Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[40k] Codex: Adeptus Mechanicus

• Please log in to reply
161 replies to this topic

sitnam

sitnam

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 549 posts
I mean it could be a Manipulis, I was just spit balling.

Why do so many cybernetic fraters have an abundance of Dominus'?
Posted Image
The Order of His Amethyst Heart
The Dancing Scythes Chapter

Shinespider

Shinespider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,110 posts

For a long time, our Start Collecting box was an extremely good deal - it came with 10 Skitarii, an Onager Dunecrawler and a Dominus, all for the price of not much more than just a Dunecrawler on its own.

A lot of people ended up with 4 Dunecrawlers, 40 Skitarii and... 4 Dominuses. (Dominei?) 

Incidentally, this is still the case, just with slightly different models: A dunerider costs $75 US. The Admech Start Collecting box costs $95, and comes with a Dunerider + 10 infantry + a character.

Edited by Shinespider, 23 March 2021 - 02:10 PM.

• sitnam likes this

Call_of_Chaos_11_Banner_02.jpg

Magos Takatus

Magos Takatus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,540 posts

For a long time, our Start Collecting box was an extremely good deal - it came with 10 Skitarii, an Onager Dunecrawler and a Dominus, all for the price of not much more than just a Dunecrawler on its own.

A lot of people ended up with 4 Dunecrawlers, 40 Skitarii and... 4 Dominuses. (Dominei?) 

Incidentally, this is still the case, just with slightly different models: A dunerider costs $75 US. The Admech Start Collecting box costs $95, and comes with a Dunerider + 10 infantry + a character.

I was stupid enough to pick the Dominus as the test model for my army and started off buying two. Then they introduced the Start Collecting boxes after that. I now have three Dominus painted and a fourth sitting on the sprues. I agree that most Admech players must have leapt on that Start Collecting set at the time. I don't have a plastic engineseer and the only thing slowing me from the current SC set is that I'm not sure if I could manage another squad of Skitarii without getting burned out on them.

Formerly known as Flame Boy since about 1999. Time for a change! smile.png

My Adeptus Mechanicus Ploghttp://www.bolterand...og-torburnides/

My Ork Ploghttp://www.bolterand...oys-orky-horde/

https://www.instagra.../magos_takatus/

gallery_48988_15465_6059.png

Dark Shepherd

Dark Shepherd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,376 posts

So is this is the correct thread to speculate what may be coming in the Combat Patrol box that will accompany this release?

Since the two AdMech Start colelcting boxes have been Skitarii heavy, I wonder if the CP will be Cult Mechanicus centric. A Tech-Priest Dominus, a unit of Kataphrons, Kastelans, and Electro-Priests would come out to about $214 USD, which would be about right for CP savings.

I think many people would hate it because of the Electro-Priests, no matter how much I like those sculpts

It is definitely the time to get a SC box if you've been eyeing it

That would fit perfectly into the Army of Renown from Warzone Charadon wouldnt it? Now thats vertical integration...or very convenient for sales

ThePenitentOne

ThePenitentOne

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,144 posts
  • Faction: Sisters of Battle

In 8th, I bought the Admech dex. I liked the Rust Stalkers in particular, and the robots too. I had the Admech stuff from BSF too.

Never got around to building the army though. Here we are again, and if got a lot on the radar right now. Since I'm farther along in the collecting of my other stuff, I'm probably going to hold off on this dex until I'm sure I'm going to invest in the models.

I'd love to have a small force though.

Danosborne

Danosborne

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 29 posts
If you only want the tank and the engineseer, just sell the skitarii on, even if you sell them really cheaply you will still be better off than buying the tank and th HQ separately.
  • Magos Takatus likes this

lhg033

lhg033

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,449 posts

Like a few here, I have an army, well the startings of one, still on the sprues (bar two Skitarii I started building to test paint). 1x start collecting (dunecrawler) and  1x fist of the omnissiah batteforce. This is to go along with the allied knights force I planned and never got off the ground too. Maybe the new codex will inspire me to get a move on with these. I mean, it hasn't worked for my Dark Angels yet, but it could work here. I might be just about finished with my ork horde by the time that codex drops and want a break from them.

gallery_20758_7799_19457.jpggallery_21629_2989_32489.gif

mithrilforge

mithrilforge

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,447 posts
  • Faction: 40k - Orks & Deldar

So is this is the correct thread to speculate what may be coming in the Combat Patrol box that will accompany this release?

Since the two AdMech Start colelcting boxes have been Skitarii heavy, I wonder if the CP will be Cult Mechanicus centric. A Tech-Priest Dominus, a unit of Kataphrons, Kastelans, and Electro-Priests would come out to about $214 USD, which would be about right for CP savings.

I think many people would hate it because of the Electro-Priests, no matter how much I like those sculpts

It is definitely the time to get a SC box if you've been eyeing it
If I see another Dominus in an AdMech box, so help me God, I will make Stalin look like an anarchist. I've got so many of those, I can't catch up with selling the blighted things off.

You know you could find a local club and Give them away to some kids starting 40k... msn-wink.gif Just sayin...

Mithril

You mean those kids that have been playing AdMech for a month and already have 4-5 of them?

Why, the thought never crossed my mind!/s

Well in that case if your going to complain about them but still cling to them then i suggest you make a crazy Dominus packed army tongue.png  I look forward to seeing it thumbsup.gif

Mithril

• Doctor Perils likes this

gallery_70393_10089_1851.png gallery_48988_6285_17537.pnggallery_6494_6331_8260.pnggallery_48988_15465_40221.png  gallery_48988_15465_18945.png

MajorNese-  In the grim darkness of the near future, there is only complaints. biggrin.png

Black_Knight

Black_Knight

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,879 posts
  • Faction: AdMech, DW, IK, Blood Ravens

The best combat patrol for me would be the units below, everything else is pretty much covered by my current army.

Tech-Priest Manipulus(There has been a small push from GW recently to push this model in Admech articles )

2x3 Kataphrons(We have had so many Skitarii in previous boxes)

Ironstrider(Everyone likes a good chicken)

Skorpius Disintegrator(Flavour of the month)

gallery_48988_15465_45080.pnggallery_48988_15465_8206.pngETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_01.gif

Magos Takatus

Magos Takatus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,540 posts

The best combat patrol for me would be the units below, everything else is pretty much covered by my current army.

Tech-Priest Manipulus(There has been a small push from GW recently to push this model in Admech articles )

Okay, I vote for you to plan the army boxes. That would be perfect for me. Kataphrons are annoying for me to paint but pushing for a larger troops squad would make a lot of sense. I'd like another Manipulus because I didnt magnetise the first one, I'm working on getting units of Dragoons and Ironstriders and if I get Electro Priests another transport would be nice. So um, yeah, good thinking. :)

• quasistellar likes this

FelipeFlops

FelipeFlops

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 207 posts
  • Faction: IG, AC, SM, DE

Okay, I vote for you to plan the army boxes. That would be perfect for me. Kataphrons are annoying for me to paint but pushing for a larger troops squad would make a lot of sense. I'd like another Manipulus because I didnt magnetise the first one, I'm working on getting units of Dragoons and Ironstriders and if I get Electro Priests another transport would be nice. So um, yeah, good thinking. smile.png

If you're struggling with Kataphrons, may I recommend contrast paints. I did the vast majority of each model with a base coat of Leadbelcher then Guilliman's Flesh and Basilicanum Grey. Was quick and gave a good affect.

AdMec

On the potential combat patrol, I'm of the mind we'll see something that will fit with the AdMec regiment of renown, which for me is perfect as I want more robots.

• Prot, Magos Takatus, mithrilforge and 3 others like this

6.5k Imperial Guard

4.4k Adeptus Custodes

4.3k Primaris Marines - Silver Templars

2.3k Imperial Knights

2k Necrons

2k Harelquins

2k T'au Empire

1k Inquisitors + Assassins

Silver Templar Infiltrators

Magos Takatus

Magos Takatus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,540 posts

Okay, I vote for you to plan the army boxes. That would be perfect for me. Kataphrons are annoying for me to paint but pushing for a larger troops squad would make a lot of sense. I'd like another Manipulus because I didnt magnetise the first one, I'm working on getting units of Dragoons and Ironstriders and if I get Electro Priests another transport would be nice. So um, yeah, good thinking. smile.png

If you're struggling with Kataphrons, may I recommend contrast paints. I did the vast majority of each model with a base coat of Leadbelcher then Guilliman's Flesh and Basilicanum Grey. Was quick and gave a good affect.

On the potential combat patrol, I'm of the mind we'll see something that will fit with the AdMec regiment of renown, which for me is perfect as I want more robots.

Thank you for the advice, but the problem is that I picked out every detail in a different colour, it takes forever for me to paint my army now. The problem is self-inflicted, I assure you! teehee.gif

Spoiler

Edited by Magos Takatus, 25 March 2021 - 09:13 AM.

• brother_b and Black_Knight like this

battle captain corpus

battle captain corpus

++ CENTURIO COHORS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,957 posts
  • Faction: Black Legion

Try to keep back on topic folks. That would be the topic of the new Admech Codex. Other issues and painting pointers are excellent contributions in other sub forums for sure though!msn-wink.gif

Same as army composition, buying habits, "what should I buy next!" etc. yes.gif

Stay on topic please.

Happy Hobbying!

BCC

• Prot likes this
BCC's Hobby Guide:
- Be Grim Dark not Grim Derp
- Hobby for 15 minutes a day
- Your miniatures are always the best painted in the room
- Game with your heart and don't care about losing
- Make sure your opponent is having fun 

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,381 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children

New ironstrider/dragoon profile

Thanks to u/moleman1538 for the below information,

New Datasheet

Changes

All gained a 3+ save

Dragoons gained a 4th attack

Taser goad gains an AP

Jezzail gaining 2 AP

Cognis autocannon going from 4 to 6 attacks

Cognis Lascannon going from D6 to D3+3

Edited by Marshal Loss, 03 April 2021 - 10:03 PM.

• Prot, Magos Takatus, Noserenda and 3 others like this

bRxSYDV.png

quasistellar

quasistellar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 430 posts
Those are some spicy changes. I am curious if the cognis gives just the extra damage or if it still allows the other cognis benefits.

The taser lance change could mean the sicarian infiltrators' taser goad also gets ap.

I might check my local store because I think I saw some new boxes of AdMech stuff and I do need some things.

Magos Takatus

Magos Takatus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,540 posts

I'm impressed by the new changes. Did the space marine codex have any changes to standard autocannons? Since the Predator Autocannon is a unique weapon now I don't even know if they have a standard autocannon in the codex?  I am just curious like quasistellar if this will be the standard autocannon profile from now on and the Cognis rule is layered on top or this is a unique weapon now?

I'm still not that interested in the Radium Jezzail compared to the other options. Popping Broodlords from a safe distance sounds nice but I don't know how many Jezzail Dragoons it would require to do so and if it would just be easier to apply Cognis Autocanons directly to forehead.

Vanger

Vanger

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 714 posts

I'm impressed by the new changes. Did the space marine codex have any changes to standard autocannons? Since the Predator Autocannon is a unique weapon now I don't even know if they have a standard autocannon in the codex?  I am just curious like quasistellar if this will be the standard autocannon profile from now on and the Cognis rule is layered on top or this is a unique weapon now?

I'm still not that interested in the Radium Jezzail compared to the other options. Popping Broodlords from a safe distance sounds nice but I don't know how many Jezzail Dragoons it would require to do so and if it would just be easier to apply Cognis Autocanons directly to forehead.

Autocannons on the suppressors went from heavy 2 to heavy 3. So this is a trend, that autocannons become 3 shots each.
  • Prot and Magos Takatus like this

I took ballistics in school. Fascinating subject. Things go up! Things go down!

*Laughs in Heretic Astartes*

Magos Takatus

Magos Takatus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,540 posts

Ah yes, I had forgotten about those. Thanks for the help. :)

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,381 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children

Serberys Raiders/Sulphurhounds Leaks

Spoiler

+1T

-1W

The phosphor blast pistol becomes d3 shots instead of 1 shot.

The Arc Maul gain +1S and improves from AP-1 to AP-2

Edit: And everyone got an extra attack on profile

Edit 2: The sulphur breath gets the standard upgrade to 12" range and also improves its AP to -2 (from AP-1)
Also, the phosphor blast rifle goes from 4 shots to 2d3 shots. Which is statistically the same of course but seems like a weird change. Are all phosphor weaponry going to random amount of shots? Because then Kastelans will feel that as a giant nerf.

galvanic carbine got AP -1

Credit to the posters on reddit

• Prot and Metzombie like this

bRxSYDV.png

MagicHat

MagicHat

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 637 posts

The Ironstriders: Lovely changes.

The Serberys T/W change makes sense in relation to other cavalry/bikes, but is quite the nerf.

With the changes to phospor, Protector might change into re-roll amount of shots for Kastelans? Given that shoot twice have been disappearing.

• Prot likes this

Black_Knight

Black_Knight

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,879 posts

I am seeing that AP1 on the carbine on the raider and I am hoping our normal Rangers get it too, about time we got that back.

Edited by Black_Knight, 04 April 2021 - 11:04 AM.

gallery_48988_15465_45080.pnggallery_48988_15465_8206.pngETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_01.gif

quasistellar

quasistellar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 430 posts
They could actually be "blast" now.

Black_Knight

Black_Knight

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,879 posts

Which would make Kastellans even more scary against hordes, but a bit swingier against armour.

MajorNese

MajorNese

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,156 posts

Which would make Kastellans even more scary against hordes, but a bit swingier against armour.

The Blast changed was only listed for phosphor blast weaponry. The non-blast pistol still has one shot only. So no indication on how this might change for the bots.

gallery_6494_6331_8260.pnghhoth_majornesehts27qojyj.jpggallery_48988_11572_4164.pnggallery_48988_11572_12518.pnggallery_48988_15465_8459.pnggallery_48988_15465_5251.pnggallery_48988_6285_13120.pnglockdownpaintingchallwgjra.png

Prot

Prot

++ EQUES AEDITUUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 15,841 posts

It's odd to me we haven't seen Kastelan leaks yet. I think that's a defining unit for the army since inception of the Admech. I feel like we're all waiting for that info... between what they do, and how they do it, a lot could change here.

(Still would love to know if the art image is a new unit or an artist's license on a 'super dominus' or something. :)

• Vanger likes this

Click to see....
gallery_2760_14273_30255.jpg
Instagram: @Prot40k

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users