Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[40k] Codex: Adeptus Mechanicus

• Please log in to reply
161 replies to this topic

SkimaskMohawk

SkimaskMohawk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,224 posts
  • Faction: Raven Guard and VIII Legion

I like the heavy change to the galvanic guns. Makes them seem more like the old type line infantry muskets. Losing rapid fire hurts obviously but fluff wise it fits, and game wise they should be back line anyway.

Losing rapidfire only hurts when you're within 15" and moved.

brother_b

brother_b

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,201 posts

I’m hoping that onagers get double shots at under half move like the guard vehicles. This would make the neutron gun so much better and make up a little for the loss of our old special vehicle rule of move and shoot.

I like the ranger buff, my guys were back field anyway. Now I get double shots at full range and an extra AP. On a random note, I did equip one of my ranger alphas with a hand weapon and a rifle, I hope we get to keep that combination, so I don’t have an outdated model configuration.

and I know we have a lot of new units, and are getting the Marshall, but with a slow trickle of sister of battle models including their new heavy infantry preview, I hold out hope that we will get one more goodie as a surprise.

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpgsml_gallery_101149_13675_4249.jpg

Prot

Prot

++ EQUES AEDITUUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 15,841 posts

So many good things here, but I will leave my deeper thoughts for the admech forum, however it's really good to see the damage output of low level units become more appreciable especially with the escalation of damage present in 9th ed.

The interesting thing to see here is the costs associated. Most of these units are still paper, and will disappear to a sneeze so it has to stay relative. 

The thing is we could still see changes to vanguard weapons.... they might have held back on that one.

Click to see....
gallery_2760_14273_30255.jpg
Instagram: @Prot40k

Vanger

Vanger

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 714 posts

More shots, more reliable damage output. This change would make the enhanced data tethers worthwile if they stay as they are.

• Prot likes this

I took ballistics in school. Fascinating subject. Things go up! Things go down!

*Laughs in Heretic Astartes*

Burni

Burni

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,308 posts
Some really interesting changes! I love rangers so pleased with that change.

The fact they are previewing codex and it’s due really soon puts the nail in the coffin of the small remaining hope I had for anymore new units coming.

Prot

Prot

++ EQUES AEDITUUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 15,841 posts

Some really interesting changes! I love rangers so pleased with that change.

The fact they are previewing codex and it’s due really soon puts the nail in the coffin of the small remaining hope I had for anymore new units coming.

Agreed except.... that one art image we still don't know if that's some artist's interpretation of the "Cawl Inferior" or something similar...

I think we saw all the new units we're going to from last edition.

• Burni likes this

Click to see....
gallery_2760_14273_30255.jpg
Instagram: @Prot40k

Hathor42

Hathor42

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 409 posts
Boo arc guns better than tesla weapons.

Reclusiarch Krieg

Reclusiarch Krieg

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,058 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

Ruststalkers have -2 and -3 AP blades now. GOOD.

Black_Knight

Black_Knight

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,879 posts
  • Faction: AdMech, DW, IK, Blood Ravens

Ruststalkers + ap2/3 = Keep talking you have my attention...

gallery_48988_15465_45080.pnggallery_48988_15465_8206.pngETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_01.gif

Magos Takatus

Magos Takatus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,540 posts

I was thinking about having ten Fulgurite Electro Priests but if Ruststalkers manage to improve considerably I might waver when deciding between the two. I like the models for both so picking a favourite isn't that easy for me.

Formerly known as Flame Boy since about 1999. Time for a change! smile.png

My Adeptus Mechanicus Ploghttp://www.bolterand...og-torburnides/

My Ork Ploghttp://www.bolterand...oys-orky-horde/

https://www.instagra.../magos_takatus/

gallery_48988_15465_6059.png

quasistellar

quasistellar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 430 posts

Boo arc guns better than tesla weapons.

I definitely won’t argue that Tesla weapons didn’t get the shaft (they absolutely did and need a buff), but I always thought of Tesla as more anti-infantry and arc as more anti-tank. 

Black_Knight

Black_Knight

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,879 posts

I was thinking about having ten Fulgurite Electro Priests but if Ruststalkers manage to improve considerably I might waver when deciding between the two. I like the models for both so picking a favourite isn't that easy for me.

It was what Rustalkers should of always been in 8th(Elite troop killers, with Priest being the beat sticks for monsters and Hqs) but I found 8th tried to bring everything up to the same level removing a lot of what gave a unit its identity. In 9th they seem to be using that level to bring back the flavour without going to over the mark(Incubi). I am still hoping for damage two for the Rustalkers as well but maybe they get another attack to do the same thing.

Arc should be something, that hits vehicles like poison but kind of like a wet noodle for everything else. I think this new stat line works well, it wont scare the enemy too much but it will finish something off reliably after you run out of the bigger guns while not making vanguard scare elites off the board.

• Magos Takatus likes this

gallery_48988_15465_45080.pnggallery_48988_15465_8206.pngETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_01.gif

MajorNese

MajorNese

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,156 posts

The torsion cannon change feels thematically weird - the division between destroyers and breachers was that the former were backline fire support, while the latter were more resilient and in-your-face. Giving the Breachers a 48" weapon just seems odd. 

Beyond being a weird combo, it doesn't solve the core issue of the torsion cannon - being a single-shot weapon on a BS4+ model. Now it's a S8 lascannon, but it still doesn't hit reliably.

Galvanic rifles look fun. Now there's actual competition with Rangers, as it should be. Before, Rangers were simply not good at anything in particular, except for being cheap fillers and maybe ablative wounds for the transuranic arquebus.

My main takeaway from this article though is arc weaponry. Their core downside (intended to kill vehicles, but only wounds them on 5+ and doesn't get through armour) was reduced, without making it the instagib OP anti-vehicle weaponry of 7th edition (wounds on 2+, no save, non-superheavies only have 3-4hp). Seems like a good middle ground.

• Magos Takatus and Shinespider like this

gallery_6494_6331_8260.pnghhoth_majornesehts27qojyj.jpggallery_48988_11572_4164.pnggallery_48988_11572_12518.pnggallery_48988_15465_8459.pnggallery_48988_15465_5251.pnggallery_48988_6285_13120.pnglockdownpaintingchallwgjra.png

Dark Shepherd

Dark Shepherd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,376 posts
Valrak has a vid up with the new AdMech releases

Dice are great, just dots for 1-5 and logo for 6
Combat Patrol is 10 rangers, 3 breachers, enginseer, dunecrawler. Roughly 35% discount?

Edited by Dark Shepherd, 24 April 2021 - 10:08 AM.

Matrindur

Matrindur

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 67 posts

43HfIZe.png

Edited by Matrindur, 24 April 2021 - 10:09 AM.

• Dark Shepherd likes this

TrawlingCleaner

TrawlingCleaner

++ CLOACARIUS RETICULUM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,225 posts

As someone who's starting Ad Mech that's a pretty slick box, I'm sure people who already have a collection it's not too great although who doesn't need more Kataphrons

Black_Knight

Black_Knight

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,879 posts

Finally some news and the box is... meh.

Its a pretty good starter box, a good range of needed models but unfortunately I don't think thatmany who are already devoted tech-priests will want it as they have most of what is in there. It is nice to see the breachers in there

Oooh I like the dice :)

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 7,171 posts
That box is great for conversion bits
banana

nagashnee

nagashnee

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 381 posts

Box looks pretty solid, tho i think not a big seller for existing Mech players. Was hopping for some cydonian goodness myself.

The Mechanicum Never Deletes Anything.

Jukkiz

Jukkiz

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,043 posts
  • Faction: Sinners

where be the dice?

I´ve yet to see them

"Every world is under Emperors might, then why i feel empty..."

15th tactical marine 6th company, Ermus. Sinners chapter

Black_Knight

Black_Knight

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,879 posts

I have only seen them on Valraks video, a nice and simple colour.

Vesalius

Vesalius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 80 posts
I’d be more excited for the CP if it wasn’t just the sc box with kataphron.

Oh well, glad to see dunecrawlers are back in, they make for great conversion fodder.

Black_Knight

Black_Knight

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,879 posts

Heres hoping for cheap breachers on ebay.

• Magos Takatus and Vesalius like this

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,302 posts

I’d be more excited for the CP if it wasn’t just the sc box with kataphron.

Oh well, glad to see dunecrawlers are back in, they make for great conversion fodder.

My Orks have waited a long time for lootin' of one.
  • Vesalius likes this
Signature not compliant with forum rules.
Hidden Content

Lord Nord

Lord Nord

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 944 posts

...and whatever fading hope I still had for a stealth release of plastic Servitors alongside the AdMech codex is fully snuffed out.

I wouldn't even gatekeep you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users