Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Pre 30k books

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Battle Brother Abderus

Battle Brother Abderus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 146 posts
  • Faction: Daemons, Eldar, Deathwing

Does anyone know of any books that are printed outside white dwarfs/codexs for Pre 30k stories, Excluding xenos novels and/or flashbacks? Ideally Unification wars, old night, dark age of technology era?   

Daemons   Deathwing

"It had often been said that a Space Marine knew no fear....Saul Tarvitz was no exception.... but when Angron charged, he ran." - Galaxy in Flames. 

Mechanicus Tech-Support

Mechanicus Tech-Support

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 281 posts
  • Faction: FW Lucius, Steel Confessors

IIRC Valdor is the most complete and closest story we get and that's already near the end of unification, other than that you're looking at the FW books but those only really give snippets on what that Legion did during unification. 

There are others here that have a better memory for this stuff than I so they may correct me but I think that's all we got. 

• Gederas and cheywood like this

[Forgeworld] Lucius & Friends [Steel Confessors] WIP Log: Access data-link: Praise be to the Omnissiah

cheywood

cheywood

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 655 posts
Just Chris Wraight’s Valdor at this point in terms of full novels, at least to my knowledge. Dan Abnett’s Heresy short story Perpetual is also a good source of information if I recall correctly.
  • RedFurioso likes this

byrd9999

byrd9999

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 217 posts

You might have already excluded this from your request, but I think Graham McNeill's The Outcast Dead has a bit from a Thunder Warrior's p-o-v about pre-Heresy era.

And also McNeill's short story The Last Church is an early one in the timeline.

rookie40K

rookie40K

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 253 posts
Two Metaphysical Blades Was awesome. The Valdor parts were created a nice visual if I remember right for pre 30K. I need to reread, but I remembered I loved the story and got me super hyped on Pre-30K. I highly recommend that one.

Knockagh

Knockagh

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,336 posts
Jain zar has a couple of chapters on the fall of the Eldar. It’s brilliant. We need more

Bobss

Bobss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 203 posts

Chris Wraight's Valdor. presents a very vivid picture of life midway through the Unification Wars, but in my opinion it suffers from Prequel Syndrome which we all knew a potential UW-era series would, so as exciting as that sandbox would be, I hope it remains undeveloped

• mc warhammer likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users