Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New McFarlane Blood Angel Primaris Lt - Gold Label toy line

Blood Angels Primaris Lieutenant McFarlane McFarlane Toys Action Figure

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Spinsanity

Spinsanity

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 930 posts
Sorry if this is old news and I missed it, I searched for any relevant thread and just couldn't find any...

Just saw the following link pop up on my Chrome news feed this morning: https://news.toyark....ane-toys-421236

Warhammer 40K – Blood Angels Primaris Lieutenant Gold Label Figure by McFarlane Toys

Posted on March 19, 2021

at 12:16 pm
by Joe Moore under Video Game Toy News

Warhammer-40K-Blood-Angels-Primaris-Lieu

A new Warhammer 40,000 figure variant has been announced by McFarlane Toys. The figure is part of their Gold Label Series, and will be available exclusively at Walmart. McFarlane has posted the product page for the Blood Angels Primaris Lieutenant 7″ Scale Figure. The figure includes a Plasma Pistol, a Power Sword, and a display base. Pre-orders aren’t live at this time, but the figure is due out in April. See the new photos after the jump.

Lieutenants act as the right hands of their Captains by providing flexibility and helping to direct their battle-brothers in engagements. Battle Companies are often split into 2 Demi-companies, each of which falls under the command of a Lieutenant who leads his brothers unflinchingly into battle. Blood Angels Lieutenants are expected to take command, should a superior officer fall to the Red Thirst, and assume the role of the Sword of Sanguinius – failure is the only unforgivable sin in this role, while victory excuses any amount of savagery.
Product features:
  • Incredibly detailed 7” scale figures based off the Warhammer 40k Franchise
  • Designed with Ultra Articulation with up to 22 moving parts for full range of posing
  • Includes a Plasma Pistol, a Power Sword, and a base
  • Figure is showcased in Warhammer McFarlane Gold Label Series themed window box packaging
  • Collect all additional McFarlane Toys Warhammer 40k Figures

Looking at the McFarlane Toys' own website, I was also able to find the following pages :
- What is the McFarlane Toys Gold Label Series?
- Blood Angel Primaris Lieutenant

+Edit: Wonder if that'll be part of the reveal by GamesWorkshop later today?

Edited by Spinsanity, 20 March 2021 - 06:20 PM.

StraightSilver

StraightSilver

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 725 posts
Only available at Walmart.... Cry.

Joe

Joe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,228 posts
Oh that's pretty hot.

mkbKIlr.png

MetalMammoth

MetalMammoth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 378 posts
:D If any one of us painted figures like these McFarlane ones, we'd be the subject of ridicule. Just... I dunno, would it take that much to at least dip the entire thing into a pool of wash? Maybe apply a king size drybrush after it dried? It'd add seconds to the manufacturing process, plus the wait in-between.
  • InKaras likes this

Felix Antipodes

Felix Antipodes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 793 posts
  • Faction: Fighting Furies

:D If any one of us painted figures like these McFarlane ones, we'd be the subject of ridicule. Just... I dunno, would it take that much to at least dip the entire thing into a pool of wash? Maybe apply a king size drybrush after it dried? It'd add seconds to the manufacturing process, plus the wait in-between.

At least the dodgy paint job eases the pain of it being Walmart only. Slightly.

Reclusiarch Krieg

Reclusiarch Krieg

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,080 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

If any one of us painted figures like these McFarlane ones, we'd be the subject of ridicule.

Dunno about your hobby groups, but I'd nope out of one that ridicules people for their beginner level paintjobs.

• Dosjetka, Zebulon, Shinespider and 2 others like this

tangoalphatwo

tangoalphatwo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 496 posts
Have both the other marines, and two necrons. Can’t wait for the hellblaster to ship and will be excited when this one is available for order.

Yeah. They’re not incredibly detailed, so what? They stand on the shelf in my office when my kids aren’t playing with them. That’s why I like them. Unlike the Bandai, I’m totally cool letting my boys play with these. It’s an excuse for them to hang out in my office while I work. Then they go back on the shelf when they’re done
  • Pork Chop Express likes this

MetalMammoth

MetalMammoth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 378 posts

If any one of us painted figures like these McFarlane ones, we'd be the subject of ridicule.

Dunno about your hobby groups, but I'd nope out of one that ridicules people for their beginner level paintjobs.

So it's okay to receive a low quality product for your money, because it's not nice to say it out loud that a poorly made thing is poorly made?

rookie40K

rookie40K

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 268 posts
I wouldn’t say it’s low quality for the money when it’s reasonably priced. Considering Bandai is just painted better, but costs significantly more.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Blood Angels, Primaris Lieutenant, McFarlane, McFarlane Toys, Action Figure

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users