Castigator Reveal

ATPete

With what I have seen from the new units from the Admech, Space Wolves, etc I am now wondering if the Castigator Battle Cannon will have a D3+3 damage profile.

If the Exorcist new rules do indeed allow it to fire without LOS then that model and the Castigator would not compete with one another, but rather compliment one another. Particularly if the Castigator will indeed be T8, although that also is speculation on my part.

I very much doubt that weapon will be a d3+3. Those other weapons were d6 weapons that got an upgrade to provide more consistent damage. I would be ok/more expecting with the Battle Cannon going to flat 2D. I would be ecstatic if they were to flat 3D.

The question will be if the Castigator weapons will reflect the basic profile of the Guard battle cannon and twin autocannons or if they will get a modified or bespoke profile.

Edited by Bonzi

With what I have seen from the new units from the Admech, Space Wolves, etc I am now wondering if the Castigator Battle Cannon will have a D3+3 damage profile.

If the Exorcist new rules do indeed allow it to fire without LOS then that model and the Castigator would not compete with one another, but rather compliment one another. Particularly if the Castigator will indeed be T8, although that also is speculation on my part.

I very much doubt that weapon will be a d3+3. Those other weapons were d6 weapons that got an upgrade to provide more consistent damage. I would be ok/more expecting with the Battle Cannon going to flat 2D. I would be ecstatic if they were to flat 3D.

The question will be if the Castigator weapons will reflect the basic profile of the Guard battle cannon and twin autocannons or if they will get a modified or bespoke profile.

Pretty sure the defilers battle cannon was renamed and made flat 3 damage in the deathguard book.

Pretty sure the defilers battle cannon was renamed and made flat 3 damage in the deathguard book.

That's very encouraging if that's the case. A source of flat 3 damage is always welcome in this edition with Death Guard being -1 damage and with so many Gravis units like Eradicators seeing the field. I am not super familiar with the entire Sisters range but I'm pretty sure flat 3 damage is hard to come by outside of half range meltas.