Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[NM] House of Faith - Redemptionists

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

Magos Takatus

Magos Takatus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,533 posts

Although I'm not keen on every head that the new Redemptionists have, you have to admit the wild hair makes them look even more deranged. 

I really like these. The Forge World Cawdor head set would be idea for these guys, especially the one with a collection of candles on his head.

Smart thinking, solid plan. thumbsup.gif

Now I feel pressured to lead by example. biggrin.png  I wonder if I can really go for a grimdark style on these guys? It's not a style I've tried but I feel it would work with these models.

• Firedrake Cordova likes this

Formerly known as Flame Boy since about 1999. Time for a change! smile.png

My Adeptus Mechanicus Ploghttp://www.bolterand...og-torburnides/

My Ork Ploghttp://www.bolterand...oys-orky-horde/

https://www.instagra.../magos_takatus/

gallery_48988_15465_6059.png

Firedrake Cordova

Firedrake Cordova

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,438 posts
  • Faction: Salamanders

I'm torn on these models. On the one hand, they're nice models, on the other hand, something feels "off", but I can't quite place what it is (it may be "nostalgia goggles"). blush.png

I think it's the models with hair that make them feel off. I feel like they should have shaved heads with their masks...especially with all that fire floating about msn-wink.gif

Having had a further look at them, I think there's a couple of things - the hair, the "flaming brazier hat", and the priest's headdress - I imagine that's all fixable with alternate parts/kit-bashing. I also wasn't sold on the "gothic arch" decoration on the eviscerator, although I'm coming 'round to it. smile.png

Quantum

Quantum

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,047 posts
  • Faction: Forge World Fermya

I used the original Cawdor for some Tzeentch cultists, and I'm kinda thinking of using these guys. Gotta say, I really dislike the hair on those three with hair. I hope the box comes with decent weapon options. Right now it looks like 2 per stance

I don't know... I think the hair has possibilities. Like these redemptioneist cannot afford a burning brazier for a hat and chosen to style their hair as flames instead.

Edited by Quantum, 21 March 2021 - 12:30 PM.

• Firedrake Cordova, Slave to Darkness and tangoalphatwo like this

"The Nova Terra Interregnum has been remembered unfairly by those few who remember it at all. True, many malcontents, provocateurs and petty lordlings flocked to its banner when it seceded. But its attempts to contain the aggressive expansion of the Ecclesiarchy were born from an honest desire to uphold those values at the hart of the Great Crusade. It is ironic that the last gasp of the Emperor's true vision was finally throttled at the hands of those who fought in His divine name, on the planet that once reminded our Lord of 'Urf, long ago...'"
                        - Archivist & Historian Vedek Parsen, pilloried, emasculated, hung, drawn, crucified, quartered, burnt and disintegrated for heresy extremus. Probably in that order.

gallery_48988_15465_39461.pnggallery_48988_15465_5172.pnggallery_48988_15465_10130.png

Elzender

Elzender

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,214 posts
Called it about the number of miniatures per kit 😁

About the haired ones, weeeeell, what do you think the brazier-head dude is using to feed the flames? The other guys don't have long enough hair so they're letting it grow 😄
  • Magos Takatus and Slave to Darkness like this

My blog (in Spanish): http://suenosdeuncon...logspot.com.es/

ETL_2016_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei01.jpggallery_48988_10069_73849.png

Xenith

Xenith

++ NETATOR FEROCIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 12,471 posts

The teeth on that guy's eviscrator are the wrong way round, otherwise love this release. Great preachers for AM or Inq28. 

Edited by Xenith, 21 March 2021 - 04:20 PM.

M@l!ce

M@l!ce

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 161 posts
Guess I’ll buy, then.

Toxichobbit

Toxichobbit

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,108 posts

What an awful release. I'm glad I'm not a Cawdor player where instead of getting you know, actual Cawdor for my House's expansion like every other gang, I get a half hearted attempt at Redemptionists instead. They fit, but not well into the gang's aesthetic - while they work with the religious side they look really odd next to Cawdor's recycled weaponry and tattered clothing. They don't add anything new - Cawdor already spam the censored.gif  out of fire and templates with their cheap access to blunderbuss + purgation shot, incendiary charges, multiple fire causing Tactics Cards and just good old fashioned flamers. And most importantly, this has put a serious damper on any chance of a significant release for Cawdor. There will probably never be any more Cawdor beyond the base Gang box and the odd Forgeworld model, which is a real shame because there's plenty of design space there to be explored.

I'm also sad that Redemptionists aren't getting the full gang treatment either. I didn't mind for Slave Ogryns, after all they're basically a gang that developed out of the kit for a single Brute. But to take one of the classic gangs and reduce them to a 6 man set tacked onto Cawdor is doing them a dirty. Like Cawdor, this makes it unlikely that we'll see any kind of expansion for them in the future and whatever comes in this kit (which hopefully is more options than shown, but I'm not holding my breath based on what was shown for the previous House Gang expansions and what was in the boxs) might well be it for Redemptionists. I think the most we can hope for is a named Hired Gun if we're lucky.

battle captain corpus

battle captain corpus

++ CENTURIO COHORS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,957 posts
  • Faction: Black Legion

These are simply fantastic! I have been waiting for a gang to hit the right note for me and these are perfectly spot on with the right mix of Munda nostalgia!

BCC

BCC's Hobby Guide:
- Be Grim Dark not Grim Derp
- Hobby for 15 minutes a day
- Your miniatures are always the best painted in the room
- Game with your heart and don't care about losing
- Make sure your opponent is having fun 

Darnok

Darnok

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 787 posts
  • Faction: CSM, Daemons

I need to see the sprue before making a final judgement on these.

What I see so far? I like it, but I don't love it. Some good stuff, some odd bits. However: these will be priced like a full gang box most likely, and with only six bodies they need a real metric ton of bits to justify that price!

So yeah, waiting for the sprue details...

• Slaanbull likes this

Joe

Joe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,127 posts

Underhive Informant just released with some more details on the Redemptionists - including a look at the Fire Pikes profile.

mkbKIlr.png

Axineton

Axineton

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,826 posts

Klovis the redeemer mentioned in the article. Do we think we’ll be getting a new plastic sculpt of him?? I hope so. Not mention of that though just me wildly speculating. 

• Magos Takatus and Vesalius like this

Joe

Joe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,127 posts

I think his apparent presence as a Hired Gun would indicate he's getting a model - although it's more likely to be resin, ala the other ones. 

• Axineton likes this

mkbKIlr.png

tangoalphatwo

tangoalphatwo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 482 posts
I just hope he isn’t a FW model that they’ve done with a bunch of the Necro line

ThePenitentOne

ThePenitentOne

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,139 posts
  • Faction: Sisters of Battle

Wanted a hard release dat for these guys. Sick of the word "soon."

Absolutely love these models and the Redemption fluff. Definitely getting a box. 

Probably pick up Necromunda core rules when I go in for my Dwarf on Friday.

Joe

Joe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,127 posts

I just hope he isn’t a FW model that they’ve done with a bunch of the Necro line

Every Necromunda model is a Forge World model - right down to the plastic kits. They just happen to be mass-produced on the main factory floor.

• Petitioner's City likes this

mkbKIlr.png

tangoalphatwo

tangoalphatwo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 482 posts

Every Necromunda model is a Forge World model - right down to the plastic kits. They just happen to be mass-produced on the main factory floor.

Interesting, I didn’t know that.

But you know what I am referring to, yeah?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users