Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

OooML - old style paint scheme on new models

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Inquisitor lorr

Inquisitor lorr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 124 posts
Hi all

Topic pretty much says it all - has anyone seen any examples of the new models painted with older style OooML paint scheme (blue highlights on black, rather than grey)?

Thanks

ThePenitentOne

ThePenitentOne

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,150 posts
  • Faction: Sisters of Battle

Haven't yet, but once I start painting mine it's how I intend to do it.

Because I have so many metal OoOML  and I'm now looking to create a small force for each of the 6 Major Orders, it'll be a while before I get there. 

When I painted the metals, there were raised edges that I painted blue- more like the trim of the armour than a true highlight. I haven't painted a plastic sister yet, so I'm not sure they have the same raised trim.

ATPete

ATPete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 87 posts

This isn't strictly in the old style and uses some more advanced shading but it's got some blue-ish highlights

https://www.instagra.../p/B6LnK0LnPko/

Inquisitor lorr

Inquisitor lorr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 124 posts

This isn't strictly in the old style and uses some more advanced shading but it's got some blue-ish highlights

https://www.instagra.../p/B6LnK0LnPko/

Ah awesome - thanks very much. That’s close enough to convince me the old style would work!

Sume

Sume

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 270 posts
  • Faction: Order of the Ebon Chalice

I am gearing up to start painting some new models.  Seem when I can find the energy now after work.  I am going to be painting mine in the 2nd ed version of Ebon Chalice.  I used the blue grey paints from the current GW line for the black highlights.  Not sure if thats close enough though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users