Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[CLOSED]++ Marinus Status Malus ++[/CLOSED]

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

space wolf

space wolf

++ FEROX IMPERCEPTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 1,492 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines/Spacewolves
Well maces were invented for such a purpose. Why bother trying to pierce armor when you can just comcuss the head or break the bones Inside?
  • NomadPainting likes this
Its, "space wolf," not "Space Wolf," or "SPACE WOLF," or "spacewolf" I'm the only Astartes cool enough to spell his name without capital letters! But if you're feeling decorous, you may add a "THE" in front of it.

- THE space wolf

My Ultramarines Roman Style

Instagram: @codex_conversions

NomadPainting

NomadPainting

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,979 posts
  • Faction: ++ The Lacunae ++

Well maces were invented for such a purpose. Why bother trying to pierce armor when you can just comcuss the head or break the bones Inside?

My thoughts exactly! Hammers, Fists, and mauls for my boys with the odd sword at squad sergeant level.

++ We Bring The Horizon ++
++ The Lacunae ++

NomadPainting

NomadPainting

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,979 posts

++Marinus Status Malus++

"Advantage through misdirection is not dishonorable. It is strategic. It is adaptive. It is war. Gain the advantage over your enemy, step closer to victory in His name. For the honor of your Chapter, you will seek the advantage."

--Vigilator Drakkert during his holo-presentation to newly assigned battle group commanders.

--------------------------------

Work in progress update for the Vigilators.

Veterans of the First Company they accompany large gatherings of Malevolents for dual purpose; to offer their wealth of combat knowledge and to ensure that all brother-marines are complying with Chapter mandate, called Watchdogs by the frater familiar of the Chapter. These are members of the Fighting Fourth veteran attack squad (Bladeguard Veteran rules). Veteran Sergeant Toareg and his FF will act as body guard to Force Commander Ghor'Hatan.

The MK6 Vigilator's shock maul will be on a sling around the wrist as he draws his pistol for the old sneaky gut shot. This will be done with green stuff at the time I set to battle damage on the shield.

gallery_41766_16996_7502.jpg
gallery_41766_16996_16342.jpg
gallery_41766_16996_12765.jpg
gallery_41766_16996_54965.jpg
gallery_41766_16996_20446.jpg

Cheers!
  • Galloway, gianlucafiorentini123, Elzender and 3 others like this

++ The Lacunae ++

NomadPainting

NomadPainting

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,979 posts

++Marinus Status Malus++

"Frater Lupus, Miles Sanguine, Ungaro Tigris? You will see other-seed among our ranks. It matters not, we not hold contempt, quest-aff. We find them or they find us, matters not. Court-martial under seed-oath found them loyal and so they have option. Enlist or exile to deep void. Most choose enlist and become Frater Malus. You see, they understand as we understand, only the pure serve Him truly. No matter the stain of their Chapter, their creed, their seed. They serve as we do, and that is enough. After all, he will sort our souls at the end. I shepard them until such time. Vis Sanctimonia, frater."

-- Chaplain-Aspirant Brakka, Veteran Sergeant of Assault Squad Sabre, addressing newly recruited initiates of the Chapter on why certain members of the Battle-groups assault echelon bear other Chapters insignia upon their war plate.

--------------------------------

Work in progress update for Assault Squad Sabre (Veteran Intercessor rules). This one I'm excited to paint when it is time. I figured what better way to continue my theme than to sprinkle some unique Brothers. This assault squad is comprised of veteran Malevolents and their adopted frater from Lost Chapters they have picked up in their travels.

gallery_41766_16996_30411.jpg

Frater Solom

gallery_41766_16996_52176.jpg

Frater Grantz

gallery_41766_16996_49468.jpg

Adopted-Frater Luciano, Formerly of the Knights of Blood

gallery_41766_16996_26470.jpg

Adopted-Frater Sigvar, Formerly of the Wolf Brothers

gallery_41766_16996_11322.jpg

Adopted-Frater Kha'an, Formerly of the Tiger Claws

gallery_41766_16996_42026.jpg

Cheers!
  • Naryn, Elzender, Ryltar Thamior and 1 other like this

++ The Lacunae ++

space wolf

space wolf

++ FEROX IMPERCEPTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 1,492 posts
Looking good!!!
Its, "space wolf," not "Space Wolf," or "SPACE WOLF," or "spacewolf" I'm the only Astartes cool enough to spell his name without capital letters! But if you're feeling decorous, you may add a "THE" in front of it.

- THE space wolf

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 7,361 posts
Some amazing conversions

Edited by Triszin, 17 June 2021 - 07:22 AM.

banana

Elzender

Elzender

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,230 posts
Amazing conversions, they're full of character and details, and I'm loving every bit of the fluff! Never would I have thought I would hold any simpathy for the Marines Malevolent, but you manage to give a lot of flavour to their apparent callousness!
  • Ryltar Thamior likes this

My blog (in Spanish): http://suenosdeuncon...logspot.com.es/

ETL_2016_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei01.jpggallery_48988_10069_73849.png

NomadPainting

NomadPainting

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,979 posts

Looking good!!!

Thanks space wolf!

Some amazing conversions

Thank you Triszin, I try to make every Marine unique. I think the last time I used stock pose Marines or unedited ones was circa 2003!

Amazing conversions, they're full of character and details, and I'm loving every bit of the fluff! Never would I have thought I would hold any simpathy for the Marines Malevolent, but you manage to give a lot of flavour to their apparent callousness!

At that is why I am doing what I do Elzender! To me it makes no sense for the way they were written. They've been around since M32 and the only info we have are a bunch of books where they are a 2d villain trope. There has to be reasons why they act the way they do so I am attempting to breath some life into their background that makes them more than the sum of Nick Kimes fall guy.
  • apologist, Slyen, Elzender and 1 other like this

++ The Lacunae ++

Spinsanity

Spinsanity

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 933 posts

Love tge idea that the MM would be willing to accept loyal orphans from disgraced chapters, it’s briliant!

The only issue I see here is the choice of Wolf Brothers… The chapter had already disappeared by M32 (according to the novel Battle of the Fang), so a survivor in the “current” era would be unlikely, no?
  • Ryltar Thamior likes this

NomadPainting

NomadPainting

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,979 posts

Love tge idea that the MM would be willing to accept loyal orphans from disgraced chapters, it’s briliant!

The only issue I see here is the choice of Wolf Brothers… The chapter had already disappeared by M32 (according to the novel Battle of the Fang), so a survivor in the “current” era would be unlikely, no?

I had considered leaving the WB off but when I take into account the cryo-statis practices of the Chapter (atleast that I have made head-canon) they could have very well picked up the sole survivor of a combat squad in the aftermath of the WBs ultimately demise.

I figure both being from M32 and having statis vaults is believable enough.

Better than time travel warp shenanigans at the very least!
  • Ryltar Thamior and Spinsanity like this

++ The Lacunae ++

deathspectersgt7

deathspectersgt7

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13,481 posts
  • Faction: Death Spectres & More
Assault Intercessors rock

gallery_70393_10089_14134.png     gallery_45765_11559_21519.png

War of the Eagle

War of the Eagle

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 188 posts
Very tacticool, I love the veteran look to these guys and warhammer needs more maces.

NomadPainting

NomadPainting

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,979 posts

Assault Intercessors rock

Thanks Sarge! I always appreciate your feedback.

Very tacticool, I love the veteran look to these guys and warhammer needs more maces.

It's my goal to make an entire battle company of raggedy ass Marines filled to the brim with supplies and bad attitude.

++ The Lacunae ++

Pearson73

Pearson73

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,362 posts
  • Faction: Iron Hands Legion

Consistently excellent posing and use of parts. Now let's see some paint!

NomadPainting

NomadPainting

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,979 posts

++Marinus Status Malus++

"They find me in underhive, a thousand eyes. Nidhogg surrounded me. Move, shoot, move, shoot, three days! Ehhh...is okay. Why? Because Nidhogg no expect to get punched, eh?"

-- Sergeant Haagr swapping monestary stories with frater from another battlegroup. Fondly patting his Tang pattern power glove, he spoke late into the simulated night cycle aboard the cruiser, regaling his cousins with tales of Tyranid encounters.

-----‐----------------------------------------------------------------------

@Pearson73 - Soooooon

So it looks like, thanks to the points changes, I have enough points in my planned 3k to upgrade my troop officers from swords to FISTS.

A staple of my old force, I am a sucker for a good power glove.

Sergeant Chono
gallery_41766_16996_40619.jpg
gallery_41766_16996_5046.jpg

Sergeant Haaz

gallery_41766_16996_115443.jpg
gallery_41766_16996_70119.jpg

Sergeant Haagr

gallery_41766_16996_97585.jpg
gallery_41766_16996_48804.jpg

Cheers!

Edited by NomadPainting, 24 June 2021 - 07:44 AM.

• Elzender and Ryltar Thamior like this

++ The Lacunae ++

Ryltar Thamior

Ryltar Thamior

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 971 posts

that chainfist is nifty! 

Vox Stellarum efforts:
The Unyielding Adamanticores [truescale Astartes, auxilia, and sectorial AdMech; M37/38]
The Haunting Harii of Hvergelmir [truescale Astartes ... and associates]
The Unification Wars [truescale Thunder Warriors, (Proto-)Astartes, Army of Unification, Aegyptian-style Proto-Mechanicus raiders, etc.]
Combat Archaeology [Tomb Raiding for Fun & Prophet]
Horus Heresy [truescale loyalist IVth, VIIIth; Agents of the Sigillite; VIth; and so much more; and Umbral's amazing Traitors]
The Worlds-Wide Webway [(Dark) Eldar, Imperial Inquisition, an a-maze-ing realmweave of fear and wondermeant]
Thorian Inquisition [some rather different Inquisitorial Storm Troopers, true-scale Fire Hawks, Black Dragon, Inquisitor and associates, etc.]
For Whom The Great Bell Tolls Thrice [attempts to put the 'priest' back in 'tech-priest' with more-medieval mechanicus]
InquisiNecronMunda [the log that incepted it all - at least two Inquisitors, truescale Deathwatch, local enforcers, cultists, etc.]

Elzender

Elzender

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,230 posts
I love how Sergeant Haaz, despite having a Power fist on his left hand, has decided to punch whatever he's facing with his non-powered hand, his target does not deserve a quick end 😄

My blog (in Spanish): http://suenosdeuncon...logspot.com.es/

ETL_2016_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei01.jpggallery_48988_10069_73849.png

Slyen

Slyen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 364 posts

I really like the use of the Chain Bayonet on the fist.  I'll have to consider that for my future Terminators.

NomadPainting

NomadPainting

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,979 posts

that chainfist is nifty!

Thanks! I never liked the fist but needed to use it and figured a good way would be to make it spicy would be to slap a chain bayonet on it!

I love how Sergeant Haaz, despite having a Power fist on his left hand, has decided to punch whatever he's facing with his non-powered hand, his target does not deserve a quick end

Oh absolutely! I was like Haaz is the kind of guy to throw down with some fisticuffs! Play with his foe before going in for the old one two falcon punch.

I really like the use of the Chain Bayonet on the fist.  I'll have to consider that for my future Terminators.

Consider away! It fits nicely with a very slight trim to the curvature of the fist.

++ The Lacunae ++

space wolf

space wolf

++ FEROX IMPERCEPTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 1,492 posts
Sooooooany pouches!!!! *Exclaimed in ecstasy*

And I love your power glove marines..."it's so bad!" (Extra points if you get the reference) ;)

- THE space wolf

NomadPainting

NomadPainting

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,979 posts

++Marinus Status Malus++

The Disagreement would follow Sergeant Chono and Combat Squad Jackal throughout the centuries. Seen as the instigator for reform during the 34th Millenium, Chono made a resolute promise to remain with his frater on the front lines. Offered promotion time and again he respectfully refused with each commendation. He even sought the assistance of the Reclusium to deter Chapter Command from thrusting more recommendations for career advancement his way. He could very well have had his own battle company. Yet, that would take him away from the bonds forged in Aeldari blood. Seed-claim has been documented and CS-JKL will remain embedded within the force familiar aboard the Purgatorum, under command of Chono until death take him or he is replaced.

--Personnel Packet Entry, reviewed by Force Commander Ghor'Hatan

-----‐----------------------------------------------------------------------

@space wolf may have to name one of them Barton!

Finished assembling Squad Jackal. They are ready for painting now and can be stored alongside Squad Raider.

gallery_41766_16996_47489.jpg
gallery_41766_16996_57524.jpg

Frater Amariz, with assault bolter and "scrunt-gun".

gallery_41766_16996_129879.jpg
gallery_41766_16996_32912.jpg

Frater Karensk, with modified phobos bolter and eye wound.

gallery_41766_16996_86434.jpg
gallery_41766_16996_81332.jpg
gallery_41766_16996_55441.jpg
gallery_41766_16996_58100.jpg
gallery_41766_16996_37132.jpg

Cheers!

Edited by NomadPainting, 28 June 2021 - 06:56 AM.

• firestorm40k, jpwyrm, Elzender and 1 other like this

++ The Lacunae ++

Grotsmasha

Grotsmasha

++ TORTOR PUMILI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,220 posts

I had considered leaving the WB off but when I take into account the cryo-statis practices of the Chapter (atleast that I have made head-canon) they could have very well picked up the sole survivor of a combat squad in the aftermath of the WBs ultimately demise.
I figure both being from M32 and having statis vaults is believable enough.
Better than time travel warp shenanigans at the very least!
Another, Black Library established, option could be a sus-an coma, floating in the void of space, where the chapter happened upon him.
Either way, pretty cool :tu:

gallery_48988_15465_50871.pnggallery_48988_6285_19365.pnggallery_48988_15465_13594.png sml_gallery_48988_15094_4327.pngsml_gallery_48988_16045_3749.png sml_gallery_48988_16045_1076.png sml_gallery_48988_16053_7077.png gallery_48988_10069_385.png

Check out my current and past projects HERE Heralds of Devastation

Having a Hobby Clean-out, a bunch of stuff now on eBay

Giving Fiverr a go, model Painting, Assembly and Conversion Commissions available

NomadPainting

NomadPainting

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,979 posts
@Grotsmasha there is that! Wouldn't be the first time a sus-an coma has popped up!

++UPDATE++

Regrettably, well, not really, the time has come to close the door on this thread. I really enjoyed my work on the Marines Malevolent years back and whilst I have been enjoying the revival something just didn't feel right.

I want change. I want something new. I thought I would do that by molding the Malevolent's into my own view but I came to the decision that was not truly faithful to the vision in my head.

And so, this thread is over. Come to end as all things do.

All the models here in will still be used. Some will be updated to match my new vision. It's finally time I cut loose from the ties that bind and forge my own narrative among the stars.

Your eyes should stay peeled in the WIP forum for from beyond the rim comes something implacable, something ancient, something insidious.

Those who stride the void, battling the nameless horrors of deep space, those who work without end to secure the border of the Imperium. The sons of the darkness bring a unique brand of terror to the outer worlds.

The Lacunae bring the horizon.

Edited by NomadPainting, 03 July 2021 - 02:39 AM.

• space wolf, Loquille, Ryltar Thamior and 1 other like this

++ The Lacunae ++

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users