Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[Leak] Necromunda: Hired Gun FPS

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

Jolemai

Jolemai

++ CERDONIS CÆDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 14,731 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels
Best bolters were in Firewarrior (especially the Chaos ones). From that clip they didn't seem that much different to the other weapons.
  • SteveAntilles and Slave to Darkness like this

gallery_62972_14467_5178.jpggallery_62972_14467_1351.jpggallery_48988_15094_4929.pnggallery_62972_14467_2702.jpggallery_48988_15094_2403.pnggallery_62972_14467_4151.jpggallery_62972_14467_3390.jpg

Blogs Blood Angels | Veritas Vitae | Battle Reports | Terrain | IXth Legion | Miscellaneous Imperials | Delaque
1000 Scout list W:0 D:0 L:0
1250 Death Company List (jump) W:0 D:0 L:0
1500 Light Mech List W:0 D:0 L:2 Dreadnought List W:2 D:0 L:1
1750 Hybrid List W:0 D:0 L:0
1850 Death Company List (mech) W:0 D:0 L:0
2000 Heavy Mech List W:0 D:0 L:1 Two Towers List W:0 D:0 L:0
Apocalypse W:1 D:0 L:0 | Heresy 2500 Mechanised IXth W:2 D:1 L:0

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,098 posts
  • Location:The Labyrinth, realm of limitless eternal pain and pleasure . AKA Kings Lynn, Norfolk.
  • Faction: Chaos, Wolves and Guard

Best bolters were in Firewarrior (especially the Chaos ones). From that clip they didn't seem that much different to the other weapons.

I always used the Chaos bolter just because it sighs when you shoot it :D 

• Jolemai likes this

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the centre of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

gallery_29004_9303_22505.png

Blog - Gates of Helvete

"If you mean, "Are we all going to get killed?" Yes. Clearly, Guilliman is about to make yet another gargantuan effort to move his drinks cabinet six inches closer to the Cicatrix." Captain Blackadder

Jolemai

Jolemai

++ CERDONIS CÆDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 14,731 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

I always used the Chaos bolter just because it sighs when you shoot it biggrin.png

That's what I mean, details like that made it stand out from the Imperial one, whilst retaining the slower rate of fire and powerful bolts which exploded on impact.

In that clip above of the new game, it was simply "pew pew pew" like any other rifle.

Edited by Jolemai, 16 April 2021 - 11:05 AM.

• Slave to Darkness and Hungry Nostraman Lizard like this

gallery_62972_14467_5178.jpggallery_62972_14467_1351.jpggallery_48988_15094_4929.pnggallery_62972_14467_2702.jpggallery_48988_15094_2403.pnggallery_62972_14467_4151.jpggallery_62972_14467_3390.jpg

Blogs Blood Angels | Veritas Vitae | Battle Reports | Terrain | IXth Legion | Miscellaneous Imperials | Delaque
1000 Scout list W:0 D:0 L:0
1250 Death Company List (jump) W:0 D:0 L:0
1500 Light Mech List W:0 D:0 L:2 Dreadnought List W:2 D:0 L:1
1750 Hybrid List W:0 D:0 L:0
1850 Death Company List (mech) W:0 D:0 L:0
2000 Heavy Mech List W:0 D:0 L:1 Two Towers List W:0 D:0 L:0
Apocalypse W:1 D:0 L:0 | Heresy 2500 Mechanised IXth W:2 D:1 L:0

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,098 posts
  • Location:The Labyrinth, realm of limitless eternal pain and pleasure . AKA Kings Lynn, Norfolk.
  • Faction: Chaos, Wolves and Guard

I always used the Chaos bolter just because it sighs when you shoot it biggrin.png

That's what I mean, details like that made it stand out from the Imperial one, whilst retaining the slower rate of fire and powerful bolts which exploded on impact.

In that clip above of the new game, it was simply "pew pew pew" like any other rifle.

Yeah they do sound limper than an over cooked noodle. Hopefully the mod community will fix that, even though its not their place to do it... 

• Jolemai likes this

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the centre of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

gallery_29004_9303_22505.png

Blog - Gates of Helvete

"If you mean, "Are we all going to get killed?" Yes. Clearly, Guilliman is about to make yet another gargantuan effort to move his drinks cabinet six inches closer to the Cicatrix." Captain Blackadder

Joe

Joe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,142 posts

Yeeeeeeeeeeees, that's delightfully bloody. Also, nice to hear Genestealers getting a shout out! Hopefully they'll be hidden away somewhere to scare the bejeezus out of us.

Edited by Joe, 21 April 2021 - 10:53 AM.

• RolandTHTG, cheywood, betrayer41 and 3 others like this

mkbKIlr.png

Taliesin

Taliesin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,334 posts

Another excellent trailer, better than the first one.

• beefeb likes this

Shinespider

Shinespider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,110 posts

The world design really is on-point, even if the weapon showcases have been bland. 

Call_of_Chaos_11_Banner_02.jpg

Reclusiarch Krieg

Reclusiarch Krieg

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,059 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

Holy hell, this totally looks like Doom: Eternal slashed with Necromunda. 

+ WANT + 

tangoalphatwo

tangoalphatwo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 483 posts
That trailer definitely has me convinced to get it. I’m sold.

Vesalius

Vesalius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 80 posts
Looks like we got a preview of the Lasgun today.

https://youtu.be/RFukTLptQv8

Shinespider

Shinespider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,110 posts

Makes sense to cast it as a single-shot marksman rifle. Also seems to have an overcharge effect?

Not a fan of the sound effect - there's a metallic "cling" to it that sounds like a bolt snapping back.

Call_of_Chaos_11_Banner_02.jpg

Seahawk

Seahawk

++ OSSIFRAGUS PRAECURSORIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 9,420 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines
Sounds like a heavier thudding weapon than the boltgun. Oops, total fail.
  • Jolemai and Hungry Nostraman Lizard like this

Fluff: Naval Operations of Ultramar. Also includes all known named ships for all chapters, as well as ship sizes and assorted information.

Personal: The Renegade Hobbyist. This is where I do things! Also, follow me on Twitter at @Atomic_Hamsters.

Post link for all the instances in which Reanimation Protocols doesn't activate, but should. 

Ramell

Ramell

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 572 posts
  • Faction: ℧ltramarines Third Company
I'm not impressed by the weapons. Everything else looks pretty good, but the weapons are bland and too modern-near-future-shootery.

Doghouse

Doghouse

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,206 posts

I'm going to wait and see the full game before deciding. I have a tendency to get excited, buy the game because it's 40k then after a few days stop playing. This does look pretty good so far though.

Truescale MKIII Tutorial

RipOffProductions

RipOffProductions

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 640 posts

One of my biggest problems with deathwing was it's sound design and how all the guns sounded underwhelming. This isn't as bad, but it's still not quite there. The bolt gun is meant to intimated; the sound is oppressive and the damage horrifying.

indeed, games seem to have an issue doing Bolters justice, likely for gameplay balancing reasons because a fully automatic mini(-ish)-rocket launcher isn't exactly "fair".

Cryptix

Cryptix

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,266 posts
  • Faction: Dusk Raiders, Lords of Stone

One of my biggest problems with deathwing was it's sound design and how all the guns sounded underwhelming. This isn't as bad, but it's still not quite there. The bolt gun is meant to intimated; the sound is oppressive and the damage horrifying.

indeed, games seem to have an issue doing Bolters justice, likely for gameplay balancing reasons because a fully automatic mini(-ish)-rocket launcher isn't exactly "fair".
Just make it snap your wrists after every shot like it should when a human uses an astartes bolter.
:P

Well would you look at the time, it's zombie o'clock!
sml_gallery_55866_13614_5370.jpgL_T_3_2017_Badge_02_Chaplain.jpggallery_4664_12529_16642.jpggallery_60566_6038_377.gifCall_of_Chaos_10_Banner_02_Failed.jpg

Reclusiarch Krieg

Reclusiarch Krieg

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,059 posts

Just make it snap your wrists after every shot like it should when a human uses an astartes bolter.
tongue.png

non-PA human boltguns are scaled down from the Astartes ones

Joe

Joe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,142 posts

A look at the upgrade system today - looking like there's a lot of options available.
  • Magos Takatus likes this

mkbKIlr.png

Magos Takatus

Magos Takatus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,540 posts

Nice. I can actually see what's going on in that video. teehee.gif

Formerly known as Flame Boy since about 1999. Time for a change! smile.png

My Adeptus Mechanicus Ploghttp://www.bolterand...og-torburnides/

My Ork Ploghttp://www.bolterand...oys-orky-horde/

https://www.instagra.../magos_takatus/

gallery_48988_15465_6059.png

Joe

Joe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,142 posts

And there's the gameplay overview.

mkbKIlr.png

Hungry Nostraman Lizard

Hungry Nostraman Lizard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 679 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords

That gameplay trailer made it look good, but i'm still doubtful. Streum hasn't instilled any faith with their previous titles, which I've played.

Sounds like a heavier thudding weapon than the boltgun. Oops, total fail.

Glad I wasn't the only one that thought that!

I'm not impressed by the weapons. Everything else looks pretty good, but the weapons are bland and too modern-near-future-shootery.

Agreed, I think there was too much pulling influence from Borderlands, especially the chest opening and loot falling out animation.

J25oay8.jpg

Joe

Joe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,142 posts

At a glance, it would appear as if Kal Jericho features in this game as well - he has dialogue on-screen briefly.

mkbKIlr.png

Reclusiarch Krieg

Reclusiarch Krieg

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,059 posts

I don't see a boltgun there, looks like an autogun.

Hungry Nostraman Lizard

Hungry Nostraman Lizard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 679 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords

I don't see a boltgun there, looks like an autogun.

I'm quoting Joe here to show an earlier showing of it. It's... not great. In fact, it's pretty bad.

Another showcase today - this time, the Boltgun.

Edited by Hungry Nostraman Lizard, 05 May 2021 - 07:06 PM.

J25oay8.jpg

Lagrath

Lagrath

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,142 posts
  • Faction: Hexfleet Virules
I would love it if the game was more Stalker than Borderlands.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users