Penitent

@Brother Lunkhead you read the end of the book first!!!!

That’s very Harry Met Sally of you!

YUP....... can't remember the last good book I've read where I didn't figure out the ending long before I got there. The one's I've read where I didn't, to a book weren't worth the journey. There's nothing clever here, I've just read a lot of stuff:yes: ....... more than I probably should have:blush.:

• 2 weeks later...
Finally finished. Took awhile as I started it, couldn't remember the overarching plot and was going back to reread Pariah, then decided to go back to the start and reread from the Eisenhorn Trilogy onwards. Forgotten just how good they are and Penitent didn't disappoint either. I hope there isn't another 8 years wait before Pandemonium arrives.

Finally finished. Took awhile as I started it, couldn't remember the overarching plot and was going back to reread Pariah, then decided to go back to the start and reread from the Eisenhorn Trilogy onwards. Forgotten just how good they are and Penitent didn't disappoint either. I hope there isn't another 8 years wait before Pandemonium arrives.

I did a re-read from the start too. What a fantastic series of books!

And yes please Ruinous Powers - let it not be a long wait for Pandaemonium!!!!!

Gonna re-read Pentitent in a few months. So much happening it was almost overwhelming and totally deserves a second pass.

• 1 month later...

So who else thinks that the 'Yellow King' is not actually running the show, but in fact Deathrow, who is actually  Alpharius or Omegon? 

Doubtful, but it is interesting that a Alpha Legion marine would be working with a excommunicated Inquisitor in general. Did we ever get a story about how he joined up?

• 1 month later...

I'm listening to matter of mankind again

I am like 100% certain the impossible city from master of mankind, is the same location/city pandemonium (the impossible city) is in penitent.

My guess.

Emps sealed the webway gate on Terra to protect Terra.

Valdor left in 30k searching for another entry way to the city, and found a way either through eldar webway gates, or a access point to it via daot "extiment" space, i.e. webway.

He's been fortifying the area around the gate to Terra, preparing for the time in which the emperor doesn't need to protect and seal the gate.

I'm listening to matter of mankind again

I am like 100% certain the impossible city from master of mankind, is the same location/city pandemonium (the impossible city) is in penitent.

My guess.

Emps sealed the webway gate on Terra to protect Terra.

Valdor left in 30k searching for another entry way to the city, and found a way either through eldar webway gates, or a access point to it via daot "extiment" space, i.e. webway.

He's been fortifying the area around the gate to Terra, preparing for the time in which the emperor doesn't need to protect and seal the gate.

Nice theory. I said something similar in The Magos thread in my post/review on 12 March (inside spoilers). Cut n snip here...

SNIP...

However, I can take some solace from the fact that there has clearly been an “eternal war” being fought all this time behind the veil, only (perhaps) being commanded by Valdor. Indeed Calistar and Thaumeizin feel analogous if not the same.

...SNIP