Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[40k] Adepta Sororitas - Castigator Tank

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
148 replies to this topic

Doghouse

Doghouse

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,215 posts

I'm not sure yet if I like the model or not. I love that they are using an existing STC template, I really like that it has an additional gun on the front but the turret feels a bit off to me for some reason I can't quiet put my finger on.

Nice addition to the range though.

• Master Commander Ajax, beefeb and Antarius like this

Truescale MKIII Tutorial

Montford

Montford

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 968 posts
  • Faction: Sisters of Battle/Red Templars

This one just looks a bit weird to me. As if they put on a too big turret on a too small chassis. 

Makes sense to me considering they need room for a Battle Cannon.

Peace may cost less than war, or infinitely more, for war cannot cost more than one's own life.

-Klingon proverb

Montford

Montford

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 968 posts

I have been wanting a MBT for my Sisters since 2003. It is here at last! It looks beautiful and definitely suits the Sisters. Considering the size/class of the main gun and the slightly bulkier look I find myself hoping it will be T8 (the Vindicator and Exorcist are and all three share the same chassis). It certainly fills the need for more weapon systems that have a range of more than 24 inches.

With all the new models coming out I sense a new Codex on the horizon. In it I sincerely hope that GW alters the conviction for Sacred Rose as overwatch has drastically changed in 9th. If they do, and that change is something that aids shooting, then I think I might be able to field an effective Mechanized list. Man that would really be cool. cool.png

• Irbis, Antarius and ThePenitentOne like this

Peace may cost less than war, or infinitely more, for war cannot cost more than one's own life.

-Klingon proverb

Noserenda

Noserenda

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,547 posts
  • Faction: Scythes of the Emperor

The turret might seem small because 40k as a rule usually has waaaaay too small turrets on its tanks, something they have been getting better at recently. 

• Magos Takatus, Nomus Sardauk, Irbis and 2 others like this

sairence

sairence

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 741 posts

I have been wanting a MBT for my Sisters since 2003. It is here at last! It looks beautiful and definitely suits the Sisters. Considering the size/class of the main gun and the slightly bulkier look I find myself hoping it will be T8 (the Vindicator and Exorcist are and all three share the same chassis). It certainly fills the need for more weapon systems that have a range of more than 24 inches.

Battlecannon/Twin-Autocannon, tripple HB, probably interchangeable with HFs...if you make it toughness 8 you get more or less a copy of the Leman. At least the TC one, since this is going to get BS 3+, being Sisters.

I'm not begrudging Sisters getting new stuff, but can't help feeling like my Guard is getting it's turf trodden on hard with this one. :-/
  • m3ntor, beefeb, Arendious and 1 other like this
gallery_30308_9518_8251.png

ShibeKing

ShibeKing

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 338 posts
Pretty cool to see the Sisters have a MBT now. I'm guessing the next announcement will be their flyer.

Edited by ShibeKing, 20 March 2021 - 05:58 PM.

• jeremy1391 likes this

MagicHat

MagicHat

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 642 posts

Battlecannon/Twin-Autocannon, tripple HB, probably interchangeable with HFs...if you make it toughness 8 you get more or less a copy of the Leman. At least the TC one, since this is going to get BS 3+, being Sisters.

I'm not begrudging Sisters getting new stuff, but can't help feeling like my Guard is getting it's turf trodden on hard with this one. :-/

Adam Troke said it didn't have options for HF, but he could be wrong I guess. Described it as a long range platform, a mobile pillbox.

Urauloth

Urauloth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,260 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard

This one just looks a bit weird to me. As if they put on a too big turret on a too small chassis. 

I think they did, because the rhino is undersized in general these days. Seeing that tiny track assembly supporting a turret and weapon this size makes it more apparent than usual. It's kinda like seeing a rhino transport next to a new-scale astartes model.

• matcap86 likes this

Its lonely cry comes shivering through the dark,

As beasts roar at the great biting flames,

"Blessed are the chains that bind him to the darkness

and cursed are the blades that leave him lame"

Ryltar Thamior

Ryltar Thamior

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 933 posts

I gotta say - I'm amused that they finally put a more realistic sized turret on a Rhino for a Predator-esque vehicle ... and it's not a Marine crewed one. 

Insofar as it's always bugged me just how you're supposed to fit a fully armoured Astartes in such a thing with the addition of the firing mechanisms for a main gun inside the turret. 

But with that ... I presume it's a 'castigator' that weapon - it looks about right. A nice offset, even. 

Decent use of the STC Rhino template - particularly with the additions, the braziers and statues etc. even the turret storage bins ,the fine engraving, the sights, which do add that level of gothicness. Looks like it's new wholus-bolus sprues rather than a recut regular rhino/predator set,  too. 

• Montford, Noserenda, Antarius and 1 other like this
Vox Stellarum efforts:
The Unyielding Adamanticores [truescale Astartes, auxilia, and sectorial AdMech; M37/38]
The Haunting Harii of Hvergelmir [truescale Astartes ... and associates]
The Unification Wars [truescale Thunder Warriors, (Proto-)Astartes, Army of Unification, Aegyptian-style Proto-Mechanicus raiders, etc.]
Combat Archaeology [Tomb Raiding for Fun & Prophet]
Horus Heresy [truescale loyalist IVth, VIIIth; Agents of the Sigillite; VIth; and so much more; and Umbral's amazing Traitors]
The Worlds-Wide Webway [(Dark) Eldar, Imperial Inquisition, an a-maze-ing realmweave of fear and wondermeant]
Thorian Inquisition [some rather different Inquisitorial Storm Troopers, true-scale Fire Hawks, Black Dragon, Inquisitor and associates, etc.]
For Whom The Great Bell Tolls Thrice [attempts to put the 'priest' back in 'tech-priest' with more-medieval mechanicus]
InquisiNecronMunda [the log that incepted it all - at least two Inquisitors, truescale Deathwatch, local enforcers, cultists, etc.]

jaxom

jaxom

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,013 posts

I'm not sure yet if I like the model or not. I love that they are using an existing STC template, I really like that it has an additional gun on the front but the turret feels a bit off to me for some reason I can't quiet put my finger on.

Nice addition to the range though.

One's opinion on the barrel seems to be the make or break based on similar comments. I think it's the lack of filigree/baroqueness and the odd ring at the tip (rather than a muzzle break like on the Russ); those are throwing me for a loop. I foresee a lot of intricate barrel paint jobs and third-party barrel replacements.

• Castellan Wulfrik likes this

sml_gallery_48988_15094_5489.pngsml_gallery_48988_15094_6481.pnggallery_48988_15094_792.pnggallery_48988_15094_7590.pnggallery_48988_15094_3504.png

Past Event Banners

Spoiler

Robbienw

Robbienw

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,349 posts
I am not liking this second wave of sisters models so far.
  • Lucerne and beefeb like this

Doghouse

Doghouse

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,215 posts

I'm interested to see how many Predators that turret turns up on.

• Redrandy93, Marshal Rohr, infyrana and 3 others like this

Truescale MKIII Tutorial

Shinespider

Shinespider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,116 posts

Pintle weapons are aesthetic cancer.

That is my only opinion.

• Vesalius likes this

Call_of_Chaos_11_Banner_02.jpg

sitnam

sitnam

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 553 posts

Adam Troke said it didn't have options for HF, but he could be wrong I guess. Described it as a long range platform, a mobile pillbox.

I kind of like this. It leaves the Immolator a bit more secure in this niche, and solidifies the Castigators role.

I'm excited that we are getting a battle tank, bid sad to see it's just a gothic Predator. Overall I like it. The barrels seem a bit out of place, but I really like the side sponson design
  • Lucerne likes this
Posted Image
The Order of His Amethyst Heart
The Dancing Scythes Chapter

firestorm40k

firestorm40k

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,167 posts
  • Faction: Legion of Taurus
Totally expected a revamped Repressor, well done to those who called it as a Sororitas Predator equivalent :tu:

What else would their range need? It's got a few choices for each force org slot now.
My Chaos Marine project log, the (infamous!) Legion of Taurus: http://www.bolterand...arine-army-log/

Plaguecaster

Plaguecaster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,136 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard
Nice to see an actual proper tank for a change instead of that horrendous primaris hover crap
True tanks have treads

Give them Land raiders next and make actual tanks good again
  • Montford, Master Commander Ajax, Iron Father Ferrum and 4 others like this
Nurgle Abominarions: A Host of Decay Revived for 8th​.
UPDATED 29/07/17

sitnam

sitnam

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 553 posts

Totally expected a revamped Repressor, well done to those who called it as a Sororitas Predator equivalent :tu:

What else would their range need? It's got a few choices for each force org slot now.

I know quite a few people want a second troop option, although I myself don't think it's necessary.

Would be nice to get a new Fast Attack option, but I really hope it's not bikes. I hate bikes. Unless they are jetbikes. I like jetbikes
  • firestorm40k likes this
Posted Image
The Order of His Amethyst Heart
The Dancing Scythes Chapter

jaxom

jaxom

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,013 posts

Autobuy for Black Templar players?

• Doghouse likes this

sml_gallery_48988_15094_5489.pngsml_gallery_48988_15094_6481.pnggallery_48988_15094_792.pnggallery_48988_15094_7590.pnggallery_48988_15094_3504.png

Past Event Banners

Spoiler

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,875 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines
It looks amazing, imo.
  • Montford likes this

-~Ishagu~-

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,910 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment

Definitely mine :D

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

Montford

Montford

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 968 posts

Totally expected a revamped Repressor, well done to those who called it as a Sororitas Predator equivalent thumbsup.gif

I know quite a few people want a second troop option, although I myself don't think it's necessary.

Would be nice to get a new Fast Attack option, but I really hope it's not bikes. I hate bikes. Unless they are jetbikes. I like jetbikes

As far as Fast Attack goes I would love to see a troop carrying Landspeeder for Sisters smile.png

Edited by Montford, 20 March 2021 - 06:30 PM.

• firestorm40k likes this

-Klingon proverb

A Melancholic Sanguinity

A Melancholic Sanguinity

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 732 posts
It could just be the angles shown, but those smoke launchers and brazier exhausts look like they'd interfere with the turret's traverse.
  • Master Commander Ajax and Lucerne like this

SufficientAnonymity

SufficientAnonymity

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 729 posts
  • Faction: Templars, SoBs, Custodes
Finally a tank with a sensibly sized turret.

Definitely getting one - I can't wait to see how this looks in white and silver for my Iron Veil.
  • NKirkham24 likes this

Fighting Company Grimaldus: http://www.bolterand...pany-grimaldus/

The Order of the Iron Veil: http://www.bolterand...-the-iron-veil/
Instagram: https://instagram.co...g.for.my.sanity

Twitter: https://twitter.com/SanityPainting

sml_gallery_48988_15094_4327.pngsml_gallery_48988_15094_2322.pngsml_gallery_48988_15094_5489.pngsml_gallery_48988_15094_6481.pnggallery_48988_15094_1684.pnggallery_45765_12339_1203.png

Previous Trophies

Spoiler

Lhorke The First

Lhorke The First

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 230 posts

I will definitely be buying these for my space marines! Some minor conversion should make this suitable.

Edited by Lhorke The First, 20 March 2021 - 07:27 PM.

You wish to see a unified Twelfth Legion, yes? -Khârn

ETL_VI_Banner_Primus_Interpares_Chaos.jpETL_VI_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei_02_.jpgqVQuHsg.pngCall_of_Chaos_11_Banner_01f.jpggallery_29004_15471_5616.png

jeremy1391

jeremy1391

++ LIBRITOR VALIDUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 5,356 posts
  • Faction: Knights/imperial fists
I love it! It’s basically the love child of a leman Russ and a predator.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users