Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[BC]: Magellan's Devils (OOC Thread).

Black Crusade Traitors RPG Magnus Did Nothing Wrong Fan Club OOC

• Please log in to reply
1164 replies to this topic

Xin Ceithan

Xin Ceithan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,838 posts
  • Faction: The Obsidian Coil, XXth Legio
I like the setting as given pre Circatrix

But there is a lot of potential for shenanigans and petty warlords in a post Circatrix setting
Call_of_Chaos_7_Banner_01c.jpgCall_of_Chaos_9_Banner_01b.jpg

Mazer Rackham

Mazer Rackham

++ SCLOPETATOR SIMULAMINIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 3,423 posts

@Xin, that's my thinking.  Pre-cicatrix there would be an easier time of it for you, and would remove the temptation from me to drop you into the Jericho Reach.  It would also make our more modern players comfortable with the lore perhaps.

Hmm.

Starting XP for BC Characters is 1000xp (Marines) and 500xp (Mortals).

I could double this for all my players...

MR.

Edited by Mazer Rackham, 14 March 2021 - 03:12 PM.

Indexes: IA: Scions of Gehenna IA: White Paladins

You see, it all started with an Only War game I played long ago. I was heavy weapons guy.  I wanted an Autocannon, and by bargaining, trading etc, I managed to get in the neighbourhood of 5% chance, and guess what? I got it! I howled and cheered and professed my luck as an insult to Tzeentch.

And ever since, I swear that begrudging clown has had it in for me. Not two missions later, I was charged by a cannon-proof Ork, brutalized, and forced to burn fate. Many other cases of ill luck have befallen me in other games, but I can at least take solace in the fact that I have someone to blame...

Necronaut

Necronaut

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 297 posts
  • Faction: Adeptus Mechanicus

@Xin, that's my thinking. Pre-cicatrix there would be an easier time of it for you, and would remove the temptation from me to drop you into the Jericho Reach. It would also make our more modern players comfortable with the lore perhaps.

Hmm.

Starting XP for BC Characters is 1000xp (Marines) and 500xp (Mortals).

I could double this for all my players...

MR.

You've got it backwards -- 500 for traitor Astartes, 1000 for human scum.

Mazer Rackham

Mazer Rackham

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 3,423 posts

This is why I need help as much as anyone else! :D

MR.

You see, it all started with an Only War game I played long ago. I was heavy weapons guy.  I wanted an Autocannon, and by bargaining, trading etc, I managed to get in the neighbourhood of 5% chance, and guess what? I got it! I howled and cheered and professed my luck as an insult to Tzeentch.

And ever since, I swear that begrudging clown has had it in for me. Not two missions later, I was charged by a cannon-proof Ork, brutalized, and forced to burn fate. Many other cases of ill luck have befallen me in other games, but I can at least take solace in the fact that I have someone to blame...

Necronaut

Necronaut

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 297 posts
@MR I could be convinced to run my biker marine as a sorcerer instead of a forsaken if we need/want a psyker.

grailkeeper

grailkeeper

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 877 posts
  • Faction: Vylka Fenrika

I think I'll wait to know about the setting before coming up with a character. I fancy playing someone the opposite of my space wolf. A Chaos Marine that gets on very well with everyone. 

Or possibly a khorne berzerker, but kinda harfd to play one of them at anything that isnt combat.

TechCaptain

TechCaptain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 718 posts
  • Faction: Imperials
So if I got this right I need to start actually building my character?
Signature not compliant with forum rules.
Hidden Content

Steel Company

Steel Company

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,904 posts

We're still just talking things over Tech, hold off on any hard numbers for a while, but the rough concept is sounding okay. Are you okay with the idea of being a minion of an Astartes?

• Mazer Rackham and TechCaptain like this
To all you Space Wolf Players... Its called a Razor and the Soap isn't a Daemon.
--Dremen

The Iron Hands, they are the real emo marines. Seriously. The Dark Angels aren't the ones who sit around cutting off bits of themselves, wearing black, and complaining about weakness and ennui...

--Octavulg

TechCaptain

TechCaptain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 718 posts
I am okay with the Admech pretending to be a minion.... hehe. I was thinking a Xenos corrupted Mjornian Techpriest who is a manipulative little :cuss.
Hidden Content

Xin Ceithan

Xin Ceithan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,838 posts

I think it is wise for me to at least wait until there is a bit of rough setting outline available before I totally go nuts over points and equipment...

Mazer Rackham

Mazer Rackham

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 3,423 posts

Necro, I think because my BC GM training wheels are still on, having a Wheely WIzard might be beyond my capability to balance encounters for just yet.

I mean you've already got a bike that wants to bleed you dry, isn't my life hard enough? tongue.png

Tech, Manipulative type Player "Minions" are useful to the party.  Might want to load up on social skills and let big brother (Steel) take care of the mayhem msn-wink.gif

Grail, no sweat - a Khorne Berserker can have conversations - they start with Kill, and end with Burn.

Xin, it's in the works

MR.

• Llagos_Tyrant, Xin Ceithan, TechCaptain and 1 other like this

grailkeeper

grailkeeper

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 877 posts
  • Faction: Vylka Fenrika

Will you be allowing the characters from the splatbooks? I think they are much more powerful than standard pcs

Necronaut

Necronaut

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 297 posts
Not a problem, was just offering my services as a battle psyker.
  • Mazer Rackham likes this

Xin Ceithan

Xin Ceithan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,838 posts

No rush. I am more keeping down the inevitable urge to draw spikes on everything and browse the miniature pages for suitable pieces to base a character on my side  :)

From the looks of it, there seems to be trend towards having very well behaved and well mannered  heretics here.... which is kind of cool in itself .... and a nice counter to all those gruff and grim DW types! 

If I was veeery mean, I’d suggest running the group around a circle of well mannered sorcerers and their dastardly minions...

but it is neither wise to anger the Gods and the GM (especially before a game has even started )

• Ancient_Sobek likes this

Mazer Rackham

Mazer Rackham

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 3,423 posts

I'm afraid not Grail, no.  I have the DC Tomes, but would prefer to go straight from the BC Core.  I've said yes to Necronaut's bike, because it's merely equipment (even if it is Vampiric) and won't have anything advanced or any boosts to his stats.  If you want gear, or to tweak a Core Archetype, I'll certainly consider it.

The reason is quite selfish, it helps me as a GM.

If people prefer to 'load' their character you can do the points allocation thing, where you have your 30 Base (20 Base for Mortals) and allocate from 100 (with no more than +20) I am perfectly happy for that as well.

You still random roll for Infamy.

With regard to the setting, I'll be using my own Magellan's Devils, which has a planet, story and location and will give us a good base.  I'm going to do a little shenanigans with you all as well, as our first encounter will be an attempt to outright kill you all.

"On behalf of Huron Blackheart, Satrap of the Maelstrom, Inheritor of the Chogoris Sector, Rightful Liege of the Throne of Badab and Scourge of the Imperium, greetings."

"My Master has concluded his parley with the Council of 13 Princes, and has today summoned your powerful Warband to partake in a joint crusade to strike the planet Magellan, and liberate all plunder amassed within."

"You will be apportioned a combat zone into which you will deploy - and offered what slaves, materials and weapons fall under your power."

"Should baubles and minions be insufficient, infamy and revenge will be your coin, as you tear down a bastion of the hated Imperium, the crumbling empire of children, a sandcastle of lies, which forfeited our loyalty the minute it turned its back on us."

"We await your reply with interest."

Your characters will be in these warbands, who pierce the defences of Magellan and make planetfall, past the orbital fleet and batteries, down into the streets and habs of a hive world rich in promethium, technology, menials and materiel for making the Emperor's tanks and guns.

You will all die on this world.

For greed.

For ambition.

For revenge.

And yet be reborn in inglorious chains, which you must break, to forge your destiny.

MR.

• Commissar Molotov, Trokair, Llagos_Tyrant and 3 others like this

TechCaptain

TechCaptain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 718 posts
Awesome, so I have a little backstory for my character as I work him up. So a group known as the Unchained Confederation are a renegade/chaos warband that operates as loosely affiliated bands as information brokers, spies, and Mechanicum support for hire. They play at being shadow powers asking for payment things like perception, knowledge, and other esoteric items. Further for my character specifically he fell out of favor with the Imperium and into the Unchained Confederation by getting too friendly with Tau and Necron Tech instead of taking it back to be engineered into human tech. (I got details to work out.)
Hidden Content

Necronaut

Necronaut

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 297 posts
Is the intent for us all to start off in separate warbands?

Xin Ceithan

Xin Ceithan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,838 posts

Well, that was quick...

so, I’ll look into someone who at least ends up in or near the Maelstrom. Awesome! 

Glory to the Throne of Thorns!  (Goes to look for red and black paint....)

• TechCaptain and Necronaut like this

Steel Company

Steel Company

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,904 posts
Oh good, maybe I cann really recycle Sev from that game then... he was going to be a real beast... maybe with some tweaking for his personality might be in order.
  • TechCaptain likes this
To all you Space Wolf Players... Its called a Razor and the Soap isn't a Daemon.
--Dremen

The Iron Hands, they are the real emo marines. Seriously. The Dark Angels aren't the ones who sit around cutting off bits of themselves, wearing black, and complaining about weakness and ennui...

--Octavulg

TechCaptain

TechCaptain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 718 posts
Necrommaut, just to be clear my character is both a separate warband but not really. It’s just he has his own agenda since he acts more of a manipulative person and information broker. And yes Steel ( who I guess is who hired him.) will probably need to protect him.
Hidden Content

Necronaut

Necronaut

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 297 posts
Ah very good! Thanks for the info!

Mazer Rackham

Mazer Rackham

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 3,423 posts

Tech, Xin - yep, sounds good!

Steel.  Not going to lie.  I loved Sev.

Necro, yep, you start in different warbands, feel free to make up stuff about this in your character background.  Maybe he's the leader of a small group trying to get in on the action.

Basically, Huron wants Magellan.  It's too much for him to chew up himself, so he's gone to the Council of 13 Princes, a sort of High Lords but through a looking glass darkly.  They have then committed their power to bribe, threaten or instruct the warbands that you are in to go down to Magellan and bash it up.

You'll have a chance to know each other distantly - like different members of the same Legion - but you'll each be captured in your own encounters.  You each have access to Touched by the Fates etc, but your friends don't, so you'll have to burn Infamy to survive.  I will give you a temporary point of Infamy from good roleplaying to do this with.

It will not count to your own Infamy total.

MR.

Steel Company

Steel Company

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,904 posts
With Tech being more or less a separate character that is likely to have stats higher than what a lesser minion can have (max 30 in any one stat), do we either want to give me an improved version of greater minion (even that would fall short for him) or could I have a something else as a lesser minion?

As an aside, stat wise, I'm thinking 40's down the board, with Fel being 50, since it leans into what I'm building.
--Dremen

--Octavulg

Mazer Rackham

Mazer Rackham

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 3,423 posts

If you make that minion that girl Sev used to bait guys into being Autocannon fodder, then yes.

MR.

• Steel Company likes this

TechCaptain

TechCaptain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 718 posts
@steel, What you don’t want a potential scorpion as a minion any more? Lol.
  • Mazer Rackham likes this
Hidden Content

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Black Crusade, Traitors, RPG, Magnus Did Nothing Wrong Fan Club, OOC

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users