Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Penitent

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

Brother Lunkhead

Brother Lunkhead

++ ANTICUS ÆSALON ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,958 posts
  • Faction: Praetorian Sword, Ultramarines

@Brother Lunkhead you read the end of the book first!!!!

That’s very Harry Met Sally of you!

YUP....... can't remember the last good book I've read where I didn't figure out the ending long before I got there. The one's I've read where I didn't, to a book weren't worth the journey. There's nothing clever here, I've just read a lot of stuffyes.gif ....... more than I probably should haveblush.png

sml_gallery_49400_16059_1314.png sml_gallery_49400_16059_25207.png sml_gallery_49400_16059_4939.jpg

b1soul

b1soul

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,461 posts
I never thought I'd read a tale of Inquisitors, Astartes, Eccelsiarchs, and IoM citizens and secret societies in a city like something outta Great Expectations...but I'm loving it.
  • Brother Lunkhead and Knockagh like this

Anthedon

Anthedon

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7 posts

There's no print edition that fits with the original cover style of Pariah, right? My poor bookshelf.

• Carach likes this

Felix Antipodes

Felix Antipodes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 803 posts
  • Faction: Fighting Furies
Finally finished. Took awhile as I started it, couldn't remember the overarching plot and was going back to reread Pariah, then decided to go back to the start and reread from the Eisenhorn Trilogy onwards. Forgotten just how good they are and Penitent didn't disappoint either. I hope there isn't another 8 years wait before Pandemonium arrives.
  • Knockagh and DukeLeto69 like this

DukeLeto69

DukeLeto69

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,369 posts

Finally finished. Took awhile as I started it, couldn't remember the overarching plot and was going back to reread Pariah, then decided to go back to the start and reread from the Eisenhorn Trilogy onwards. Forgotten just how good they are and Penitent didn't disappoint either. I hope there isn't another 8 years wait before Pandemonium arrives.

I did a re-read from the start too. What a fantastic series of books!

And yes please Ruinous Powers - let it not be a long wait for Pandaemonium!!!!!

Gonna re-read Pentitent in a few months. So much happening it was almost overwhelming and totally deserves a second pass.
  • Felix Antipodes likes this

Nineswords

Nineswords

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 782 posts
  • Faction: Storm Sons

There's no print edition that fits with the original cover style of Pariah, right? My poor bookshelf.

No, I consider the original edition very rare now as it only had one run.

• Knockagh likes this

+++

'We are the sword of Jaghatai. Had you not created great sins, the Emperor would not have sent a punishment like us upon you.'

Index Astartes: Storm Sons
+++

‘We estrange our fathers and forsake false brotherhoods. The War God cares not from whence we came, only that we fight.’
The Unbroken: A Renegade Cult of Obliteration

+++

animal310

animal310

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 62 posts

Spoiler

Lord_Ikka

Lord_Ikka

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +