Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Maloghurst 30k Model!

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

Spagunk

Spagunk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,177 posts

Code 30 is real!

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpgsml_gallery_29004_10691_7586.pnggallery_40907_9492_4019.gifgallery_62972_10568_7658.jpggallery_62972_10568_31437.jpg

I am on Instagram now! Follow me at https://www.instagra...warhamsandwich/

The Observer

The Observer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,463 posts
  • Faction: The Legions of Yore

So do we still need that sacrifice to appease Forgeworld or can I let the goat go?

That said, love him. I already have three conversion plans for ol' Mal and I don't know which one I like more.

People like to whinge and moan about "the good old days," when things "were cool" and now somehow aren't.
One would think that this energy would be better invested in pursuing things one finds more to one's liking.
Then again, common sense doesn't seem to be all that common.

mithrilforge

mithrilforge

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,447 posts
  • Faction: 40k - Orks & Deldar
Ah the old foot on a rock pose.... with today’s advances in sculpting etc you’d think they would have more new poses ... how to deny a marine army a win?... make sure the battlefield is free from rocks ;-P
  • Cris R likes this

gallery_70393_10089_1851.png gallery_48988_6285_17537.pnggallery_6494_6331_8260.pnggallery_48988_15465_40221.png  gallery_48988_15465_18945.png

MajorNese-  In the grim darkness of the near future, there is only complaints. biggrin.png

Nemesor Tyriks

Nemesor Tyriks

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,647 posts
This model is awesome. Makes me wish I I had a use for it!

Lexington

Lexington

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,696 posts
  • Faction: Orks!

He is based in the same Steel Legion Drab as most GW Studio armies...

Oh, I mean the topographical features - the big chunky chains and skulls with details that all line up along a flat plane, the weird angular “smudge” inside that one ring on the hanging cloth, etc. Plus, as others have pointed out, that small arch holding up the icon would be a big issue for casting and shipping.

Who knows, maybe this is all an artifact of CAD sculpting, or the general Studio style starting to creep into FW, or both, or neither and it’s something else, but the mini still gets produced in resin. I just look at that thing and the reptile part of my brain that’s been boiling in GW designs for longer than it hasn’t immediately says “that mini was designed for injection-molded plastic.”

Edited by Lexington, 16 April 2021 - 03:33 AM.

• Noserenda, Master Commander Ajax, Ramell and 1 other like this

gallery_23421_16101_14266.png

StrangerOrders

StrangerOrders

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 758 posts
  • Faction: 40k: CW, SW, BA. 30k: EC, TS
Glorious model and a pleasing suggestion of more to come.

If the pattern sticks, then we should be seeing the DG and WE characters next followed by the missing Chars for AL, Sallies, WB and NL.

So a long ways from seeing the missing units (a fair chunk of IW and UM come to mind as the Legions that have been fairly starved the longest).

Still, even that would have seemed like a fever dream even a single day ago! Very pleased!!!
  • Black Blow Fly likes this

Have a lovely daybiggrin.png

Incidentally, I like to commit the cardinal sin of writing fanfiction: https://forums.space.../#post-41266642

Kizzdougs

Kizzdougs

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,181 posts
  • Faction: III Legion

I'm a Heresy snob and I love the new Maloghurst model. Nothing I don't like about it so far thumbsup.gif

Also, I really don't mind it if models are standing on rocks. I don't see the issue...

Edited by Kizzdougs, 16 April 2021 - 05:35 AM.

• Marshal Rohr, fire golem, Son of Carnelian and 4 others like this

The Sekhmet plus Emperor's Children and general 30k | Word Bearers plus general 40k | Instagram: @raptorimperialis

ETL_VI_Badge_Artisan_Master.jpg ETL_2014_Badge_V2_11_Honour.jpg ETL_Medal_06.gif Img_CH00_08Awards_03_ETL_2012A.gif Img_CH00_08Awards_06_ETL_2013A.gif gallery_29004_6198_3130.png sml_gallery_29004_10691_4416.png ETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei03.gif ETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_04.gif

gallery_11038_675_366.png

Sarvis

Sarvis

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 52 posts

I'm a Heresy snob and I love the new Maloghurst model. Nothing I don't like about it so far thumbsup.gif

Also, I really don't mind it if models are standing on rocks. I don't see the issue...

Right, if they’re going to make models more dynamic, standing on a thing is the quickest way there. And during the heresy, what’s more common on the ground than rocks, ruins, and bodies?
  • Kizzdougs and Cris R like this

Emicus

Emicus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,721 posts

So do we still need that sacrifice to appease Forgeworld or can I let the goat go?

That said, love him. I already have three conversion plans for ol' Mal and I don't know which one I like more.

Buy 4 :):)

Noserenda

Noserenda

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,528 posts
  • Faction: Scythes of the Emperor

I reckon they need a model with its foot on a dead Primaris LT, whose leg in turn is on a rock. PRAXIS :P 

• Scribe and Arendious like this

Wispy

Wispy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,356 posts

looking at the standard, it looks plastic to my eye.

• Son of Carnelian and Sarvis like this

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,906 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment

Often the venn diagram of people who complain about the tactical rocks and never fully base their models, just put sand down and call it a day is a circle :D
  • Kizzdougs, The Observer and WITCHKING501 like this

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

Spinsanity

Spinsanity

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 918 posts

Often the venn diagram of people who complain about the tactical rocks and never fully base their models, just put sand down and call it a day is a circle :D
Who knows, maybe some of those complaining have their armies modeled on Zone Mortalis bases and the damned rocks just need unnecessary attention replacing with something that fits?
  • mithrilforge and Castellan Wulfrik like this

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,906 posts
Yep! Like my army based for Zone Mortalis. Luckily many imperial buildings are made with concrete and stone so some tactical application of sand and texture paint and you get and awesome realistic interior vibe.

Edited by Marshal Rohr, 18 April 2021 - 12:44 PM.

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

Master Commander Ajax

Master Commander Ajax

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 684 posts
  • Faction: Black Castellans
Apparently someone on the Horus Heresy Facebook page has said that this model is going to be made of plastic? I don’t have access to Facebook myself, is there anyone on here that can confirm that?

They shall be my finest warriors, these men who give of themselves to me. Like clay I shall mould them, and in the furnace of war forge them. They will be of iron will and steely muscle. In great armour shall I clad them and with the mightiest guns will they be armed. They will be untouched by plague or disease, no sickness will blight them. They will have tactics, strategies and machines so that no foe can best them in battle. They are my bulwark against the Terror. They are the Defenders of Humanity. They are my Space Marines and they shall know no fear.

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,906 posts
Given today’s announcement about delays I’m not sure plastic is going to be material

SkimaskMohawk

SkimaskMohawk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,224 posts
  • Faction: Raven Guard and VIII Legion

Apparently someone on the Horus Heresy Facebook page has said that this model is going to be made of plastic? I don’t have access to Facebook myself, is there anyone on here that can confirm that?

It's just standard nonsense rumours;

"There's a noticeably different and chunkier aesthetic so it's gotta be plastic"

"The paintjob is too clean and and the base is the generic studio scheme"

"Etc..."

All these things just get regurgitated and circulated across different social media.
  • stretch_135, The Observer, Arendious and 2 others like this

Arendious

Arendious

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 360 posts
  • Faction: Umbral Owls

It's just standard nonsense rumours;

"There's a noticeably different and chunkier aesthetic so it's gotta be plastic"

"The paintjob is too clean and and the base is the generic studio scheme"

"Etc..."

All these things just get regurgitated and circulated across different social media.

Indeed. This was much of the "Tarvitz is plastic!" argument.

"Take this, thy reflector belt, that the Emperor's Holy Light will shine in all the places that you go."  ~Commissar Lemay, Imperial Flying Corpsgallery_48988_6285_18080.png

Captain Smashy Pants

Captain Smashy Pants

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,298 posts

I like this new generation of HH characters, their proportions seem to be more inline with the GW range compared to the likes of Abbadon and other characters from the same era of model production, who to be honest seem a bit weedy an just ‘off’ in general.

• Sarvis likes this
gallery_62972_14467_3390.jpggallery_62972_14467_13489.jpggallery_62972_14467_3390.jpg

I do find it hilarious that some people were saying the size of newer marine stuff looks great next to regular humans like Cadians, and then GW upsized the humans so they are the same height as marines again :lol: :lol: :lol:

TrawlingCleaner

TrawlingCleaner

++ CLOACARIUS RETICULUM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,225 posts

Please can we keep the discussion on topic and about the model rather than basing habits

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users