Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New SoB melee unit: Celestian Sacresants

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

Black_Knight

Black_Knight

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,879 posts
  • Faction: AdMech, DW, IK, Blood Ravens

I don't like the copper for the shield, maybe a black with white outline or even a deep red but the copper looks iffy to me. The rest of the model is great though.

• Doctor Perils, Waking Dreamer and Dark Shepherd like this

gallery_48988_15465_45080.pnggallery_48988_15465_8206.pngETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_01.gif

Seahawk

Seahawk

++ OSSIFRAGUS PRAECURSORIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 9,420 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines
Sploosh
  • War Angel, fire golem, Doctor Perils and 1 other like this

Fluff: Naval Operations of Ultramar. Also includes all known named ships for all chapters, as well as ship sizes and assorted information.

Personal: The Renegade Hobbyist. This is where I do things! Also, follow me on Twitter at @Atomic_Hamsters.

Post link for all the instances in which Reanimation Protocols doesn't activate, but should. 

Lord Marshal

Lord Marshal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,937 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Guard

Plastic Crusader bros... we got too cocky...

• RolandTHTG, Mmmmm Napalm and quasistellar like this
gallery_30308_9518_1272.jpggallery_30308_9518_1551.pngsml_gallery_48988_16308_9366.png

StraightSilver

StraightSilver

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 707 posts

Totally tangential question, but are Celestian's robes always black? And regular Sisters a different colour? Or is that only Order Our Martyred Lady?

Edited by StraightSilver, 12 April 2021 - 12:31 PM.

fire golem

fire golem

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,070 posts
  • Faction: XVth Legion, Loyal Siege force

Is this the section you're speaking about?

"Speaking of which, this awesome new unit is on its way soon, so if you want to make sure you already have an Adepta Sororitas collection to add them to, grab yourself a Battle Sisters Squad or two today.*"

If so, I think it's more to do with trying to sell SoB armies, but I may have missed the quote you're speaking about?

Check the * thats at the bottom.

* Remember, of course, that you can build standard Celestian Squads with this kit, too, so it will work well even if you’re looking to build a more elite Adepta Sororitas army.

The normal Battle Sister Squad box makes Celestian Squads too (they’re just a different helmet). These new ones are a variant of Celestians. It’s just saying if you like these new ones and wanted to a more elite, Celestian based force, the normal Battle Sister box works for that too. 

• Black_Knight likes this

Naryn

Naryn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 487 posts
  • Faction: Mantis Warriors
How on earth are they supposed to use the polearm if their other hand is holding the pistol at all times?
  • Magos Takatus, Noserenda, Azekai and 1 other like this

Halandaar

Halandaar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,351 posts
  • Faction: Pretty much all of them!

Love the look of these! Sisters are turning out to be one solid range.

gallery_84244_11417_1545.gifgallery_84244_11417_3775.gifgallery_84244_11417_2850.gifgallery_84244_11417_880.gifgallery_84244_11417_1641.gifgallery_84244_11417_2552.gifgallery_84244_11417_215.png gallery_84244_11417_13317.jpg gallery_84244_11417_22884.png gallery_84244_16660_5008.jpg gallery_84244_11417_13552.pnggallery_84244_11417_4840.png

sitnam

sitnam

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 549 posts

How on earth are they supposed to use the polearm if their other hand is holding the pistol at all times?

Games Workshop has a bad habit of giving Polemon shields.I'll let this one slid not hough, as I love that halberd head
Posted Image
The Order of His Amethyst Heart
The Dancing Scythes Chapter

Castellan Wulfrik

Castellan Wulfrik

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 44 posts

Oh God-Emperor, yes! Now this is what I wanted from a new Sisters release; the previous previews left me a little underwhelmed, but these just have everything I want in a Sisters model. As long as we don't take a nerf in the next codex we should be so much better at holding objectives now, assuming these have the stats to back up their appearance. It'll be interesting to see what rules they get, I really hope these are good. Some sort of phalanx rule that gives bonuses against enemy charges would be so flavourful and tactically balanced yet strong without having to ramp up the points cost as much as a straight stat increase would. 

quasistellar

quasistellar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 430 posts

Plastic Crusader bros... we got too cocky...

Yeah, the new Sisters unit looks cool, but I feel like they're losing a trick by not leaning into some of the other cool Ministorum stuff (like Crusaders).  The SoB are starting to look more homogenized, which I suppose is something a lot of people want, but I miss the wild and wacky grimdark looking stuff from Inquisition and Ministorum.

They haven't completely gone away from it, to be sure (see the Mortifier and Flagellants)

Edited by quasistellar, 12 April 2021 - 12:32 PM.

• Arbedark, RedFox, Lord Marshal and 1 other like this

NKirkham24

NKirkham24

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 176 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines, Deathwatch

Beautiful model. The article mention polearms and maces, so the mace may be a more realistic option.

I was thinking the shield is probably strapped to the forearm, with the pistol built-in to the shield, so the left hand can be freed up to utilise both on the polearm. 

• fire golem likes this
Armies: Ultramarines, Deathwatch, Custodes, Imperial Knights, Sisters.
For the Emperor!

SkimaskMohawk

SkimaskMohawk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,224 posts
  • Faction: Raven Guard and VIII Legion

The model is great, the paintjob could be better composed as always.

What is wrong with it?

Colours used/placement mostly. The copper shield looks out of place to me because it's a huge focal point and the only time we see that colour used on the range for OomL. They kind of have too many colours competing for a place as a secondary; gold trim and trinkets, white visors, hair and fleur-de-lys, red inner robes and now a big holding copper shield.
  • Lord Marshal and Castellan Wulfrik like this

matcap86

matcap86

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 250 posts
  • Faction: DA, Custo, Ad-mech, GsC, SoB

Yeah I like everything about this but the shield, it looks to plain maybe? Like she strapped a boilerplate to her arm.

• Dark Shepherd likes this

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,906 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment
Definitely going with the Maces on my quest to build nothing but science fiction armies with shields because I’m a big dumb dummy.

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

nanosquid

nanosquid

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 184 posts
Oh man, power halberds? I absolutely adore this.
  • fire golem likes this

Ammonius

Ammonius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,060 posts
  • Faction: Xarcosan 11th

Pretty cool looking! Nice to see a Sister wielding the most Versatile of weapons!

I expect that the Shield+Bolt Pistol is gauntlet mounted to leave the off-hand free. Of course with power armor and maglocks, One could carry the shield to advance into weapons fire, and jettison it once it was destroyed or it was 2-handed chopping time.

• NKirkham24 likes this

ATPete

ATPete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 86 posts

Ah this is the unit I've been dreaming of, although specifically with maces. I like the knightly look you get when you paint sisters up right and this fits so well, although the bolt pistol irks me. Have to completely ignore the point of a shield in order to shoot with it.

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,479 posts

Pistol feels like it would be a tad unwieldy with the shield attached to it, but hey, they're in power armor.

Sisters continue to be pretty much the best looking army.

ThePenitentOne

ThePenitentOne

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,144 posts
  • Faction: Sisters of Battle

Great model, and the 5th leaked kit for our second wave. I think most Sisters players have been waiting for this or something like it for a long time- I always wanted shields for Celesians; I had expected that to be paired with swords, but the polearm is beautiful.

Also quite interesting that they've revived the sisters bulletin and that it is bi weekly. Our dex is not coming as soon as I expected. If Be'Lakoer is this Sunday, Admech is April 24th. May 1 likely an AoS release, then May 8 I would have expected the Sororitas dex.

So maybe, just maybe, GW will release a Knights dex to round off the Charadon Act 1 armies before they yet us up with Charadon Act 2 and dexes for the armies from that book.

Maschinenpriester

Maschinenpriester

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 410 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children
What I would have liked better if the shield would look like the one in the triumph. Maybe there will be some STL files available to fix that. But besides I like it more and more. I wonder if there will be alternative loadout.

I am exited to know more about the new sisters codex as time progresses and more stuff gets teasered.

Edited by Maschinenpriester, 12 April 2021 - 02:12 PM.

Petitioner's City

Petitioner's City

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,819 posts

Time to make the Cawdor equivalent of these :D 

• Noserenda likes this
Cinema itself is a trick of time — still pictures passed through a focused beam of light at 24 frames per second. We are reminded of that in La Jetée...

Dark Shepherd

Dark Shepherd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,376 posts

Yeah I like everything about this but the shield, it looks to plain maybe? Like she strapped a boilerplate to her arm.

Yes! Still a cool model though esp the halberd, hopefully the shield can be swapped out, failing that a more thematic paintjob would help a lot

Shinespider

Shinespider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,110 posts

Yeah, the plainness of the shield is a bit odd. Still a very solid model overall.

Celestians are *currently* made from regular sisters, but this article suggests they're soon getting their own dual-build box. I wonder if this means the ranged ones are getting expanded weapon options? If they're getting their own box, they might as well. 

Edited by Shinespider, 12 April 2021 - 02:44 PM.

Call_of_Chaos_11_Banner_02.jpg

Noserenda

Noserenda

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,528 posts
  • Faction: Scythes of the Emperor

Tbh ill probably mount the shield on a servo skull or cherub, you cant use a halberd and shield at the same time without making one of them a pointless hinderance unfortunately and itll bug me! 

• Magos Takatus likes this

Shinespider

Shinespider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,110 posts

I think a smaller, arm-strapped buckler could be pretty seamlessly used with a Halberd. Not a tall shield like this, tho. 

• Ammonius likes this

Call_of_Chaos_11_Banner_02.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users