DA 2000pts Deathwing shenanigans

I was listening to Adam Cammilleri talk about his team list on the Frontline Gaming Network, and I got to wondering how ridiculous a Deathwing List I could make with the models I have currently at hand. The following is what I came up with. The idea behind it is to march up the center of the board with a brick of 20 Deathwing Terminators with the support to make them as obnoxious to remove from the table as possible. Chief Apothecary with Selfless Healer, check. DW Ancient with the Pennant of Remembrance, check.  Plus, there's a third full DWT squad for deep striking and exploiting the Deathwing Assault strat, not to mention giving opponents another big blob of DWTs to deal with in their backfield.

Naturally, this is built around a DW Vanguard so the DWTs will be obsec. My little innovation is to also include a small Patrol detachment so I can throw in a Dark Shroud without breaking the DW Vanguard command benefits. The idea is to gild the lily by also giving the blob of 20 Terminators a -1 To Hit bubble. I figure with the Dark Shroud's 12" movement, it shouldn't be too hard to have it advance each turn by zipping from one side of the Termie blob to the other. I only want it to be barely within 6" of the units in case it explodes anyway, so that should be plenty doable. For my patrol's Troops choice, I chose Infiltrators. My intention is largely to let them sit on a backfield objective and not allow anything to enter play too terribly close to it. Hopefully 30 Terminators give opponents enough to do to keep them from being able to mess around with relatively unimportant backfield units.

I have Azrael and Ezekial as my HQs. Azrael is the Warlord so I get back the CP I'm spending on the Patrol detachment. Azrael ralso gives the 4++ bubble, which is nice because I only have 4 THSS Termies (I was never crazy about them), so his buff is valuable. On the other hand, I have 7 2xLC Termies, so don't feel like I need a Lieutenant that badly (though a basic one almost made the cut), and I don't have to take Righteous Repugnance because a lot of my Termies are going to be rerolling wound rolls anyway.

Finally, there's a lonely HB Attack Bike to send off, probably to score secondaries. Those points could go to a basic Company Champion for Warlord Trait shenanigans. I just haven't decided what that Warlord Trait might be. Might be nice to have someone toting the Reliquary of the Repentant too. Alternately, the points could go to upgrading the Apothecary to a DW or RW Apothecary, but I figured a standard foot Apothecary would be good enough.

+++ 2K DW Resilience list (Warhammer 40,000 9th Edition) [94 PL, 11CP, 2,000pts] +++

++ Vanguard Detachment -3CP (Imperium - Adeptus Astartes - Dark Angels) [67 PL, 2CP, 1,480pts] ++

+ Configuration [] +

**Chapter Selection**: Dark Angels
. . Categories: Configuration

Deathwing Vanguard Detachment [3CP]

Detachment Command Cost [-3CP]

+ HQ [8 PL, 2CP, 170pts] +

Azrael [8 PL, 2CP, 170pts]: 1. Brilliant Strategist, Bolt pistol, Frag & Krak grenades, Sword of Secrets, Warlord
. . Categories: Faction: Adeptus Astartes, Azrael, Faction: Dark Angels, Faction: Imperium, Infantry, Character, Chapter Master, Faction: Deathwing, HQ, Inner Circle, Warlord
. . Lion's Wrath: Lion's Wrath - Master-crafted boltgun, Lion's Wrath - Master-crafted Plasma gun

+ Elites [59 PL, 1,310pts] +

Deathwing Ancient [5 PL, 100pts]: Pennant of Remembrance
. . Categories: Ancient, Terminator, Character, Faction: Adeptus Astartes, Faction: Imperium, Infantry, Elites, Faction: Dark Angels, Deathwing
. . Powerfist and Storm Bolter: Power fist, Storm bolter

Deathwing Terminator Squad [18 PL, 415pts]: Watcher in the Dark [5pts]
. . Categories: Faction: Adeptus Astartes, Elites, Faction: Dark Angels, Infantry, Terminator, Faction: Imperium, Inner Circle, Deathwing, Core
. . Deathwing Sergeant [33pts]
. . . . Storm Bolter & Power Sword: Power sword, Storm bolter
. . Deathwing Terminator [43pts]
. . . . Thunder Hammer & Storm Shield [10pts]: Storm shield, Thunder hammer [10pts]
. . . . Thunder Hammer & Storm Shield [10pts]: Storm shield, Thunder hammer [10pts]
. . Deathwing Terminator [33pts]: Lightning Claw (Pair)
. . Deathwing Terminator [63pts]
. . . . Cyclone Missile Launcher, Storm Bolter, Power Fist [30pts]: Cyclone missile launcher [25pts], Power fist [5pts], Storm bolter
. . Deathwing Terminator [63pts]
. . . . Cyclone Missile Launcher, Storm Bolter, Power Fist [30pts]: Cyclone missile launcher [25pts], Power fist [5pts], Storm bolter

Deathwing Terminator Squad [18 PL, 400pts]: Watcher in the Dark [5pts]
. . Categories: Faction: Adeptus Astartes, Elites, Faction: Dark Angels, Infantry, Terminator, Faction: Imperium, Inner Circle, Deathwing, Core
. . Deathwing Terminator [38pts]
. . . . Storm Bolter & Power Fist [5pts]: Power fist [5pts], Storm bolter
. . Deathwing Terminator [48pts]
. . . . Assault cannon, Power Fist [15pts]: Assault cannon [10pts], Power fist [5pts]
. . . . Assault cannon, Power Fist [15pts]: Assault cannon [10pts], Power fist [5pts]

Deathwing Terminator Squad [18 PL, 395pts]
. . . . Assault cannon, Chainfist [15pts]: Assault cannon [10pts], Chainfist [5pts]

++ Patrol Detachment -2CP (Imperium - Adeptus Astartes - Dark Angels) [27 PL, 9CP, 520pts] ++

+ Configuration [10CP] +

**Chapter Selection**: Dark Angels

Battle Size [12CP]: 3. Strike Force (101-200 Total PL / 1001-2000 Points)  [12CP]

Detachment Command Cost [-2CP]

+ HQ [7 PL, 125pts] +

Ezekiel [7 PL, 125pts]: Frag & Krak grenades, The Deliverer, Traitor's Bane
. . Categories: HQ, Ezekiel, Faction: Adeptus Astartes, Faction: Dark Angels, Faction: Deathwing, Faction: Imperium, Librarian, Psyker, Inner Circle, Chief Librarian, Infantry

+ Troops [6 PL, 130pts] +

Infiltrator Squad [6 PL, 130pts]: Helix gauntlet [10pts]
. . Categories: Smokescreen, Faction: Adeptus Astartes, Primaris, Infantry, Infiltrator Squad, Phobos, Faction: Imperium, Core, Faction: Dark Angels, Troops
. . 4x Infiltrator [96pts]: 4x Bolt pistol, 4x Frag & Krak grenades, 4x Marksman bolt carbine
. . Infiltrator Sergeant [24pts]: Bolt pistol, Frag & Krak grenades, Marksman bolt carbine

+ Elites [5 PL, -1CP, 90pts] +

Apothecary [5 PL, -1CP, 90pts]: Astartes Chainsword, Bolt pistol, Chapter Command:  Chief Apothecary [1 PL, 15pts], Frag & Krak grenades, Selfless Healer, Stratagem: Hero of the Chapter [-1CP]
. . Categories: Faction: Adeptus Astartes, Apothecary, Character, Faction: Imperium, Infantry, Command Squad, Faction: Dark Angels, Elites, Chief Apothecary

+ Fast Attack [9 PL, 175pts] +

Attack Bike Squad [2 PL, 45pts]
. . Categories: Faction: Adeptus Astartes, Attack Bike Squad, Biker, Faction: Imperium, Core, Fast Attack, Faction: Dark Angels, Ravenwing
. . Attack Bike [2 PL, 45pts]: 2x Bolt pistol, 2x Frag & Krak grenades, Heavy bolter, Twin boltgun

Ravenwing Darkshroud [7 PL, 130pts]: Heavy bolter
. . Categories: Faction: Adeptus Astartes, Faction: Dark Angels, Fly, Faction: Imperium, Ravenwing Darkshroud, Vehicle, Ravenwing, Fast Attack

Created with BattleScribe (https://battlescribe.net)

Are you planning on using the single attack bike as throw away unit Raziel?

If it was just a points fit, would trading that 45 point heavy bolter for an Assault cannons on the dark shroud and bump the apothecary to the Ravenwing Apothecary be tempting?

You loss a bit of utility but it's a good trade?

I don't know. I have to take a look at Secondaries and see what I want to try to accomplish. I kind of doubt I'm going to run this list as-is, except maybe at a small local tournament just for laughs. I was just kind of trying to see how obnoxious I could make it to dig 20 Terminators out of the center of the table. Even then, I might drop the Dark Shroud and instead of 1 HB Attack Bike buy a squadron of 3 MM Attack Bikes, so I have a unit that can eradicate a major target first turn of the game. 

• 2 months later...