Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[BC]: Magellan's Devils (OOC Thread).

Black Crusade Traitors RPG Magnus Did Nothing Wrong Fan Club OOC

• Please log in to reply
1266 replies to this topic

Petragor

Petragor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 428 posts
  • Faction: Adeptus Mechanicus

It was a very juicy lie.

I am debating giving you a mutation which either affects your tongue, or your nose... tongue.png

MR.

Don't I roll randomly for mutations?

Mazer Rackham

Mazer Rackham

++ SCLOPETATOR SIMULAMINIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 3,476 posts

The rulebook does say that, and I will likely stick to it in the main, but I will also likely see what you do and let the Dark Powers reward you accordingly.

Besides, a long tongue can make you very popular in some quarters, and a marvel at the Governor's buffet lunch.

MR.

Indexes: IA: Scions of Gehenna IA: White Paladins

You see, it all started with an Only War game I played long ago. I was heavy weapons guy.  I wanted an Autocannon, and by bargaining, trading etc, I managed to get in the neighbourhood of 5% chance, and guess what? I got it! I howled and cheered and professed my luck as an insult to Tzeentch.

And ever since, I swear that begrudging clown has had it in for me. Not two missions later, I was charged by a cannon-proof Ork, brutalized, and forced to burn fate. Many other cases of ill luck have befallen me in other games, but I can at least take solace in the fact that I have someone to blame...

Petragor

Petragor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 428 posts

The rulebook does say that, and I will likely stick to it in the main, but I will also likely see what you do and let the Dark Powers reward you accordingly.

Besides, a long tongue can make you very popular in some quarters, and a marvel at the Governor's buffet lunch.

MR.

I'm Khorne-leaning, not Slaanesh remember?

Necronaut

Necronaut

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 315 posts
Clearly Tzeentch aligned with all of this skulking and lying!
  • Steel Company likes this

Petragor

Petragor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 428 posts

Clearly Tzeentch aligned with all of this skulking and lying!

There'll be a lot less of that once I have my legs and poweraxe back, don't you worry.

Necronaut

Necronaut

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 315 posts
That's what they all say

Petragor

Petragor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 428 posts

That's what they all say

Don't worry, getting away with murdering the facility workers will be easy after I turn off the alarm systems.

Mazer Rackham

Mazer Rackham

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 3,476 posts

Yeah, this is a proper Black Crusade game now!

:D

MR.

You see, it all started with an Only War game I played long ago. I was heavy weapons guy.  I wanted an Autocannon, and by bargaining, trading etc, I managed to get in the neighbourhood of 5% chance, and guess what? I got it! I howled and cheered and professed my luck as an insult to Tzeentch.

And ever since, I swear that begrudging clown has had it in for me. Not two missions later, I was charged by a cannon-proof Ork, brutalized, and forced to burn fate. Many other cases of ill luck have befallen me in other games, but I can at least take solace in the fact that I have someone to blame...

Petragor

Petragor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 428 posts

@MR there is no sign of any of my equipment anywhere?

Mazer Rackham

Mazer Rackham

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 3,476 posts

@MR there is no sign of any of my equipment anywhere?

Your personal equipment?  No, this is an Inquisition cellblock, and unfortunately these folks are reasonably competent.

The only things here are misery and death for unbelievers and recidivists.

However, there is a security station on the floor above your current position.  It holds shock mauls, photon flash grenades, standard issue Imperial laspistols (Kantrael pattern) and combat shotguns (plus ammo for them all).

You have the codes for the doors.

MR.

Petragor

Petragor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 428 posts

Posted, I hope getting 3 servitors isn't too greedy for your liking @MR?

Mazer Rackham

Mazer Rackham

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 3,476 posts

Posted, I hope getting 3 servitors isn't too greedy for your liking @MR?

Not at all.

You can have 4 if you like :)

MR.

Petragor

Petragor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 428 posts

I think I'll keep that last one in reserve actually, but anyway, do I need to roll anything to do the following:

1: Disable security measures in the facility right before I'm freed

2: Getting freed by the servitors

3: Going up and arming myself with the weapons

Mazer Rackham

Mazer Rackham

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 3,476 posts

I think I'll keep that last one in reserve actually, but anyway, do I need to roll anything to do the following:

1: Disable security measures in the facility right before I'm freed

Difficult (-10) Tech Use Test (due to your affinity with the system)

Difficult (-10) Security Test for your bonds (You're operating them remotely after all)

3: Going up and arming myself with the weapons

Other than walking up the stairs, not much.  You already know the codes, so just handle that narratively.  There's no-one in the station.  However, you may access the security-picters from there for the level the station is on.

Be aware however, that you are carrying 1 level of Fatigue from being tortured.

Emphasis mine.

MR.

TechCaptain

TechCaptain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 745 posts
  • Faction: Imperials
Just got up and nice work Petragor. I will post something again soon. Sobek is still alive yea?
Signature not compliant with forum rules.
Hidden Content

Petragor

Petragor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 428 posts

Difficult (-10) Security Test for your bonds (You're operating them remotely after all)

I... don't have security...

Well, you said the servitors had manipulator appendages right? Can't they just rip the bindings off?

TechCaptain

TechCaptain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 745 posts
  • Faction: Imperials
Eventually I should be in the neighborhood to help....
Signature not compliant with forum rules.
Hidden Content

Petragor

Petragor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 428 posts

Emphasis on "Eventually", Crane is coming back in about 4 minutes, and I need to act NOW

Edited by Petragor, 17 April 2021 - 04:40 PM.

• Mazer Rackham and TechCaptain like this

Mazer Rackham

Mazer Rackham

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 3,476 posts

Just got up and nice work Petragor. I will post something again soon. Sobek is still alive yea?

Yes he is.  I need to post for him and get him some screen time!

I... don't have security...

Well, you said the servitors had manipulator appendages right? Can't they just rip the bindings off?

No.  We're talking about "hold this syringe of sodium amatol whilst I vivisect this heretic" type arm.  The bindings are sized for you, but will hold an Astartes quite helpless.  Even Steel/Sev had to find a key and he's not a lightweight.  Fortunately, the appendages are equipped for fine manual dexterity, which mean you don't have Security - but they do.

You are nowhere within a hundred miles of your co-conspirator.

Crane is coming back in about 4 minutes, and I need to act NOW

Yep.

And each failed Security roll will chew up that time.  You require 6.  Both arms, both legs, chest and your bonce.

MR

• TechCaptain likes this

Petragor

Petragor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 428 posts

Yep.

And each failed Security roll will chew up that time.  You require 6.  Both arms, both legs, chest and your bonce.

MR

My cybernetic legs were removed, don't think I need to untie what isn't there. I'll roll for the other 4 though, as though I have the security skill as you said.

Mazer Rackham

Mazer Rackham

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 3,476 posts

I've just re-skimmed the scenes with you in them, and can find no mention of your legs having been removed.

Have I missed something?

MR.

Petragor

Petragor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 428 posts

You said my cybernetics were removed, my legs are cybernetic. Ergo, my legs must have been removed right? That's what I thought the situation was.

No wait, upon re-reading it says my bionics have lost power. My mistake.

By the way, can I give myself the +10 from concentrating? I have a TN of 27 for these security checks, it's taking a while...

Mazer Rackham

Mazer Rackham

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 3,476 posts

No worries.

To make things easier, due to resizing of the restraints, your legs can be removed with one test, your arms and chest can be removed with one test, leaving your head as the third.

MR.

Petragor

Petragor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 428 posts

And can I concentrate for +10?

Mazer Rackham

Mazer Rackham

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 3,476 posts

Yep, allowed.

MR.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Black Crusade, Traitors, RPG, Magnus Did Nothing Wrong Fan Club, OOC

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users