The Riven and the Severed

Lord_Ikka

Hello all. I'm setting this up for an eventual dive into both a Primaris army and a Necron host. Once the Imperium mag gets kicking into high gear for the US, I'll be attempting to paint a unit or two, or whatever they send me, within a month. Right now, I've got some Necrons coming in sometime this week (managed to snag a couple of Indomidus Skorpeth Destroyer units and a set of Warriors) and next month should have some Primaris to work on. So I'll have those going on plus finishing up my Inquisition army and finishing a Harlequin army as well. Lots of stuff!

The fluff for the two new armies will be fairly simple- The Haunted Legions of Sarkon is the main army of the Empire of the Severed, a even creepier version of the normal Necron dynasties that seems to not talk to anyone else and just attack. So fun stuff there! They'll be heavily rusted and have power-sources that are very rarely glowing, showing that this dynasty has limited resources and stays in low-powered mode as much as possible.

As for the Riven...

R5w4XxP.jpg

They are my legion from the Five Ruins AU on this site, but they are the Riven as they were before their Primarch was founded and they became the sorcerer/Tzeentch legion. A brief description- 

The Riven are assumed to be an Ultramarines successor from the Ultima founding. Their specific gene-legacy is in doubt due to a misplacing of records from Archmagos Cawl's gene-labs to the Administratum. Regardless of their geneseed provenance, the Riven have proven to be very successful urban fighters, using a combination of infiltrating Phobos squads to track and terminate enemy command units and then following up with a heavy infantry strike to destroy the rest of the foe. Currently the Riven are fighting alongside the Ultramarines in various theaters, gaining valuable experience from the veterans of Ultramar.

Anyway, I'll be posting in this thread as I get stuff done and hopefully a lot more as 2022 rolls around. See you later!

That's so smooth and sharp that my eyes are struggling to see it at the right scale and my brain thinks that's the action figure.

Nice job

As much as I wish it was my paintjob, it is actually a picture from a paint testing program called impcat.

So I actually got some work done on this project- not much, but I built six Skorpekh Destroyers and ten Warriors, plus a version of a Transcendent C'Tan (AoS Lumineth Twinstones). The C'Tan will be one that was forced into containment and shed most of its necrodermis, so it now lives as a geometric ideal. I'll be testing out a paintscheme for these guys soon, probably on some Gaslands Hot Wheels first, but I should have some more stuff coming in for both the Riven and the Severed next month. 

pmyfRXQ.jpg

So I actually got some work done on this project- not much, but I built six Skorpekh Destroyers and ten Warriors, plus a version of a Transcendent C'Tan (AoS Lumineth Twinstones). The C'Tan will be one that was forced into containment and shed most of its necrodermis, so it now lives as a geometric ideal. I'll be testing out a paintscheme for these guys soon, probably on some Gaslands Hot Wheels first, but I should have some more stuff coming in for both the Riven and the Severed next month. 

pmyfRXQ.jpg

Love the necrons, especially the Lumineth to C'Tan. I was thinking the same when I saw the model.

Love the necrons, especially the Lumineth to C'Tan. I was thinking the same when I saw the model.

I really wanted something that wasn't a trapped humanoid and saw a couple of options- this turned out to be the easiest and cheapest (12 bucks via eBay) to do. 

Using the twinstone is very cool and I recon adding a bunch of scarabs would really sell it.

I might add some scarabs later, right now it has some guass rifle barrels and agitator balls to look like some sort of containment field, with one of the "fenceposts" broken.

• 2 weeks later...

First Riven Primaris WIP- 1st Company Lieutenant Edvar Locatum. Colors are blocked out, in before washes and highlight stages. So far, thinking that the tan helm and purple robes will be for the officers while sergeants may get either a tan stripe or full dark grey helm, haven't decided yet.

UuQBLFV.jpg

LDybZ0I.jpg

Edited by Lord_Ikka

1st Company Lieutenant Edvar Locatum, The Riven Adeptus Astartes chapter (Ultima Founding).

Not super happy with the chapter emblem, a cracked shield, but for a first freehand I'll take it.

cYQUMS1.jpg

yX3z7K0.jpg

heycBtg.jpg

Edited by Lord_Ikka

Very nice work, I really like the Royal Warden.

Thanks very much, he was fun to paint. Really starting to like the Severed's scheme- its fast and looks good at tabletop level, which is exactly what I want.

Finished up the Skorpekh Destroyers and custom Transcendent C'Tan- breaking free from its containment cage and starting to gain a full necrodermis.

6XSsQIj.jpg

cshWBnH.jpg

xGZep47.jpg

apP6YzS.jpg

JNvU9a3.jpg

Going forward, I'm going to be splitting this thread into two- one in the Necrons sub-forum for the Severed and one in the Ultramarines forum for the Riven. I feel like I'll have a better chance of keeping the two separate threads organized and better able to write some fluff for them that way. Thanks for looking!