Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Possible Kroot Easter Egg in Drukhari Dex? [Disproven]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

ThePenitentOne

ThePenitentOne

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,259 posts
  • Faction: Sisters of Battle

Okay, so I've jumped the gun in eager optimism many-a-time, but there's a picture of a battle between the Drukhari and some Kroot. It could just be the angle or the paint, but these Kroot look good; their quill hair looks like more of a mane than the models on the GW site, though those aren't shown in profile, so it's hard to tell.

The photo in question is pg 40-41. If you have or are getting the dex, check it out and let me know what you think.

Even the Grotesque in this photo looks decent- I had to do a double take- thought it could have been a new sculpt too... Still has the same awkward posing though.

Edited by Xenith, 28 March 2021 - 09:08 AM.

Brother Adelard

Brother Adelard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,241 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars
Can you scan it? If you only have your phone, try the Office Lens app? (Free scanning app which can convert photos to PDF, and can flatten images out of a book.)

O787td6.jpggallery_38474_6916_6036.jpg

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 7,238 posts

If this is the picture in question, looks like old kroot.

OEv7wV6.jpeg

• N1SB likes this
banana

Trokair

Trokair

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,740 posts

While I would love new Kroot those look very much like the current plastic kit, with metal/resin hounds and shaper also in the picture.

My Assorted Projects
Facing the Unknown , Facing the Unknown II

Archeotech – Treasure Hunt, a Play by Post narrative adventure: Story, Setting and Characters, OOC Thread

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,518 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children

Definitely the current kit.

bRxSYDV.png

ThePenitentOne

ThePenitentOne

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,259 posts
  • Faction: Sisters of Battle

Wishful thinking gets me again...

eternal_warrior12

eternal_warrior12

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 216 posts
Kroot and Tau. That’s how they were first told to me. It was the first new army to the 40k universe in a while. My first job at Domino’s basically funded my buying a box of everything that came out every payday.... new Kroot would be an instant nostalgia buy for sure.
  • LameBeard, BadgersinHills and Ryltar Thamior like this

Captain Smashy Pants

Captain Smashy Pants

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,330 posts

I hear the ominous hiss of a melta gun warming up.

• Ryltar Thamior and Skywrath like this
gallery_62972_14467_3390.jpggallery_62972_14467_13489.jpggallery_62972_14467_3390.jpg

I do find it hilarious that some people were saying the size of newer marine stuff looks great next to regular humans like Cadians, and then GW upsized the humans so they are the same height as marines again :lol: :lol: :lol:

Xenith

Xenith

++ NETATOR FEROCIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 12,660 posts

I hear the ominous hiss of a melta gun warming up.

You'd be right. Report to your nearest Inquisitor for interrogation, Witch.

Nothing to see here. 

gallery_26_548_17394.gif

• Black Blow Fly, battle captain corpus and Master Commander Ajax like this

gallery_58096_11725_17801.pnggallery_58096_14832_1433.gifgallery_58096_14832_1808.gifgallery_58096_11725_17950.pnggallery_29004_9303_844.pngfriday-award.pnggallery_58096_13272_607.pnggallery_58096_13272_2704.jpg

Xenos XX\

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users