Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Mandragola Dynasty emerges

WIP Necrons

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Captain Coolpants

Captain Coolpants

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,290 posts
  • Faction: Grey Knights
Finished guy looks good! The red and the glow really work to break up the white. What sort of base are you thinking?

And the blade looks fine! I'm pretty bad at that whole affect, so i can't really give advice on it aha. I get so frustrated trying to do it. Alllways mess it up somehow.

I've also never built wraiths, but i do have some on order, im going to build them upside down to make them look like scorpions instead (or attempt to anyways lol)

Edited by Captain Coolpants, 13 April 2021 - 03:41 PM.

Mandragola

Mandragola

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,320 posts

Thanks. Yeah I'm quite pleased with how the Warriors are coming out. And very glad to have 20 of them nearly done.

Upside down Wraiths sound interesting. I think it could work fairly easily, depending on how fussy you are. Turning the legs the other way will be simple. However the body and its armour plates are curved downwards slightly. Not a problem if you're happy with the armour to be on the underneath, but otherwise it could be. And the tails have flat spots where they stick to the base, which would probably need some filling.

I'm not totally sure how I'll do the bases. My plan has been to do mud. However, lots of the models have these bits of girder and stuff sticking out, which suggests more of an urban environment. So maybe something like Astrogranite debris would be better. I don't have any of that though. I think maybe if I shaded it with agrax and left little brown puddles (flat bits of base with wet effects on) they could look like a long-ruined city. But maybe I want it to look recently-ruined, and like my army's responsible!

Speaking of my army, I've been playing around a lot with lists. This is my favourite one today. It has quite a lot of scary units in I think, though not many people available to do stuff like actions, which could potentially be an issue.

Eternal Expansionist Battalion

Catacomb Command Barge
Gauss Cannon
Res orb
Enduring Will
Voltaic Staff

Chronomancer
Veil of Darkness

5 Immortals (Gauss)

20 Warriors (Reapers)

20 Warriors (Reapers)

6 Skorpekh Destroyers

6 Skorpekh Destroyers

C'tan Shard of the Nightbringer

3 Wraiths

3 Wraiths

9 Scarab Swarms

Edited by Mandragola, 13 April 2021 - 04:53 PM.

• Galthan Ironsturm likes this

C+C always welcome on my Titanic Plog. Should really be painting Crimson Fists.

gallery_48988_15151_9524.pnggallery_45765_12339_6416.pnggallery_48988_16045_14557.pngsml_gallery_48988_16308_6255.png

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13,982 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
The models are well-painted.
Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)

Warhammer 40,000+ Star Wars- Rian Johnson- Reylo= AWESOME! (Knights of Renaissance)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement) or the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Mandragola

Mandragola

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,320 posts
Thanks. I got a bit more work done tonight. Added glow to all the warriors and did some touch ups here and there. The unit is now complete!

I had a bit more of a go at the Chronomancer’s bronze bits too. Not completely convinced bronze is the way to go but it’s interesting.

gallery_48988_15151_9524.pnggallery_45765_12339_6416.pnggallery_48988_16045_14557.pngsml_gallery_48988_16308_6255.png

Mandragola

Mandragola

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,320 posts

Took a few photos of my completed units.

The "army" so far comprises a Chronomancer and 20 Reaper Warriors.

51115052198_5d0cb7faa0_h.jpg

The warriors are painted in kind of a basic way, but I think they work ok as a mob. Not too bad for my first ever "horde" unit.

51114579802_7e6be30218_h.jpg

This guy is pretty weird. I'm not 100% sure I've got him right, as there are maybe too many colours here. Not too bad though.

51115934525_cf4ab906b3_h.jpg

I've also been thinking about my Overlord and I'm forming a vague plan on how to kitbash him. I think I'm going to base him mostly on an Indomitus Lord but with a modified pose, holding the Voltaic staff in one hand and a res orb from the CCB Lord in the other. I think I can make a cool Voltaic staff with one of the Void Dragon's heads, which has a load of lightning on it. Just needs some kind of stick, so probably the one from the CCB.

• Prot, Bjorn Firewalker, Nemesor Tyriks and 1 other like this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13,982 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
Excellent work.
  • Mandragola likes this
Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)

Warhammer 40,000+ Star Wars- Rian Johnson- Reylo= AWESOME! (Knights of Renaissance)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement) or the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: WIP, Necrons

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users