Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Adeptus Titanicus - new Volkite Weapons

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,381 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children

Which Titans Can Use Them?

Volkite weapons are on the way for Warhound, Reaver, and Warlord Titans. They come in two types – volkite eradicators for Warhounds and Reavers and mighty volkite destructors for Warlords.

7OBkaM6h1fE9KZXO.jpg

More pictures:

Spoiler

Rules:

Spoiler

Edited by Marshal Loss, 25 March 2021 - 11:45 AM.

• jeremy1391, fire golem, Loquille and 1 other like this

bRxSYDV.png

fire golem

fire golem

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,070 posts
  • Faction: XVth Legion, Loyal Siege force
I do love a Volkite weapon...
jchg6H0GVDGMv0xt-846x587.jpg

NQjmW3JqWzCyaRne.jpg

YAe7jsEXZsvZkFrI.jpg

https://www.warhamme...olkite-weapons/

fire golem

fire golem

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,070 posts
Damn, ninja’d ;)

I love Volkite Weapons.

Redcomet

Redcomet

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 586 posts
Choom choom traitors!

N1SB

N1SB

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,355 posts

CHOOM

• m0nolith likes this

Elzender

Elzender

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,214 posts
Oooooh, those are nice, and finally we get titan-grade choom! Choom for the Choom God! Ash for the Pile of Ash!

My blog (in Spanish): http://suenosdeuncon...logspot.com.es/

ETL_2016_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei01.jpggallery_48988_10069_73849.png

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,906 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment
Finally found my Bubble Buster for my Rock Em Sock Em Princeps

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

Jolemai

Jolemai

++ CERDONIS CÆDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 14,731 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

Threads merged

• Marshal Loss and fire golem like this

gallery_62972_14467_5178.jpggallery_62972_14467_1351.jpggallery_48988_15094_4929.pnggallery_62972_14467_2702.jpggallery_48988_15094_2403.pnggallery_62972_14467_4151.jpggallery_62972_14467_3390.jpg

Blogs Blood Angels | Veritas Vitae | Battle Reports | Terrain | IXth Legion | Miscellaneous Imperials | Delaque
1000 Scout list W:0 D:0 L:0
1250 Death Company List (jump) W:0 D:0 L:0
1500 Light Mech List W:0 D:0 L:2 Dreadnought List W:2 D:0 L:1
1750 Hybrid List W:0 D:0 L:0
1850 Death Company List (mech) W:0 D:0 L:0
2000 Heavy Mech List W:0 D:0 L:1 Two Towers List W:0 D:0 L:0
Apocalypse W:1 D:0 L:0 | Heresy 2500 Mechanised IXth W:2 D:1 L:0

fire golem

fire golem

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,070 posts

Threads merged

Thanks!

SkimaskMohawk

SkimaskMohawk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,224 posts
  • Faction: Raven Guard and VIII Legion
Wow, unexpected but appreciated. They still don't understand that voidbreaker does bonus procs on the hit roll and not on each hit. It's one of many different titanicusisms that need a faq or at least a community consensus, but so far the consensus is one proc per weapon.

Let's break this down a bit further. As the rules currently work, the warlords weapon is junk. 3 str 6 shots that can proc up to 5 hits on voids, at 24". Compare that to the macro gatling with its 6 str 7 ordnance at the same range. Or the plasma. The volkite is just much worse than either. Beam is super situational and will get used to get around the to-hit roll more than the pierce. Even the light version loses badly to the VMB and missiles because of voidbreaker working differently from how they think. Unless it's dirt cheap, I don't see it being a good option.

Still. Sour about another non-heresy resin release, even if it's for a game I love to play.

Edited by SkimaskMohawk, 25 March 2021 - 12:16 PM.

Robbienw

Robbienw

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,348 posts

They are nice, very well realised big Volkites, i'll take 2 of each!

The Observer

The Observer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,463 posts
  • Faction: The Legions of Yore
YES

People like to whinge and moan about "the good old days," when things "were cool" and now somehow aren't.
One would think that this energy would be better invested in pursuing things one finds more to one's liking.
Then again, common sense doesn't seem to be all that common.

Rik Lightstar

Rik Lightstar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,385 posts
  • Faction: Astral Claws, Mantis Warriors

Wow, unexpected but appreciated. They still don't understand that voidbreaker does bonus procs on the hit roll and not on each hit. It's one of many different titanicusisms that need a faq or at least a community consensus, but so far the consensus is one proc per weapon.

Let's break this down a bit further. As the rules currently work, the warlords weapon is junk. 3 str 6 shots that can proc up to 5 hits on voids, at 24". Compare that to the macro gatling with its 6 str 7 ordnance at the same range. Or the plasma. The volkite is just much worse than either. Beam is super situational and will get used to get around the to-hit roll more than the pierce. Even the light version loses badly to the VMB and missiles because of voidbreaker working differently from how they think. Unless it's dirt cheap, I don't see it being a good option.

Still. Sour about another non-heresy resin release, even if it's for a game I love to play.

With the WarCom commentary* of stripping all shields from a WarMaster in one volley it suggests the intent is that each successful hit forces a total of 3 saves, so with 3 shots a potential of 9 saves and a good chance to force at least 6. Not that that's much/any better than a big Gatling Cannon or Apocalypse Launchers.

*I fully appreciate that the WarCom team have been wrong on occasions and it's possible they're wrong about this.

Rik

The Codex Astartes: Taking Away The Freedom Of The Astartes To Pigeonhole Themselves, 
And Restricting Them To Supreme Flexibility Since M31

nagashnee

nagashnee

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 381 posts
Great stuff.

The Mechanicum Never Deletes Anything.

SkimaskMohawk

SkimaskMohawk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,224 posts

With the WarCom commentary* of stripping all shields from a WarMaster in one volley it suggests the intent is that each successful hit forces a total of 3 saves, so with 3 shots a potential of 9 saves and a good chance to force at least 6. Not that that's much/any better than a big Gatling Cannon or Apocalypse Launchers.

*I fully appreciate that the WarCom team have been wrong on occasions and it's possible they're wrong about this.

Rik

This is a weird one because as you say, warcom have been wrong on things in the past. But the Titanicus book is full of things that are intended to work in one way, but are completely unsupported by how the rules are actually written.

The first instance of volkite (and voidbreaker in general being used) was on the mechanicum knights, and we all read it pretty clearly;

"If a voidbreaker weapon hits a target with active void shields..."

If the weapon hits, you get bonuses. Oh well we thought, the knights seemed like a support unit and you could double up on arms so it might have been too strong if it was per hit.

But now, these weapons are objectively worse than other equivalents in almost every way without voidbreaker working on a per-hit basis. So there might be a community agreement (as I mentioned) to play it in that fashion. Kind of like how raw barrage is always at -4 to hit, but it's never played in that manner.
  • Uberlord Gendo and LetsYouDown like this

Noserenda

Noserenda

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,528 posts
  • Faction: Scythes of the Emperor

Yeah that was my reaction too, really nice models, something the community really wanted, but completely worthless rules again.

Like... Beam on a shield stripper weapon? Best case you could kill a badly damaged Questoris and then chip the paint on its mate...

Plaguecaster

Plaguecaster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,136 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard
I'm not interested in titanicus much but will probably pick up a few titans for collecting purposes as I love volkite weapons and they do look pretty awesome
Nurgle Abominarions: A Host of Decay Revived for 8th​.
UPDATED 29/07/17

Arendious

Arendious

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 360 posts
  • Faction: Umbral Owls
I think the Beam rule is certainly lore-accurate, though I concur that it's usefulness seems diminished. I was rather hoping AT volkite would get a variant of 'deflagrate' that would chain to other nearby shields if it dropped all of them on one target.

"Take this, thy reflector belt, that the Emperor's Holy Light will shine in all the places that you go."  ~Commissar Lemay, Imperial Flying Corpsgallery_48988_6285_18080.png

Master Ciaphas

Master Ciaphas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,389 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels

They look awesome and beautiful - and I will be getting one of each, regardless of iffy-rules. However, because of the the brainfart that was Brexit, I will not be getting anything from Forge World, before I can go to Nottingham in person. Sigh.

Never Forget, Never Forgive

ETL_03_Custos_Fidei_Vow_01.jpghmpEPhP.pngIvRHEXT.png

Kain Mor

Kain Mor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 449 posts
  • Faction: Astra Militarum, Night Lords
I absolutely love the look of these! I wonder if the Warlord ones would fit nicely on a dreadnought

jeremy1391

jeremy1391

++ LIBRITOR VALIDUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 5,356 posts
  • Faction: Knights/imperial fists
If they make these for the full size Titans I will totally finally dish out the cash for a Reaver

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,381 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children

Up for preorder this week

• Lord Marshal and LetsYouDown like this

bRxSYDV.png

SkimaskMohawk

SkimaskMohawk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,224 posts
I love how supported AT is with content, but man does that preview-to-release time on the resin stuff embarrass the 30k side of things.
  • LetsYouDown likes this

Brother Adelard

Brother Adelard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,136 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars
Perhaps it's because of how few components they are? The Reaver gun is probably two components on one gate. The Warhound maybe the same. That's not exactly high production cost, just get the intern to churn them out!

O787td6.jpggallery_38474_6916_6036.jpg

Mendi Warrior

Mendi Warrior

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,769 posts

It seems they stealth edited the WarCom article ... no traces of volkite weapons anymore ... Curious to see the reason. Maybe next Friday won't be too expensive after all (it is just delaying the inevitable anyway).

• SufficientAnonymity likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users