Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

SoB Dogmata

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

mithrilforge

mithrilforge

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,454 posts
  • Faction: 40k - Orks & Deldar

Lets look at this Abomination another way...wink.png  I just found my First disciple of Khorne ....thumbsup.gif  .... 

1.carefully cut weapon off leaving some weapon haft intact...

2.put severed head with hair hanging from her left fist ...

3.add a suitable Khornate Axe head to her other hand

4. attempt to paint the face looking happy evil devil.gif

Mithril

p.s. seahawk...my thought as soon as i saw her was the Necron bodyguard guy... his excuse for being super static... he's practically a mindless robot laugh.png

• battle captain corpus likes this

gallery_70393_10089_1851.png gallery_48988_6285_17537.pnggallery_6494_6331_8260.pnggallery_48988_15465_40221.png  gallery_48988_15465_18945.png

MajorNese-  In the grim darkness of the near future, there is only complaints. biggrin.png

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,115 posts
  • Location:The Labyrinth, realm of limitless eternal pain and pleasure . AKA Kings Lynn, Norfolk.
  • Faction: Chaos, Wolves and Guard

Boring mini but I do like her hitty stick. 

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the centre of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

gallery_29004_9303_22505.png

Blog - Gates of Helvete

"If you mean, "Are we all going to get killed?" Yes. Clearly, Guilliman is about to make yet another gargantuan effort to move his drinks cabinet six inches closer to the Cicatrix." Captain Blackadder

brother_b

brother_b

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,203 posts

Not a fan, the face and shoulders are bad. She’s just behind the Daemonifuge sister for bad face award.

I’m glad she came with a helmet and the weapon is ok maybe this would be a good kitbash project with a regular sister.

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpgsml_gallery_101149_13675_4249.jpg

Atrus

Atrus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,073 posts
  • Faction: Order of the Penitent Spirit
The shoulders and robes/arms just don't loon right. Just really...dunno the word. Just off. Don't like it.
The helmet looks great though.
  • Vesalius likes this

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,309 posts
She looks like she enjoys her work far too much...

Sisters, ad mech and orks to come for 40k. Are we aware of anything else?
Signature not compliant with forum rules.
Hidden Content

Grotsmasha

Grotsmasha

++ TORTOR PUMILI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,123 posts

This is first time I've looked at a model, and was like, NOPE

There's something....off for me.  Don't get me wrong, I love the concept, actually, maybe it's another case of horrible GW photography, or a bad combo of paint scheme. I want to like it, but I need to look at it unpainted.

gallery_48988_15465_50871.pnggallery_48988_6285_19365.pnggallery_48988_15465_13594.png sml_gallery_48988_15094_4327.pngsml_gallery_48988_16045_3749.png sml_gallery_48988_16045_1076.png sml_gallery_48988_16053_7077.png gallery_48988_10069_385.png

Check out my current and past projects HERE Heralds of Devastation

Having a Hobby Clean-out, a bunch of stuff now on eBay

Giving Fiverr a go, model Painting, Assembly and Conversion Commissions available

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,499 posts

I honestly believe that a lot of the issues with this model, if not all of them, stem from the upper part of the robe covering her torso and arms. It makes for an awkward silhouette and a stiff looking pose, and being unable to see the flex of her arms detracts from the "power pose" they were going for. Instead, the red cowl + white gloves combo makes her hands look floaty and weird, and to be frank, the cowl itself reminds me a bit of the sort of cape they put on you when getting a haircut.

Doesn't help that the photos we got are directly from the front and back, which I can only imagine make her look even stiffer.

• Aarik, Slave to Darkness, Aeternus and 1 other like this

Master Sheol

Master Sheol

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,760 posts
OMG what a ugly sculpt!
The idea of a SoB "Chaplain" being in charge of the Repentia/Mortifier stuff is nice but the model is so ugly that the old Dialogus is a top model compared to the Dogmata
“Battles are won by courage, by standing firm in the face of overwhelming adversity, by advancing into certain death when every instinct is screaming at you to turn.”

Azaiel

Azaiel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 497 posts
  • Faction: Deathwatch, Orks

As some have typed earlier something seems off with the mini. Lets see how the 360 of the mini looks when it comes out.

I assume Sisters codex is next after AdMech?

gallery_48988_15738_17267.pngsml_gallery_48988_15094_13427.png

smileyjim

smileyjim

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 215 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels
Haha what's with her funny face?

This model is quintessential sisters, just need her in the new baby carrier with a rattle
  • Slave to Darkness likes this

Plague _Lord

Plague _Lord

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 314 posts
  • Faction: CSM

Really really ugly... that face is way off.

Armies:

40k: Deathguard, Steel Legion, Word Bearers, Space wolves, Necrons

WFB: Night goblins, Empire, Dark Elves

Master Sheol

Master Sheol

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,760 posts

I honestly believe that a lot of the issues with this model, if not all of them, stem from the upper part of the robe covering her torso and arms. It makes for an awkward silhouette and a stiff looking pose, and being unable to see the flex of her arms detracts from the "power pose" they were going for. Instead, the red cowl + white gloves combo makes her hands look floaty and weird, and to be frank, the cowl itself reminds me a bit of the sort of cape they put on you when getting a haircut.

Doesn't help that the photos we got are directly from the front and back, which I can only imagine make her look even stiffer.

And her chest+shoulder plate?
How it Is shaped makes diifcult for the Dogmata to move her arms and to perform any combat action
The pose is ankward, the robe is silly and again prevents her to move freely in combat
And the face is plain ugly

This is a miniature bad designer and even worse sculpted

Edited by Master Sheol, 30 March 2021 - 12:41 PM.

“Battles are won by courage, by standing firm in the face of overwhelming adversity, by advancing into certain death when every instinct is screaming at you to turn.”

tvih

tvih

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,322 posts
  • Faction: CF/BT/Orks/SoB/IG

Personally I don't really mind the basic pose in itself - not everything needs to be overtly dynamic. However the execution here is quite lacking. Maybe it's just the picture, indeed as others have said the hands/gloves look HUGE, and the grip is on the narrow side, making her look bunched up.

Also the the shoulder pads being apparently a single piece with the top of her torso area means she wouldn't even be able to raise her arms past horizontal, if even that. 40K isn't exactly a great place for ergonomics in general (just look at terminators) or functional things in many cases, but that's just dumb to look at. Being overly clothy doesn't help either.

Also as sitnam said, not sure why a "chaplain" when there's priests already. Overall where the initial Sisters models truly knocked it out of the park, this "second wave" isn't impressing so far, other than the Palatine being fine.

Edited by tvih, 30 March 2021 - 12:30 PM.

• Aarik likes this

Quantum

Quantum

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,050 posts
  • Faction: Forge World Fermya

It is not a bad model but the pose is so static.

"The Nova Terra Interregnum has been remembered unfairly by those few who remember it at all. True, many malcontents, provocateurs and petty lordlings flocked to its banner when it seceded. But its attempts to contain the aggressive expansion of the Ecclesiarchy were born from an honest desire to uphold those values at the hart of the Great Crusade. It is ironic that the last gasp of the Emperor's true vision was finally throttled at the hands of those who fought in His divine name, on the planet that once reminded our Lord of 'Urf, long ago...'"
                        - Archivist & Historian Vedek Parsen, pilloried, emasculated, hung, drawn, crucified, quartered, burnt and disintegrated for heresy extremus. Probably in that order.

gallery_48988_15465_39461.pnggallery_48988_15465_5172.pnggallery_48988_15465_10130.png

Chaplain Lucifer

Chaplain Lucifer

++ RHETOR ORIENS ASTRUM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 15,226 posts
  • Faction: Angels of Redemption
IMHO could be better but could be worse. Does it's function as a model it is supposed to be but doesn't really makes people want to stop and admire.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Spinsanity

Spinsanity

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 919 posts
I think my main issue with the sculpt is how she’s holding her cruzius out in front of her. If we compare her to the AoS Lord of Plagues, her pose looks way unnatural: instead of the weapon resting on her belly like it does on the Lord of Plagues model, she’s lifting it off like she’s in the middle of a workout.

Spoiler

• Lord Marshal likes this

Shandathe

Shandathe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 32 posts
So that's three characters (one in a warsuit) and a tank so far this wave... But as of yet no sign of a potential new Troops unit which is the one thing really needed. Reveals aren't done yet though, so I'll hold out hope.

And for love of the Emperor did someone force the painters to paint every female face like a male one and make it look horrible? Sheesh.

Edited by Shandathe, 30 March 2021 - 02:25 PM.

Toxichobbit

Toxichobbit

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,111 posts

And for love of the Emperor did someone force the painters to paint every female face like a male one and make it look horrible? Sheesh.

Essentially, yes. GW's painting style is (or at least was last time I was in touch with an Eavy Metal candidate) strict. It doesn't leave much room for personal touches or subtlety. A long time ago things were more free-form, but it all got codified and the standard of painting was reduced. The idea was to make the models seem more approachable for the average gamer, something that they could achieve with practice, rather than something that was Golden Demon tier. There's no doubt that any of the Eavy Metal team could have made the Sisters look more feminine if given free reign, but they have to conform to GW's standard and set way of doing things, using the same recipes and techniques across all the ranges. While it makes GW's catalogue more approachable and cohesive, some ranges just suffer because of the lack of flexibility. Sisters are one such range, with the deep shadows and stark edge highlights making them appear more masculine (and in extreme cases giving a five o'clock shadow :D). Mechanicus are another, where all the metal with it's shap edge highlights confuses an already confusing model's silhouette, kind of like a Michael Bay transformer.

Things have improved over the last half a decade, with a bit more variety and different techniques beyond base + wash + edge highlight starting to creep in. But IMO Eavy Metal, while excellent from a technical standpoint, are still behind some other gaming companies painting studios. 

• Evil Eye likes this

ThePenitentOne

ThePenitentOne

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,148 posts
  • Faction: Sisters of Battle

I'm lucky in that I liked everything previewed so far- it isn't going to be a chore to buy these- I'm looking forward to it.  Especially Paragons- I have 10 SoB Walkers so far- I see at least 6 Paragons joining that list. 

I also bought Blood of the Phoenix- I'm glad I did too; the fact that scourges came in Piety and Pain and Incubi are in the CP box gives me ten of each, which I like because it gives me the flexibility to field 2 x 5 or 1 x 10.

As at stands, P&P sold out in minutes and the Combat Patrol boxes too; I don't think GW is getting mixed messages- they know there's a market. It does give me hope. It's going to be a while, if ever, before I get to build an Admech force, but I think I'll be buying the dex just because I love looking over Crusade content for armies I might want to play. 

Kilamandaros

Kilamandaros

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 185 posts
Just an awful awful model, looks like the face was sculpted by forgeworld, she looks like an anime character. Considering how good the rest of the sisters range is, they've really fallen off here. Probably rushed to meet the new battle box hype.

Brother Tyler

Brother Tyler

++ FIDELIS MILITUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 22,740 posts
  • Faction: VIIth Legion
This is just a friendly reminder that this topic is about the Dogmata model, not any other models in the range. If you'd like to talk about other Adepta Sororitas models, that's what the Adepta Sororitas forum is for.
  • battle captain corpus and Son of Carnelian like this

gallery_26_548_13550.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_548_4494.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_6764_14592.pnggallery_26_6764_3621.png

StraightSilver

StraightSilver

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 711 posts
I think I've worked out what's off with mini - she doesn't seem to have any elbows? 😂
  • brother_b and Vesalius like this

Medjugorje

Medjugorje

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,838 posts

For me its the first Sororita Model which look really bad. Even the new Walker/Terminators are not that bad (not great but not terrible). 

• Slave to Darkness likes this

Scribe

Scribe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,053 posts
  • Faction: Khorne

Another miss. Unfortunate string of those lately.

• Atrus likes this
Q:  Is there room for hope in the grim dark future of Warhammer 40,000?
A:  I do hope not because then it won't be the 40k universe anymore.
- Dan Abnett -

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Shadow Captain Vyper

Shadow Captain Vyper

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,356 posts
  • Faction: Raven Guard

usK8KkR.jpg

• brother_b likes this

"A Mind Without Purpose Will Wander in Dark Places..."

gallery_16835_13820_5804.jpggallery_6494_6331_8260.png