Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

SoB Dogmata

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

ATPete

ATPete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 87 posts

Who do they have doing the faces on this range they're all ridiculous, especially as they're digitally sculpted so they don't have to wrestle greenstuff into shape.

I like the mini as a whole though, good old fashioned power pose and I love it when they use religious icons as giant beatsticks biggrin.png

Edited by ATPete, 29 March 2021 - 04:38 PM.

Halandaar

Halandaar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,363 posts
  • Faction: Pretty much all of them!

one of the worst models they've released in a while. A shame as the majority of the sisters line has been good.

note, the above is my opinion. And it's based on the pose being really awkward, the face being weird (could be the paintjob) the receding hairline, the HUGE hands (i thought we were long past that), and the total lack of shoulders. just a strange model.

I have to agree, this falls way short of the (admittedly high) standard of the rest of Sororitas range. The pose feels like a throwback to old pewter models. Not in a nostalgic, "inspired-by" way, but in a flat "single-blob of metal for ease of casting" way.

At least she doesn't have one foot on a rock.
  • mithrilforge, m3ntor, Arbedark and 3 others like this

gallery_84244_11417_1545.gifgallery_84244_11417_3775.gifgallery_84244_11417_2850.gifgallery_84244_11417_880.gifgallery_84244_11417_1641.gifgallery_84244_11417_2552.gifgallery_84244_11417_215.png gallery_84244_11417_13317.jpg gallery_84244_11417_22884.png gallery_84244_16660_5008.jpg gallery_84244_11417_13552.pnggallery_84244_11417_4840.png

Dark Shepherd

Dark Shepherd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,382 posts
Id want to see a 360 of it but her stance is a bit squat; makes her look like shes struggling with the weight of her weapon, which probably ties in with the shoulder thing

Other than that, and how they painted the helmet eyes its nice

Evil Eye

Evil Eye

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,267 posts
  • Faction: Chaos and Tyranids.

The face looks a smidge rough but that could be the paintjob. I have a box of Sisters and the headsculpts are pretty good in hand. That aside I like her.

ztbmByp.png

I come here to discuss and find out about Warhammer 40,000 with people of every ethnicity, sexuality, country and yes, as sickening as it is, even Eldar players.

"Guns don't kill people, people kill people, but monkeys do too, if they've got a gun." -Inquisitor Edmund Izzardos, on Jokaero.

(Formerly known as Squigsquasher)

Noserenda

Noserenda

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,547 posts
  • Faction: Scythes of the Emperor

Yeeeah the pose and paintjob are off putting, i think there is something (probably the hands) that throws it all off, id like to see an unpainted version tbh

The fluff is a bit meh too, tbh i think Repentia and the like are considerably more horrifying when they are a volunteer force rather than convicts.

Urauloth

Urauloth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,260 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard

Well, I don't know what I'll do with it (besides paint it) but I'll be buying one of these. Really fantastic miniature.

Its lonely cry comes shivering through the dark,

As beasts roar at the great biting flames,

"Blessed are the chains that bind him to the darkness

and cursed are the blades that leave him lame"

Juggernut

Juggernut

++ MEDICAE MONTANEA ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,752 posts
  • Faction: All Things Khornate
It’s rare for a mini to be a total miss; not a fan of this one at all conceptually or visually.

Would have liked to see something a little more creative. At least it’s consistent in terms of design compared to the rest of the new range.

Edited by Juggernut, 29 March 2021 - 04:54 PM.

• mithrilforge likes this

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

StraightSilver

StraightSilver

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 711 posts
If you've ever seen the bearers of the mitre in UK house of commons, I think the huge white gloves are a reference to them?

However, I agree the head could have been better.

I think I'd swap it for the bald Sisters' head.
  • NKirkham24 likes this

Lienna

Lienna

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 62 posts

Hmm that's a right mix of good and bad.

The pose, I think they were going for the stern schoolteacher with a cane pose? I think it works for someone who doles out discipline, if not someone who actively fights the enemy. The weapon looks practically medieval in the best way and both the backpack toppers are spot on and the torture tools/shackles on the back are perfect.

I'm really hoping that the left hand is simply the painter starting the shading at the wrong place, because her fingers look like they have been photoshopped to be longer. The face, again hopin it;s the paint job, but luckily spare faces aren't hard to come by so that's an easy fix if it doesn't look good in person.

I like to have an emphasis on the repentant side of things with my sisters so I think I'll be getting one of these!

gallery_48988_15094_7420.pnggallery_48988_15094_1196.pnggallery_48988_15094_792.pnggallery_48988_15094_6770.png

Banjulhu

Banjulhu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 409 posts

So the sisters are getting access to the marine litanies rule by the sounds of it. At least this is a nice thematic thing to have in the army even if I would rather the sisters did not keep getting obvious marine equivalents.

That said Bloody Rose players will be happy if their repentia and zephyrim get access to Litany of Hate.

Wispy

Wispy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,357 posts

lots to work with here.

The Observer

The Observer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,463 posts
  • Faction: The Legions of Yore
Well that's a blunder to end the series on. The face is awful, not really a fan of the robe's upper portion and the pose is all sorts of weird.
  • brother_b likes this

People like to whinge and moan about "the good old days," when things "were cool" and now somehow aren't.
One would think that this energy would be better invested in pursuing things one finds more to one's liking.
Then again, common sense doesn't seem to be all that common.

Jukkiz

Jukkiz

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,045 posts
  • Faction: Sinners

add servo arm and different paintjob and you got another techpriest

"Every world is under Emperors might, then why i feel empty..."

15th tactical marine 6th company, Ermus. Sinners chapter

Aarik

Aarik

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 157 posts

I love the idea from a model perspective, but the execution seems lacking.  As others have said, the pose seems like the old metal one piece models, with the forearms just slotting into the elbows.  And the shoulders seem weirdly rolled/hunched forwards, especially compared to the Cawdor model in a similar pose that someone linked earlier.  The gloves also seem too big, with the left one being especially egregious.  Hopefully it's a sloppy paintjob exacerbating it, especially the shading on the back of the hand just being painted on rather than sculpted.

I'm apparently in the minority, though, and like the face.  I'm not fussed at all about it.

But it's disappointing to see another divisive model for the second wave of sisters.  So far, only the palatine seems to be pretty much universally liked.  Compared to how good the first wave was, the second is a let down.

battle captain corpus

battle captain corpus

++ CENTURIO COHORS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,961 posts
  • Faction: Black Legion

This is a family friendly site. As such Dark_Master  I’ve removed your post.

=][= Stay on topic and abide by the Forum rules =][=

If you can’t do either of these things, don’t write a post.

Happy Hobbying!

BCC

• mithrilforge, Montford and Juggernut like this
BCC's Hobby Guide:
- Be Grim Dark not Grim Derp
- Hobby for 15 minutes a day
- Your miniatures are always the best painted in the room
- Game with your heart and don't care about losing
- Make sure your opponent is having fun 

sitnam

sitnam

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 553 posts

But it's disappointing to see another divisive model for the second wave of sisters. So far, only the palatine seems to be pretty much universally liked. Compared to how good the first wave was, the second is a let down.

I know everyone has their own opinions, but the reactions to the second wave have been pretty baffling to me. The Palatine was the least imaginative and most vanilla thing we have seen, and I loved everything else, the Paragons in particular
  • MagicHat likes this
Posted Image
The Order of His Amethyst Heart
The Dancing Scythes Chapter

Seahawk

Seahawk

++ OSSIFRAGUS PRAECURSORIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 9,422 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines
Regardless, I like it enough to give her the church face helmet.

20210329-145450.jpg
  • Noserenda, apologist, Emicus and 1 other like this

Fluff: Naval Operations of Ultramar. Also includes all known named ships for all chapters, as well as ship sizes and assorted information.

Personal: The Renegade Hobbyist. This is where I do things! Also, follow me on Twitter at @Atomic_Hamsters.

Post link for all the instances in which Reanimation Protocols doesn't activate, but should. 

Wildblaze

Wildblaze

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 15 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels
Not sure how to feel about this, love the idea of a chaplain like unit for sisters, but not really sure I like this model.

The second wave of sisters seems really weird, almost everything has had a very mixed response, except maybe the palatine, but even that's had an issue of at least for now being exclusive to a very limited expensive box but we'll have to see how long that lasts.

Also seems really weird that this is the last model Monday, figured it would last a while, but for it to end on something kind of small and bland as this instead of say Be'lakor just seems like a let down, shame since I much preferred this format to the rumor engine

Spagunk

Spagunk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,177 posts

I feel like this is another form of "'eavy metal team awkward pose/paintjob" situation. Turn her head 30 degrees and paint the eyes to be scanning the scene and it should work fine.

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpgsml_gallery_29004_10691_7586.pnggallery_40907_9492_4019.gifgallery_62972_10568_7658.jpggallery_62972_10568_31437.jpg

I am on Instagram now! Follow me at https://www.instagra...warhamsandwich/

redmapa

redmapa

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,874 posts
  • Faction: Reclaimant Crusade

Her arms look stupidly stiff, like she's either struggling with the weight or doesnt know what to do with her arms, it really is a piece that shows the flaws of old pewter minis with their sometimes unnatural stiff poses and chunky proportions. Its just really bad overall.

++NO PITY.NO REMORSE.NO FEAR++
++Light your way in the darkness with the pyres of burning heretics.++

++We are the champions - my friends
And we'll keep on fighting
Till the end
++

Noserenda

Noserenda

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,547 posts
  • Faction: Scythes of the Emperor

Aww yeah Seahawks post really shows off the awkwardness of the pose compared to its peers, shes not at rest or extension, just some awkward partway there with a too narrow shoulders.

Montford

Montford

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 968 posts
  • Faction: Sisters of Battle/Red Templars

If this model goes together like the other Sisters models have been then body part swaps should be feasible.

The fluff accompanying the images makes me think of the Dogmata as more of a Kommisar than a Chaplain. Hopefully the rules for it will be Chaplain-like. Exhorting Sisters to "perform whatever duty has been assigned to them with utmost determination and vigour" does sound like the effect of a Chaplain.

Peace may cost less than war, or infinitely more, for war cannot cost more than one's own life.

-Klingon proverb

Banjulhu

Banjulhu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 409 posts

If this model goes together like the other Sisters models have been then body part swaps should be feasible.

The fluff accompanying the images makes me think of the Dogmata as more of a Kommisar than a Chaplain. Hopefully the rules for it will be Chaplain-like. Exhorting Sisters to "perform whatever duty has been assigned to them with utmost determination and vigour" does sound like the effect of a Chaplain.

They expressly called out the Dogmata being like a space marine chaplain in the article. Odds are it will be a priest with litany rules because that is tight well defined mechanic that can be easily costed and ported between factions.

ThePenitentOne

ThePenitentOne

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,148 posts
  • Faction: Sisters of Battle

One of the things on my wish list had been a Repentia Superior HQ. It took me a while to see her this way, but in a sense, I think this is what she is- or at least, this a role that lands in her territory.

The one who joins my Crusade will be the commander of a Bloody Rose vanguard of Repentia and Mortifiers. She should contrast quite nicely with the Cannoness, making for a nice thematic unit.

Edit: If they do go the Chaplain route, I just realised we may see order specific prayers. This does feel like a good direction; I remember reading the Prayers from CSM and wondering why we didn't have an equivalent, us literally being THE church. Feels like something we should have had all along.

Edited by ThePenitentOne, 29 March 2021 - 11:03 PM.

• NKirkham24 likes this

sitnam

sitnam

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 553 posts

It'd be kind of weird for these to be our prayer characters when we literally have priests in the roster. I think that the chaplain thing was as a descriptor of their job in weeding out corruption within the Order, which both Commissars and Chaplains do similar stuff. I think Montford called it and these will be commissar sisters

Posted Image
The Order of His Amethyst Heart
The Dancing Scythes Chapter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users