Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[BC]: Magellan's Devils (OOC Thread).

Black Crusade Traitors RPG Magnus Did Nothing Wrong Fan Club OOC

• Please log in to reply
1039 replies to this topic

Petragor

Petragor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 377 posts
  • Faction: Adeptus Mechanicus

I’m guessing it will be my turn soon? If 6 Inquisitorial Troopers can take out a Space Marine, what will I be facing? PDF armed with knives? A particularly agressive cat?
But in all seriousness @MR , remember that I have a conversion field with Protection 50 and an overload of 1-15. You should just roll that against every attack that hits me until it overloads once the combat starts.

Honestly since us being captured is a main objective at the moment and that Astartes was injured and cornered in the first place it works. What could be an interesting challenge to you Petragor is come up with believable ways you can be defeated without being killed to suggest to Mazer.

That is what I have been doing with my stuff besides I want an advantage in that phase.

My main thoughts on why Ollkyrax would be captured is that right before being executed, he promises to rat out Scairp if he is captured instead, so if that's what you want...

• Mazer Rackham, Ancient_Sobek and Necronaut like this

TechCaptain

TechCaptain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 686 posts
  • Faction: Imperials
Interesting ratting out your main source of being able to escape but it would create conflict between us if Scairp found out but not much worse he has been doing to Battlesmith lol.
  • Mazer Rackham, Ancient_Sobek and Petragor like this
Signature not compliant with forum rules.
Hidden Content

Petragor

Petragor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 377 posts

Interesting ratting out your main source of being able to escape but it would create conflict between us if Scairp found out but not much worse he has been doing to Battlesmith lol.

Desperate times call for desperate measures... And Ollkyrax has a few plans of his own for securing an escape.

• TechCaptain likes this

Mazer Rackham

Mazer Rackham

++ SCLOPETATOR SIMULAMINIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 3,377 posts

I’m guessing it will be my turn soon? If 6 Inquisitorial Troopers can take out a Space Marine, what will I be facing? PDF armed with knives? A particularly agressive cat?

But in all seriousness @MR , remember that I have a conversion field with Protection 50 and an overload of 1-15. You should just roll that against every attack that hits me until it overloads once the combat starts.

To be fair, Necro was up against a few tricks there.  It's harder to stop multiple, competent individuals as opposed to a Horde, and with the Stormies being Elite Class they should never be a Horde, as that's an amateur move.

Conversion Field.  Got it.  Players are right to remind me of this, because I can't remember everything...!

Honestly since us being captured is a main objective at the moment and that Astartes was injured and cornered in the first place it works. What could be an interesting challenge to you Petragor is come up with believable ways you can be defeated without being killed to suggest to Mazer.

That is what I have been doing with my stuff besides I want an advantage in that phase.

An advantage against the GM?  I like your moxie. smile.png

In players giving me ideas, yes that's fine, as it speeds it up and what not, but otherwise, I have plenty of ideas myself.  It's just inserting them at the right time so the narrative isn't broken.

Ok, I finally finished Haasek and crew's opening exploits. Hopefully you guys will enjoy this last part.

http://www.bolterand...read/?p=5686878

A very good read, well executed sir!

I am sure your friendly local Inquisitor will be glad to pull you from the wreckage...

msn-wink.gif

Pretty sure everyone is a suspect where the Inquisition is concerned lol

This fella gets it! biggrin.png

MR.

EDIT:  One under the gun, and another under the thumb.

Edited by Mazer Rackham, 14 April 2021 - 12:27 PM.

Indexes: IA: Scions of Gehenna IA: White Paladins

"Heroes are made of glass."

- Graham M

Petragor

Petragor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 377 posts

@MR I assume I still have my Strife-Servitor minion with me? Or does it get shot up too?

Mazer Rackham

Mazer Rackham

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 3,377 posts

It's sitting there, chugging away happily oblivious to the heavy firepower trying to splatter you.  It is 20 metres to your right.

MR.

EDIT: I've added more direction and another option in the IC post.

Edited by Mazer Rackham, 14 April 2021 - 12:42 PM.

- Graham M

Petragor

Petragor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 377 posts
Good, in that case I have an idea... will post in IC ASAP

Edited by Petragor, 14 April 2021 - 12:43 PM.

Petragor

Petragor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 377 posts
Posted, part of me wanted to just escape through the ducts, but that would be boring so I came up with a couple story reasons not to. Waiting in suspense to see what this thing is...

Ancient_Sobek

Ancient_Sobek

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 81 posts
  • Faction: Salamanders, 5th co.

@MR I have one more small post and then you can sick the dogs on me so to speak. Lol

edit: I just read your post in the IC thread. No worries. I will craft my last update to line up with his capture as you have written. 

Edited by Ancient_Sobek, 14 April 2021 - 01:57 PM.

TechCaptain

TechCaptain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 686 posts

Couple things, it wasn't advantage against the GM, it was advantage against the worshippers of the Corpse God. Secondly am I just going to be a follow up piece since Scairp is in the Factorum technically but I wasn't in this latest update? 

Otherwise great writings all around to wake up to. 

Edit: Hopefully whatever is attacking battlesmith is actually and aggressive Cat aka Felinid because that is just funny. hehe

Edited by TechCaptain, 14 April 2021 - 04:14 PM.

Hidden Content

Petragor

Petragor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 377 posts

Couple things, it wasn't advantage against the GM, it was advantage against the worshippers of the Corpse God. Secondly am I just going to be a follow up piece since Scairp is in the Factorum technically but I wasn't in this latest update?

Otherwise great writings all around to wake up to.

Edit: Hopefully whatever is attacking battlesmith is actually and aggressive Cat aka Felinid because that is just funny. hehe

Unfortunately, MR has specifically stated it’s not a cat. A tragic day for comedians everywhere...

Mazer Rackham

Mazer Rackham

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 3,377 posts

@MR I have one more small post and then you can sick the dogs on me so to speak. Lol

edit: I just read your post in the IC thread. No worries. I will craft my last update to line up with his capture as you have written. 

Much appreciated, Sobek.  I hope it was alright?  Let me know if you need an edit for better narrative coherence.  Not a problem.

[SNIP] It wasn't advantage against the GM, it was advantage against the worshippers of the Corpse God. Secondly am I just going to be a follow up piece since Scairp is in the Factorum technically but I wasn't in this latest update? [SNIP]

I appreciate the distinction! tongue.png

Aren't you in different parts of the factorum though?  It's a big zone and I thought you were in the process of meeting him?

Unfortunately, MR has specifically stated it’s not a cat. A tragic day for comedians everywhere...

*Nods sagely*

MR.

• TechCaptain and Ancient_Sobek like this

- Graham M

Steel Company

Steel Company

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,869 posts

I'm looking forward to the next part and seeing how the jail will work with an Astartes or two that can spit acid. msn-wink.gif

Also as an aside, Olivia would do her level best to sit near the K.O.'ed Sev in the Rhino, but not put up any fight from the troopers if they won't let her.

• Mazer Rackham and Necronaut like this
To all you Space Wolf Players... Its called a Razor and the Soap isn't a Daemon.
--Dremen

The Iron Hands, they are the real emo marines. Seriously. The Dark Angels aren't the ones who sit around cutting off bits of themselves, wearing black, and complaining about weakness and ennui...

--Octavulg

Mazer Rackham

Mazer Rackham

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 3,377 posts

I'm looking forward to the next part and seeing how the jail will work with an Astartes or two that can spit acid. msn-wink.gif

Also as an aside, Olivia would do her level best to sit near the K.O.'ed Sev in the Rhino, but not put up any fight from the troopers if they won't let her.

Everybody in the Rhino is nearest Sev, the dude is a big silver sack of spuds on the floor tongue.png

MR.

Edited by Mazer Rackham, 14 April 2021 - 06:12 PM.

• Steel Company likes this

- Graham M

Steel Company

Steel Company

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,869 posts

That he is, but based on her history with Sev, he's almost like a security blanket for her at this point. She knows he's always been there to save her backside when she needed it.

• Mazer Rackham likes this
To all you Space Wolf Players... Its called a Razor and the Soap isn't a Daemon.
--Dremen

The Iron Hands, they are the real emo marines. Seriously. The Dark Angels aren't the ones who sit around cutting off bits of themselves, wearing black, and complaining about weakness and ennui...

--Octavulg

Mazer Rackham

Mazer Rackham

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 3,377 posts

And she, for all her frail mortality, may well save his.

Hint, hint.

MR.

• Steel Company and Ancient_Sobek like this

- Graham M

Steel Company

Steel Company

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,869 posts

As much as rule wise she is subservient to him, from a story perspective I see them more as partners in saving each other's lives, repeatedly.

• Mazer Rackham and Ancient_Sobek like this
--Dremen

--Octavulg

Mazer Rackham

Mazer Rackham

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 3,377 posts

*Demands you ignore the scribbling of notes.*

MR.

• Steel Company and Ancient_Sobek like this

- Graham M

Petragor

Petragor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 377 posts

Alright, my post's OOC section has been prettied up a little, I'll go to bed and await the results of Ollkyrax' actions.

By the way @MR, can I look at the rolls for the thing attacking me when you make them, or is that cheating?

Mazer Rackham

Mazer Rackham

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 3,377 posts

Not cheating at all.  Since we're moving to Structured time, the rolls will be like they were for Necronaut, so you'll see them in "real time" as it were.

MR.

• Petragor likes this

- Graham M

TechCaptain

TechCaptain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 686 posts
I was not in the process of meeting him in person as with the Detection of Inquisition involved, he more or less decided to hide in place and make it look like he is just a lucky survivor of the planet. placing clues that lead suspicion away from him if he gets grabbed up in the general populous for questioning. He is letting Battlesmith and others try to escape to 'prove' he wasn't working with them and further with Battlesmith around he can take the blame for any tech shennagins. But yes he is in another part of the zone. I was just noticing you had two of the three of us that was in the zone. smile.png
Hidden Content

Petragor

Petragor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 377 posts
@MR how far is the enemy away from me?

Petragor

Petragor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 377 posts
Also, shouldn’t the Strife suffer 4 hits thanks to twin-linked?

Mazer Rackham

Mazer Rackham

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 3,377 posts

The enemy is 200m away from your position on the other side of the Factorum Bloc.  That's as the crow flies for the sake of convenience.  BC Core states Twin Linked either applies +10 to Hit or +1 Hit, so I chose the former.  It then states ammo expenditure for the weapon is doubled.  If I've missed something (no pun intended!) then I'm open to advice.

I believe your servitor does get  a Dodge, on AG 20.

MR.

- Graham M

Petragor

Petragor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 377 posts

It does get a dodge, but I don't like it's chances... what are the rules for minions and critical damage again?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Black Crusade, Traitors, RPG, Magnus Did Nothing Wrong Fan Club, OOC

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Petragor