If there are too many players it might be interesting to make player killing a feature,not a bug. For examle 8 players but only 4 seats o the escape shuttle. The players have to co-operate to get to it, but also eliminate each other to guarantee a place on it. Anyone who obviously takes out another PC is a threat so the others might gang up on them. Interesting style of prisoners dilemma, where sneakiness helps.

Down side is a campaign based on a complete lack of trust might be difficult to do long term.

• TechCaptain and Necronaut like this

Mazer Rackham

Mazer Rackham

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 3,547 posts

Player Murder is always a possibility, but I'm hoping everyone's character is intelligent enough to realise it can be done right back.

Once our merry band of windowmakers is solidified, I'll be asking you all to read over a couple of T&C's, which are a staple of every Black Crusade game I run.  On the B&C this is a family-friendly board, so I have a lot less to worry about, but it's important to set the tone and goals going forward.

In a conversation I was having elsewhere, this is why I think we want Index Traitoris types; Renegades, not Chaos Space Marines with 10,000 years of being eEEeeeEEEViIIiiiiIlllLLl!

(Ugh, Comic Sans.)

It depends on what you want form the game, and what your expectations are, which might be a good prompt for people to give me an idea of this now.

MR.

• grailkeeper and TechCaptain like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Black Crusade, Traitors, RPG, Magnus Did Nothing Wrong Fan Club, OOC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users