Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[40k] Adepta Sororitas - Castigator Tank

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
148 replies to this topic

Joe

Joe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,153 posts

unknown.png

Simple, but effective. I love the Abrams-esque turret.
  • Montford, Nomus Sardauk, Zebulon and 4 others like this

mkbKIlr.png

SkimaskMohawk

SkimaskMohawk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,253 posts
  • Faction: Raven Guard and VIII Legion

It completely doesn't fit the aesthetic of the range

• Interrogator Stobz, Valkyrion, Lucerne and 6 others like this

Lord Marshal

Lord Marshal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,945 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Guard

Definitely prefer this Not-Predator to the Primaris tank designs.

Edited by Lord Marshal, 20 March 2021 - 02:20 PM.

• mithrilforge, Black Blow Fly, Master Commander Ajax and 13 others like this
gallery_30308_9518_1272.jpggallery_30308_9518_1551.pngsml_gallery_48988_16308_9366.png

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,493 posts

So pretty...

• Dark Shepherd likes this

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 7,184 posts
I dig it.

Alt builds

Twin auto
Castigator auto cannon,

Still, it's a predator :D
  • Warhead01 likes this
banana

Joe

Joe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,153 posts
unknown.png

A nice little autocannon variant - presumably some more?

mkbKIlr.png

Spinsanity

Spinsanity

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 922 posts

A nice little autocannon variant - presumably some more?

Should we expect a Lascannon + Twin-plasmagun one?

ST.Lazarus

ST.Lazarus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 405 posts

Such a strange unit type to add to the sisters. 

• Doghouse, templargdt, Valkyrion and 2 others like this

Noserenda

Noserenda

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,557 posts
  • Faction: Scythes of the Emperor

Nice predator update with a proper turret, if the sponsons are optional my SoB project might be back on :D 

matcap86

matcap86

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 251 posts
  • Faction: DA, Custo, Ad-mech, GsC, SoB

This one just looks a bit weird to me. As if they put on a too big turret on a too small chassis. 

• beefeb and Vesalius like this

SkimaskMohawk

SkimaskMohawk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,253 posts

"We'll show you more sororitas in future previews"

Thanks, for really dragging it out....

• Lord Marshal, Silas7 and NKirkham24 like this

Joe

Joe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,153 posts
Can't say I blame them - the Sisters got a special mention in the investor statement for last year.

mkbKIlr.png

Wildblaze

Wildblaze

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 15 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels
Love it, and I'm both presently surprised and also slightly annoyed it wasn't the repressor.

Very happy at least that the sisters will be continuing to use the rhino chassis, its such an iconic part of 40k and still looks infinitely better than any of the vehicles they've done for primaris. Hopefully the land raider can maybe find a home there too at some point.
  • jeremy1391, Master Commander Ajax, Iron Father Ferrum and 3 others like this

SkimaskMohawk

SkimaskMohawk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,253 posts
Theres a point when marketing tactics just become transparent. If we know there's this selection of stuff about to drop in the next 6 months, but they drip feed it while showing snippets on rumour engine to let us know there's more, it takes away from the hype instead of sustaining it.
  • Lucerne likes this

Lemondish

Lemondish

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,571 posts

The range is two aesthetics, one which is dominated by body horror maniacs bent on redemption or punishment. The other is baroque and gothic. This fits that aesthetic perfectly. It even has bits that look directly pulled from the Immolator.

Theres a point when marketing tactics just become transparent. If we know there's this selection of stuff about to drop in the next 6 months, but they drip feed it while showing snippets on rumour engine to let us know there's more, it takes away from the hype instead of sustaining it.

False.

Edited by Lemondish, 20 March 2021 - 02:44 PM.

• Nomus Sardauk, Son of Carnelian and Antarius like this

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,911 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment
Now that’s a tank. Stoked to see sisters getting some armor.
  • Redrandy93, Master Commander Ajax, Iron Father Ferrum and 1 other like this

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

Valkyrion

Valkyrion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,601 posts

Knowing what they could have done to the Space Marine Rhino and Predator (and no doubt Whirlwind and Vindicator) in lieu of creating an all new aesthetic for 30 years of established material just makes me even more sad that Primaris exist. 

At least the sisters can enjoy them and I can always buy one for my old marines and marineify it, but nevertheless it chafes to know that my space marines will never receive a single new update after all these years and all these thousands of pounds.

Shame. 

• Master Commander Ajax, Lucerne, Iron Father Ferrum and 4 others like this

Seahawk

Seahawk

++ OSSIFRAGUS PRAECURSORIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 9,422 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines
So I was right on my first drawn in pic.

A predator but featuring a battle cannon? Or twin autocannon instead of a single? 3 heavy bolters instead of 2?

Yea this thing is what predators wish they were, it's sooo much better.

I'll take 3.
  • Redrandy93, Captain Idaho, Black Blow Fly and 5 others like this

Fluff: Naval Operations of Ultramar. Also includes all known named ships for all chapters, as well as ship sizes and assorted information.

Personal: The Renegade Hobbyist. This is where I do things! Also, follow me on Twitter at @Atomic_Hamsters.

Post link for all the instances in which Reanimation Protocols doesn't activate, but should. 

Valkyrion

Valkyrion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,601 posts

The range is two aesthetics, one which is dominated by body horror maniacs bent on redemption or punishment. The other is baroque and gothic. This fits that aesthetic perfectly. It even has bits that look directly pulled from the Immolator.

False.

With regards to the aesthetic - the main gun seems off to me. A more righteous looking Baal predator would fit better with all its burny goodness, or a giant massive heavy bolter style gun - this just seems too, I dunno...round?

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,406 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children

Not sure if this is what Sisters needed added to their roster, frankly, but it's nice enough

bRxSYDV.png

Evil Eye

Evil Eye

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,269 posts
  • Faction: Chaos and Tyranids.

Definitely prefer the twin autocannon turret but overall I like it! The hull Heavy Bolter seems a bit overkill for the size of the model, but only a bit. Kinda gives me WW2 US tank "PUT MORE MACHINE GUNS ON" vibes.

• Redrandy93 and Arendious like this

ztbmByp.png

I come here to discuss and find out about Warhammer 40,000 with people of every ethnicity, sexuality, country and yes, as sickening as it is, even Eldar players.

"Guns don't kill people, people kill people, but monkeys do too, if they've got a gun." -Inquisitor Edmund Izzardos, on Jokaero.

(Formerly known as Squigsquasher)

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,493 posts

Why shouldn't the sister have a main battle tank, exactly?

• Ldorte, Nomus Sardauk, Iron Father Ferrum and 2 others like this

Lienna

Lienna

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 63 posts
Eh, doesn't quite feel like a sisters vehicle to me, unless that main gun fires melta bombs then this doesn't have a whiff of holy trinity to it.

Makes me feel that they want Sisters to replace old marines instead of getting new things...
  • Lucerne, beefeb and SkimaskMohawk like this

gallery_48988_15094_7420.pnggallery_48988_15094_1196.pnggallery_48988_15094_792.pnggallery_48988_15094_6770.png

Borbarad

Borbarad

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 259 posts

Looks much nicer from the front and top than from the side. Like it a lot, looks more intimidating than the predator.

• Redrandy93 likes this

SkimaskMohawk

SkimaskMohawk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,253 posts

False.

You're really good at talking down to people while being desperately wrong lemondish. What was it the last time, marine power units deserving of nerfs?

The sororitas range's aesthetic is religion if it was militarized; the basic troopers are monks, their elites are angels, their heavy vehicles are shrines, one of their special characters is a living saint. The body horror part is to refer back to flagellation and concepts of "salvation" for sinners. It's all about the religion.

This tank is too utilitarian for something that's supposed to be a holy instrument. It's arguably the least ornamented of all their tanks; it has the cornices and braziers, but the rhino has large ministorum and sororitas icons dominating the model. The immolator blows it out of the water; the exorcist puts it to shame.
  • m3ntor, Marshal Loss, Lucerne and 6 others like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users