Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Rumour Engine - April 13th, 2021

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

RipOffProductions

RipOffProductions

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 640 posts

"Where did I parked the Magus' limo?" ...

it would be awesome if they brought that thing back... hell, just add more "Civilian" Imperial vehicles ion general for the GeneStealer Cultists to use.(and for everyone else to convert into bombed out terrain pieces to fill up cityscapes)

Aramis K

Aramis K

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 646 posts
  • Faction: Ω XX Ω
Weird weapon for an HQ and we already have infantry armed with detonator. So I'm guessing something with a new silhouette - I think flying is the gap to fill. Flying and chucking down explosives.
Winged stealer or some sort of mining jetpack rig.
I'm on Instagram as Aramis_esq

Mentor Legion, Deathwatch, and bastard geneseed log
"Officially, they were designated the Unnumbered Sons of the Primarchs, but they called themselves the Greyshields. They were the new sons of old science, and they had no fraternity but their own."

My Heresy Alpha Legion log - XX in progress

tangoalphatwo

tangoalphatwo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 483 posts
Could be an acolyte type mini for an HQ model

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,097 posts
  • Location:The Labyrinth, realm of limitless eternal pain and pleasure . AKA Kings Lynn, Norfolk.
  • Faction: Chaos, Wolves and Guard

Could be Genestealer Hybrid Orks ;) 

• Petitioner's City and LameBeard like this

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the centre of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

gallery_29004_9303_22505.png

Blog - Gates of Helvete

"If you mean, "Are we all going to get killed?" Yes. Clearly, Guilliman is about to make yet another gargantuan effort to move his drinks cabinet six inches closer to the Cicatrix." Captain Blackadder

Rogue

Rogue

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 896 posts
  • Faction: Red Brotherhood and Gorgons
Or another elite character - the perditos, a master trap-setter who can explode a building or ruin each turn, causing d6 mortal wounds to any units within :)
  • gaurdian31 and Halandaar like this

sml_gallery_48988_15094_5489.png sml_gallery_48988_16024_10350.png sml_gallery_48988_15094_13535.png ETL_Medal_02.gif gallery_48988_15465_5689.png ETL_2018_Medal_04_ETL_Magister.gif

Painted this year: kellermorph, ten neophytes; gravis captain

Doctor Perils

Doctor Perils

++ CUNICULARIUS APOLOGUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 5,064 posts
  • Faction: Heretic Astartes (various)
I wonder if it could be aimed at necromunda? There have been rumours of genestealer Warbands for years, no?
sml_gallery_29004_12090_3983.pnggallery_77459_13226_2824.png The War Wolves - Previously known as Lord Thørn

fire golem

fire golem

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,070 posts
  • Faction: XVth Legion, Loyal Siege force

I wonder if it could be aimed at necromunda? There have been rumours of genestealer Warbands for years, no?

There are rules for GSC warbands already that just use the 40k kits, I don’t see why you’d need a specific Necromunda kit for them.

Doctor Perils

Doctor Perils

++ CUNICULARIUS APOLOGUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 5,064 posts
  • Faction: Heretic Astartes (various)
They've made special characters for the other Warbands, could be the same here?
I don't know enough about GSC or necromunda, I just thought it was a possibility given so many people think the 40k range is pretty well rounded out
sml_gallery_29004_12090_3983.pnggallery_77459_13226_2824.png The War Wolves - Previously known as Lord Thørn

Halandaar

Halandaar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,351 posts
  • Faction: Pretty much all of them!

Utility characters in the Elites slot is a bit of a thing for GSC so it wouldn't be completely outlandish. A "demolitionist" type character who can booby-trap terrain would be really thematic. Being able to do mortal wounds to enemy units who enter specific terrain, or blow out the walls and prevent a terrain piece from granting cover for the rest of the game would be pretty fun, if situational.

• Doctor Perils likes this

gallery_84244_11417_1545.gifgallery_84244_11417_3775.gifgallery_84244_11417_2850.gifgallery_84244_11417_880.gifgallery_84244_11417_1641.gifgallery_84244_11417_2552.gifgallery_84244_11417_215.png gallery_84244_11417_13317.jpg gallery_84244_11417_22884.png gallery_84244_16660_5008.jpg gallery_84244_11417_13552.pnggallery_84244_11417_4840.png

Xenith

Xenith

++ NETATOR FEROCIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 12,483 posts

GSC for sure - we also have the HQ level Jackal, etc, why not a HQ/Elite demo expert, I'd love to see that.

If we get a GSC vs Guard box set I'm all over it in the name of the Four Armed Emperor.

Castellan Wulfrik

Castellan Wulfrik

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 44 posts

I see why people would assume it's most likely an HQ or Elite character, and I agree with the assumption, but I hope it's wrong. GSC already has a lot of elite options and very few heavy support options, especially if you exclude IG based options. If it is a demolitions expert I'd hope they make the unit a heavy support choice instead, just to relieve some of the pressure on the relatively bloated elites slots. 

• Xenith, Shinespider, Lord Marshal and 1 other like this

Halandaar

Halandaar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,351 posts
  • Faction: Pretty much all of them!

I see why people would assume it's most likely an HQ or Elite character, and I agree with the assumption, but I hope it's wrong. GSC already has a lot of elite options and very few heavy support options, especially if you exclude IG based options. If it is a demolitions expert I'd hope they make the unit a heavy support choice instead, just to relieve some of the pressure on the relatively bloated elites slots. 

I agree, but I'm half expecting a rule that lets you take 2 or 3 of those kind of characters in a single Elites slot, a bit like the "Foetid Virion" characters in Death Guard or Crypteks in Necrons.

• Shinespider and Castellan Wulfrik like this

gallery_84244_11417_1545.gifgallery_84244_11417_3775.gifgallery_84244_11417_2850.gifgallery_84244_11417_880.gifgallery_84244_11417_1641.gifgallery_84244_11417_2552.gifgallery_84244_11417_215.png gallery_84244_11417_13317.jpg gallery_84244_11417_22884.png gallery_84244_16660_5008.jpg gallery_84244_11417_13552.pnggallery_84244_11417_4840.png

Joe

Joe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,142 posts

There are rules for GSC warbands already that just use the 40k kits, I don’t see why you’d need a specific Necromunda kit for them.

"Rad-tainted, Genestealer horrors" are a specific product that's been discussed before in relation to Necromunda. It's entirely possible this relates to a horrificly mishapen GSC.

• Petitioner's City likes this

mkbKIlr.png

El_Dicko

El_Dicko

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 429 posts
  • Faction: Chaos Space Marines and Demons
If we’re really lucky it’s a controller dude packed with an Ambot or two in the style of the Admech with robots.
  • Toxichobbit and Castellan Wulfrik like this

Sent1ence

Sent1ence

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6 posts
  • Faction: Agents of the Imperium

If we’re really lucky it’s a controller dude packed with an Ambot or two in the style of the Admech with robots.

The more ambots the better, they're a treat. Genstealer cult is as close to getting civllian vehicles as we've got in 40k since the Arvus, so I'm always interested to see more of them.

• Castellan Wulfrik and El_Dicko like this

Ruskinses

Ruskinses

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8 posts

Its 100% Genestealer Cults.

Maybe new HQ with a squad of brood brothers that it can detonate with that controller? 

Edited by Ruskinses, 27 April 2021 - 11:35 AM.

Marshal Laeroth

Marshal Laeroth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,735 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars
It should be noted that GW usually sends those rumor pictures out 6-9 months in advance of actual releases.
  • Sete likes this
QUOTE (Acebaur @ Jul 1 2012, 12:14 AM)
Laeroth, I think you are the Yoda of the BT forum. I demand you start speaking backwards! :P

For additional Black Templars tactics, army lists, and general gaming information including the Black Templars 101 guide, check out my site:
Implausible Nature

Check out our Black Templars YouTube channel: Implausible Nature

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,497 posts

It should be noted that GW usually sends those rumor pictures out 6-9 months in advance of actual releases.

Not always.

This one took a literal year and a half to be revealed.

This one a month.

This one not even a week.

And this one infamously had already been revealed before the Rumour Engine went up.

There isn't really a pattern.

• Crix likes this

Captain Coolpants

Captain Coolpants

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,248 posts
  • Faction: Grey Knights
Although not directly related to rumour engines. I forget which models they were (maybe the first new sisters?) but the sprues were dated a few years before the actual release too! Ao none of it relies of any sort of pattern.

beefeb

beefeb

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 340 posts

Its a GSC remote keyfob 'plipper' for their cultists limo!

• Cactus likes this

Toxichobbit

Toxichobbit

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,108 posts

They've made special characters for the other Warbands, could be the same here?
I don't know enough about GSC or necromunda, I just thought it was a possibility given so many people think the 40k range is pretty well rounded out

The GSC named character in Necro doesn't use explosives, so it's not him.

Lord Marshal

Lord Marshal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,937 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Guard

They're definitely not needed, but something like Corpse Grinder Cult being the "damnit if you want to run the proper Necromunda version use this!" couldn't hurt.

gallery_30308_9518_1272.jpggallery_30308_9518_1551.pngsml_gallery_48988_16308_9366.png

fire golem

fire golem

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,070 posts
  • Faction: XVth Legion, Loyal Siege force

They're definitely not needed, but something like Corpse Grinder Cult being the "damnit if you want to run the proper Necromunda version use this!" couldn't hurt.

I’d rather they used the resources for other things for Necromunda though. The Neophyte Hybrid kit is already as good if not better for Necromunda than the gang kits are, having a whole load of weapon options and not having doubled up sprues like them. Seems a waste to me to do a probably less versatile kit with one sprue for something that already exists and suits the job perfectly. Especially when Necromunda plastics are like 1-2 a quarter. 

Edited by fire golem, 01 May 2021 - 02:49 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users