Ork Updates & New Models - 9th Edition Discussion

Triszin

Reckon the box will be at least the same as the lumineth launch box.

There's 3 unit kits in there plus 2 characters - one mounted.

Based on the price rises I think lumineth launch box cost plus a bit more.

I guess I was a bit confused I though the Book was also in the box. But I see almost a 200 dollar us price on the box your talking about. I've no idea if that's more than I want to spend with out a book included. I've not been following any of the recent releases/preorders so I'm not in the know anymore. If the box comes with the book I think it would be worth the nearly 200 dollars to me to buy at least 1 army box. anything more than that and I'll have to skip till December and really give it more though but if a codex for Orks is coming this year maybe waiting longer is a better plan for me.

The codex is in there, I was only listing models. Full contents:

Zogrod Wortsnagga

Nob on smasha squig

20 Beast Snagga Boyz

3 Squighog riderz + snot bomb

26 models plus the beast snagga cover codex.

A 20 strong mob of snaggas will do for me. Assuming the Squighog riderz are monopose then one lot of them will be enough for me.

The box does come with the codex, they confirmed that in the stream. Furthermore, it comes out before the codex proppa'.

The Adepta Sororitas boxset, which also came with an advance copy of the codex, was $210. I think that's probably a solid price point to guess for our new box.

The codex is in there, I was only listing models. Full contents:

Zogrod Wortsnagga

Nob on smasha squig

20 Beast Snagga Boyz

3 Squighog riderz + snot bomb

26 models plus the beast snagga cover codex.

A 20 strong mob of snaggas will do for me. Assuming the Squighog riderz are monopose then one lot of them will be enough for me.

Alright. well, I hadn't watched the stream and didn't thing Zoggrod was going to be in the box. 

It's sounding like a good deal right now, with Him and the book.  

Those units will be about 60 bucks each after the fact not counting the book and Zoddgrod. seems to me. 

When's the preorder date? 

Edited by Warhead01

We don't have a date but I'd expect Indomitus box price being top price.

Based on what's coming:

AoS vamps, AoS Kragnos, ad mech (expect announced tomorrow) and sisters then reckon we'll be June/July earliest, August latest. Especially if they're talking about a second wave which then would make sense to be orktober. Earlier is best :D

• 2 weeks later...

A new article up, unfortunately its Zodgrod Wortsnagga which we´ve already seen. BUT I liked the snippet in the end of the article:

"Oh, and in case you were wondering if he’s the only Snakebite Character arriving in the new codex, he’s definitely not."

So who are you guessing/hoping it is?

My guess the snaggaboss is a character. But Im hoping its Old Zogwort!

Edited by Azaiel

Have to assume, considering the “ the squig-riding side of the Beast Snaggas can’t just have a few Nobs on Smasha Squigs leading them around” note that this is referring to the squig chariot character; I doubt the clearly foot-slogging Warboss would be hinted as leading the squig-riding beast snaggas...

• 2 weeks later...

I'm assuming with Warboss, grots being t3 and many other units getting it. Then everything other than vehicles,mek guns will get it. So t5 nobz and meganobz, t6 bikes and nob biker's maybe.

Nobs will have the extra wound and save and same toughness making beastsnaggas less resilient and keeping what they said accurate. Or that's my thinking anyway

I'll bet money that Nobz are T5.

This is such a great change. Almost all anti-infantry is S4 or S5. Moving all those dice one dice value is just huge. An individual work will still be easy to kill, but 30 will suddenly seem like the wall of meat it's supposed to be.

Also, choppas getting AP-1. Finally. Armor has been such a hard wall to Boys. We'll finally be able to put a dent into those targets.

Lots of thoughts about the raised toughness stat. Defiantly good and I like the idea that this will be healthy for every faction bringing more meaning to some underutilized options they may have forgotten they have. There was a big debate about the Autto cannon vs Heavy Bolter, for example. Interesting stuff all around. 
Growth stimulating growth, very Orky. 

I'm starting to think the new codex is going to be amazing. 

I've got hoped for a solid 8/10 codex for a change. Just be glad to move away from buggies(cool models but new models being spammed due to efficency is a bit meh to me) and dakka spam.

I would also be happy for a 8/10, but ecstatic if we get a 9/10 that allows heavy dakka/heavy choppin or a mix of two without killing penalties. 

Curious to see if the Uge Choppa will be Warboss only or show up 1-2 places elsewhere.  

I also think we are going to see a huge squig model show up in a month or two, because you can't keep talking about the beast snaggas fighting/hunting/taming huge squigs and not have one (well you can, but man would be a missed opportunity)

For 10/10, I would love to see ability to attach/add minor meks/painboyz to boyz mobz (I love converting them, so me being greedy), and another surprise model of some sort that is just 1000 percent crazy orkiness.

Week on Monday. Ere we go articles are every fortnight.

They're telling us today when dominion pre orders will be which makes me think sisters wave 2 tomorrow. Then dominion, then two weeks, then snaggas box. After that, who knows?!

This whole thing is for the first time making me a little crazy. I'm in a complete hold pattern now. I had plans to buy units or my BA's then my IG and maybe my Orks, units in almost any order really . Now I feel like sitting on my funds is a better move with Ork articles already, and that was to me unexpected, I feel like maybe not spending money on stuff is a smarter move. 
Or I am completely wrong...again... 

Right. Assuming tomorrow announces sisters 2nd wave, dominion is confirmed for June 19th pre order and release of July 3rd. As such earliest we'll see the Snagga box and codex is July 10th.

More likely a spesh games release on the 10th and the snagga box on the 17th?