Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Maloghurst 30k Model!

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

zedmeister

zedmeister

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 238 posts
  • Faction: V Legion

Ok, so after a comment from the state of heresy thread, could this model be plastic?

I doubt it. Take a look at the fine details like spikes, rivets, the gloves and backpack holes. They're well defined as per a resin cast. Where, with plastic, they tend to be angled slightly so that it work in GWs mould machines. To me, there's too many undercuts, fine detail and the like that makes this more likely be a resin cast
  • Arendious, LetsYouDown and D3L like this

WrathOfTheLion

WrathOfTheLion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,877 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels, WB & SW

Very awesome looking model, I like it a lot. It looks like, starting with Saul Tarvitz, they're switching to doing more characters at a less expensive price, getting rid of the scenic bases and all. I'm fine with this trend. I don't think it's plastic, the newer resin sculpts are quite crisp, they basically sculpt them the same way as the plastic models now.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion, 15 April 2021 - 12:55 PM.

Chaoself

Chaoself

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 139 posts
Ace. I think the sculpt is great. :)

gallery_122412_15999_6526.png

Son of Carnelian

Son of Carnelian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,692 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels
While I would love for this to be plastic, I think the paint job is the main thing inspiring that line of thinking. No way GW would show us a new plastic Heresy model without letting us and everyone else know it was plastic. For hype purposes!
  • Master Commander Ajax, fire golem and quasistellar like this

phoenix01

phoenix01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 268 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines

I always pictured him in my mind's eye wearing heavy robes over his power armor (since he isn't a front line warrior anymore) and having long stringy hair. But I like this model.

Lexington

Lexington

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,696 posts
  • Faction: Orks!
I need this dude for my (currently-dormant, but who knows?) Word Bearers army in a pretty ferocious way...

gallery_23421_16101_14266.png

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,975 posts

Well this is certainly a surprise to see when I wake up. I like :yes: Happy for the Sons of Horus players.

Man if the scale of the models was more on par with  40k marines I would jump back into 30k in a heartbeat.  Absolutely lovely model.

Newer 30k Marines are the same scale as the updated Chaos Marines in height. Not Primaris Marines, but they're definitely taller.

Though, Maloghurst could easily be shorter because of his injuries :lol:

• Vesalius likes this

Urauloth

Urauloth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,259 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard

He looks a lot closer to the current CSM scale than the older models in the Heresy line.

Its lonely cry comes shivering through the dark,

As beasts roar at the great biting flames,

"Blessed are the chains that bind him to the darkness

and cursed are the blades that leave him lame"

Joe

Joe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,142 posts

Dropped an update on the Missing / Unreleased Models sheet. Still surprising just how much is missing from Legiones Astartes alone.

• Redrandy93 and Son of Carnelian like this

mkbKIlr.png

nagashnee

nagashnee

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 381 posts

Looking good, tho i want a shot of the back before i make up my mind.

The Mechanicum Never Deletes Anything.

zedmeister

zedmeister

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 238 posts
  • Faction: V Legion

Dropped an update on the Missing / Unreleased Models sheet. Still surprising just how much is missing from Legiones Astartes alone.

Blimey, still a ton of special characters missing. I'd argue the Legion Attack Bike should be on the list as it has a bunch of options not in the mainline 40k kit...

Oh, and the Alpha Legion Saboteur

Edited by zedmeister, 15 April 2021 - 03:45 PM.

• Redrandy93 likes this

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,302 posts
I have to confess I'm glad I wasn't looking forward to him, does nothing for me. Glad for those that are excited though!
Signature not compliant with forum rules.
Hidden Content

Cris R

Cris R

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 125 posts
  • Faction: 30k Blood Angels, Deathwatch

Things that make him look like a DG character:

• The oversized vents and hoses on his torso.
  • The vents on the backback looks like it "mutated" and have a second grown like a plant offshoot.
  • The tattered raggy apron with holes.

The rope that is tied around the bolter makes it look like a raggedy ork shoota hold together by the rope.

Apart from that it looks ok, It's not as good as FW Khârn, Eidolon or Dynat, but ok, it's in line with the more static GW "a-foot-on-a-rock" style of pose on almost all of the new space marine characters. Also the paintjob is in line with the new GW shiny, cartoonish style and not the battleworn "realistic" style with dust, pitting, chipping á la FW 3-4 years ago.

Agree 100 percent with the paint job leaning too heavily into the 'easy Metal style for my tastes, especially since the FW style was one reason I got into the Heresy. But the Legion Apothecaries and the generic Legion Praetor in Artificer Armor all have foot on rocks poses and those are classic sculpts from several years ago.

Edited by Cris R, 15 April 2021 - 06:48 PM.

redmapa

redmapa

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,872 posts
  • Faction: Reclaimant Crusade

Finally, it only took like 10 years for this guy to get a model. I wonder what exactly is GW's plan regarding the Heresy because at this point it seems they just keep it barely alive with minimal releases, one would think they would be going full steam ahead to finish the series now that the novels are at the end. 

• zedmeister likes this
++NO PITY.NO REMORSE.NO FEAR++
++Light your way in the darkness with the pyres of burning heretics.++

++We are the champions - my friends
And we'll keep on fighting
Till the end
++

Lexington

Lexington

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,696 posts
  • Faction: Orks!

The shape and detailing of the chains on the icon, and especially the directional detail smudging in the brass-painted ring from his tabard/loincloth/whatever all scream "plastic" to me.

• Master Commander Ajax likes this

gallery_23421_16101_14266.png

fire golem

fire golem

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,070 posts
  • Faction: XVth Legion, Loyal Siege force

I feel like we’ve done this ‘it looks plastic’ dance for every Heresy release for a while. I’ll believe it when I see it. 

• Marshal Loss, stretch_135, Iron Hands Fanatic and 3 others like this

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,381 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children

Really, really doubt that this is plastic.

• Master Commander Ajax, stretch_135 and D3L like this

bRxSYDV.png

Son of Carnelian

Son of Carnelian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,692 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

The shape and detailing of the chains on the icon, and especially the directional detail smudging in the brass-painted ring from his tabard/loincloth/whatever all scream "plastic" to me.

He is based in the same Steel Legion Drab as most GW Studio armies...

Master Commander Ajax

Master Commander Ajax

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 683 posts
  • Faction: Black Castellans

Ok, so after a comment from the state of heresy thread, could this model be plastic?

I just saw the post on Warhammer Community and came straight here because I thought it had the look of a plastic model. I think it’s some of the design choices in combination with the more ‘Eavy Metal style’ paint job. Sadly however I have to agree with Son of Carnelian in that i find it highly unlikely that GW wouldn’t make a big deal about it.

Edited by Master Commander Ajax, 16 April 2021 - 01:31 PM.

• Son of Carnelian likes this

They shall be my finest warriors, these men who give of themselves to me. Like clay I shall mould them, and in the furnace of war forge them. They will be of iron will and steely muscle. In great armour shall I clad them and with the mightiest guns will they be armed. They will be untouched by plague or disease, no sickness will blight them. They will have tactics, strategies and machines so that no foe can best them in battle. They are my bulwark against the Terror. They are the Defenders of Humanity. They are my Space Marines and they shall know no fear.

Plaguecaster

Plaguecaster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,136 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard
Wait forgeworld actually releasing a new model we didn't know about and for a character that should of had a model ages ago
I must be dreaming as this is awesome
Wonder if Crysos or Durak of the death guard will get a model

Edited by Plaguecaster, 15 April 2021 - 09:08 PM.

Nurgle Abominarions: A Host of Decay Revived for 8th​.
UPDATED 29/07/17

Scribe

Scribe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,052 posts
  • Faction: Khorne

Nice model and all, but the foot on the rock is a self parody at this point. :D

Q:  Is there room for hope in the grim dark future of Warhammer 40,000?
A:  I do hope not because then it won't be the 40k universe anymore.
- Dan Abnett -

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

MegaVolt87

MegaVolt87

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,884 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors
Why are all the coins/charms gold? Shouldn't they be painted silver?
gallery_154982_15362_23624.jpg

My Iron Warriors Project   Guns for the guns god!, Bullets for the Brass throne!

infyrana

infyrana

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,803 posts

Wait forgeworld actually releasing a new model we didn't know about and for a character that should of had a model ages ago
I must be dreaming as this is awesome
Wonder if Crysos or Durak of the death guard will get a model

If they have the same torso and half as good looking as ole Malog here, that'd be awesome.

• Plaguecaster likes this

gallery_51316_15965_6348.pnggallery_51316_15965_21147.png

Sanctimonius

Sanctimonius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 195 posts

Love the paintjob, love that Sons of Horus scheme.

I really like this model. It's not as twisted as I thought he would be, but then he does have a lot more features on his armour than most others do and he looks like he's almost using the standard for a crutch as much as carrying it.

gallery_63428_7083_6894.png

Cris R

Cris R

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 125 posts
  • Faction: 30k Blood Angels, Deathwatch

Nice model and all, but the foot on the rock is a self parody at this point. biggrin.png

GW needs to go five blades and have a Primaris Lieutenant standing stoically with his foot on a rock. The hobby is not complete without one.

Edited by Cris R, 16 April 2021 - 01:04 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users